What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What You Doin’ Today? (1 Viewer)

ChiefD

Footballguy
Me:

1. Farmers Market at 7:00 am

2. Local pond to film some clips of my son and a prototype fish popper bait for corbinatorbaitcompany.com

3. Home Depot

4. Chiefs game on TV at noon

5. Paint fishing lures for above website

6. Fixin’ to grill some chicken and some seasonal veggies and fresh sweet corn

7. Beer

8. Royals game on TV at 6

9. Sporting KC game on TV at 8. Running duo TV action in the garage

10. Takin the boat out tomorrow morning at 6am to try and catch some catfish for Sunday dinner

1. Grocery shopping
2. Trip to local dump
3. Replaced AC intake filters
4. Mowed lawn
5. Lots of NFL football watching

Tomorrow:

1. Wally World rando purchase run
2. Dog park
3. Lunch with friend
4. Beers with same friend
5. Grilling dinner

Living the prosaic life here

Taking my daughter to see "Pretty Woman" at the DCPA tonight at 7:30pm MDT. That's right, I bought the tickets back in May; couldn't get a date by August. For some reason, Chinese women like me pretty well, but not American women. Maybe it's 'cause I can speak Mandarin; I don't know.

- Took my pup downtown Third Ward to walk the strip and had a drink on an outdoor patio (Kettle & Tonic with 2 limes. Nike Dunk Low UNC on feet)
- 2 hr nap
- Just finished a 1.5 hr workout (cardio & weights)
- Getting ready now to go downtown for a solo steak dinner at a restaurant (Carson's) that has a hot *** bartender (Alyssa) I've been flirting with. (TBD kicks)
- After dinner drinks (likely solo unless I make friends at dinner) at a semi-outdoor rooftop bar (9th floor of the Journeyman Hotel in the Third Ward)

- Took my pup downtown Third Ward to walk the strip and had a drink on an outdoor patio (Kettle & Tonic with 2 limes. Nike Dunk Low UNC on feet)
- 2 hr nap
- Getting ready now to go downtown for a solo steak dinner at a restaurant (Carson's) that has a hot *** bartender (Alyssa) I've been flirting with. (TBD kicks)
- After dinner drinks (likely solo unless I make friends at dinner) at a semi-outdoor rooftop bar (9th floor of the Journeyman Hotel in the Third Ward)
No personal grooming today? Ran out of time?

- 2 hr nap
How’s their BBQ?

On a long weekend trip at Nemacolin resort in PA. Zoo, pool, and mini golf with the kiddo today. Currently in room sipping an Old Fashioned and reading Eric Foner’s The Fiery Trial (well, was, before quick check of phone and FFA), while he watches SpongeBob.

- 2 hr nap
No personal grooming today? Ran out of time?
Positive manifestations, kegel exercises, healthy lunch smoothie, walk outside, good workout, looking fresh to go out to dinner and drinks. What more do you want?

- 2 hr nap
How’s their BBQ?
It’s what they’re known for but just too messy for me on a night out.

Went diving for lobster at 6:30a. Well, I drove the boat, my two buddies dove. Got back around 4p. They were able to catch 8 of them so it was definitely a light haul.

After I got home I went for a run. Now I'm heating up the grill to make some burgers (not a lobster fan anyway) and some onion rings while watching the White Sox and drinking some Veza Sur Mangolandia.

Will probably game on my computer later on for awhile.

Went diving for lobster at 6:30a. Well, I drove the boat, my two buddies dove. Got back around 4p. They were able to catch 8 of them so it was definitely a light haul.

After I got home I went for a run. Now I'm heating up the grill to make some burgers (not a lobster fan anyway) and some onion rings while watching the White Sox and drinking some Veza Sur Mangolandia.

Will probably game on my computer later on for awhile.
That’s a pretty good day but dang, two of those lobsters would be going home with me. :lol:

I work 3rd shift, so I slept today. Just got up.

Trying to figure out something for dinner because the wife and kids already ate.

Vacuumed the pool.

Got my first haircut of the year.

Went to a funeral for a friend who became a coworker. She was hit head on, she fought for 14 days before succumbing to her injuries. She was one of those giving people who was always there for everyone. Life's not fair.

Took a nap.

Watching the Cowboys.

Here's my day, ChiefD - thank you for asking.

Got up at 5:40 a.m. because why not. I was planning to be up at 6:30 anyway, so when I woke up I just went for it. Getting up that early on a Saturday because I was meeting my friends Becka and Charity to do a charity 10K for suicide awareness. Charity lost one of her sons to suicide, I lost my grandmother, and all of us have lost various friends. Great cause and should have been a good day with friends.

The event was near Charity's house, which is a ferry ride away from me. On a normal day, it would take me 80-90 minutes to get there. But Saturdays in the summer are not normal days. I knew this and planned accordingly, and I had no issues getting over early in the morning.

The event was lovely. When we arrived, we were given our swag (very good swag!) and also could choose different colored bracelets to wear that signified different things - lost a parent, lost a child, have struggled yourself, whatever. I picked up one for lost a relative, one for helping others with their struggles, one as just an ally of the cause. Then they had these big posterboards where you could sign whatever you wanted. I started reading what people had written and found myself tearing up. I signed to tell my grandma I missed her and stopped reading to try to avoid sobbing. But it was a really positive, beautiful event. The course was around a lake, mostly flat, just very nice all around.

We did the "race" (note: we were not racing), poked around the booths they had set up and stuff. Then we went for mimosas, bloody Marys, and lunch. Such a great time. We were all really tired after getting up early, doing the race, and having two cocktails each, so we decided to part ways for the day and get together soon! I dropped Charity at her house, and that's where the good time ended.

Traffic getting back to the ferry dock was insane, taking me almost an hour just for that. And, thinking I was clever, I chose a particular ferry because the other one I could have taken has been a cluster**** with only one boat running instead of two, meaning there are half as many sailings per day. Except, I guess, other people knew this, too. And, it's a Saturday in the summer, and there's just no getting around it. I waited for over two hours in line to get on the ferry.

Oh, but wasn't I able to hang out in a ferry terminal, or walk to a restaurant to chill while I waited. NOPE. The one I chose doesn't have this and you have to stay with your car. My car, which was parked in a fashion that made the sun fire in directly into the driver's seat from both the front and the side, somehow. So I rigged up a jacket and my race t-shirt onto my visor so that it was kind of blocking the sun as much as it could, which made me look like those people who hang sheets in their windows at home, but it was boiling hot in there. You're not supposed to idle your car (not that you'd want to for two hours anyway), so all I could do was open all the windows and hope for a breeze. Did I say breeze? Oh no, what I got instead was bees. Bees. They started coming in and out of the car until I finally gave in and rolled up the windows, started the car, and prayed for the sweet release of A/C or death, either of which would have been fine.

My 80-90 minute trip was four hours and ten minutes.

Now I'm watching Seahawks and drinking wine.

TLDR version:
Early riser
Ferry
Mimosas
Traffic/lines/heat
Bees
Wine
Whoever is the Seahawks QB now?

Got up at 5:40 a.m. because why not. I was planning to be up at 6:30 anyway, so when I woke up I just went for it. Getting up that early on a Saturday because I was meeting my friends Becka and Charity to do a charity 10K for suicide awareness. Charity lost one of her sons to suicide, I lost my grandmother, and all of us have lost various friends. Great cause and should have been a good day with friends.

The event was near Charity's house, which is a ferry ride away from me. On a normal day, it would take me 80-90 minutes to get there. But Saturdays in the summer are not normal days. I knew this and planned accordingly, and I had no issues getting over early in the morning.

The event was lovely. When we arrived, we were given our swag (very good swag!) and also could choose different colored bracelets to wear that signified different things - lost a parent, lost a child, have struggled yourself, whatever. I picked up one for lost a relative, one for helping others with their struggles, one as just an ally of the cause. Then they had these big posterboards where you could sign whatever you wanted. I started reading what people had written and found myself tearing up. I signed to tell my grandma I missed her and stopped reading to try to avoid sobbing. But it was a really positive, beautiful event. The course was around a lake, mostly flat, just very nice all around.

We did the "race" (note: we were not racing), poked around the booths they had set up and stuff. Then we went for mimosas, bloody Marys, and lunch. Such a great time. We were all really tired after getting up early, doing the race, and having two cocktails each, so we decided to part ways for the day and get together soon! I dropped Charity at her house, and that's where the good time ended.

Traffic getting back to the ferry dock was insane, taking me almost an hour just for that. And, thinking I was clever, I chose a particular ferry because the other one I could have taken has been a cluster**** with only one boat running instead of two, meaning there are half as many sailings per day. Except, I guess, other people knew this, too. And, it's a Saturday in the summer, and there's just no getting around it. I waited for over two hours in line to get on the ferry.

Oh, but wasn't I able to hang out in a ferry terminal, or walk to a restaurant to chill while I waited. NOPE. The one I chose doesn't have this and you have to stay with your car. My car, which was parked in a fashion that made the sun fire in directly into the driver's seat from both the front and the side, somehow. So I rigged up a jacket and my race t-shirt onto my visor so that it was kind of blocking the sun as much as it could, which made me look like those people who hang sheets in their windows at home, but it was boiling hot in there. You're not supposed to idle your car (not that you'd want to for two hours anyway), so all I could do was open all the windows and hope for a breeze. Did I say breeze? Oh no, what I got instead was bees. Bees. They started coming in and out of the car until I finally gave in and rolled up the windows, started the car, and prayed for the sweet release of A/C or death, either of which would have been fine.

TLDR version:
Early riser
Ferry
Mimosas
Traffic/lines/heat
Bees
Wine
I could have used all the like emojis on this one. :lol:

That day had it all. Sounds like a beauty day other than the ferry experience.

TLDR version:
Early riser
Ferry
Mimosas
Traffic/lines/heat
Bees
Wine
That’s way more interesting than my day. Except for the part about the Seahawks.

Truly does sound like a lovely event. And hopefully worth the logistics headache.

TLDR version:
Early riser
Ferry
Mimosas
Traffic/lines/heat
Bees
Wine
I could have used all the like emojis on this one. :lol:

That day had it all. Sounds like a beauty day other than the ferry experience.

TLDR version:
Early riser
Ferry
Mimosas
Traffic/lines/heat
Bees
Wine
That’s way more interesting than my day. Except for the part about the Seahawks.

Truly does sound like a lovely event. And hopefully worth the logistics headache.

Yeah, beautiful day for sure. Next year I'll just plan to spend the night. :)

- 2 hr nap
Love all those places! :thumbup:

- 2 hr nap

But, hot *** Alyssa doesn't work at Carson's anymore...NOOOOOOO!!

Home Depot to buy a replacement toilet seat. Then install said toilet seat.

Maybe I'll go to Ace hardware instead since I don't like HD and can ride my bike to Ace.

- 2 hr nap

But, hot *** Alyssa doesn't work at Carson's anymore...NOOOOOOO!!
I heard she left because some creepy older dude in kids sneakers wouldn’t leave her alone

Yesterday I helped neighbors put up a tent and some tables for their daughters HS graduation.

Tore out some bushes in the front of the house.

Had pizza with the fam and SIL

Did some light fireworks then drank beers and shared a bowl around the fire with some friends and went to bed around midnight.

It's my birthday!

Drinking coffee wasting some time on this stupid site
Gonna bike to good restaurant with wife and kids for brunch
Eat. Have a bloody.
Bike home - stop at good beer store on the way - hopefully there are samples
Take dogs to dog park
Nap
Head to store and buy grillables for dinner
Hang with friends and family on my private island and drink mucho beer while grilling
Smoke a huge bowl and play some games with kiddos
Good night

Maybe I'll go to Ace hardware instead since I don't like HD and can ride my bike to Ace.

If you're doing the toilet seat, have you gotten a bidet attachment yet GB? $36 on Amazon, you won't be disappointed.
I've tried out the legit Japanese toilets with all the buttons when I traveled abroad for work (very popular in Taiwan). Not a huge fan of the water squirted on my balloon knot.

Hang with friends and family on my private island and drink mucho beer while grilling
Wait, wut?
:)

Not my own private one - but my neighborhood - collection of 50'ish homes collectively own an island on a lake here in twin cities. Small little thing, 2 acres. But it is ours and has a small soccer field, beach, grills, canoes/kayaks, playground, basketball hoop, boat launch.

If you're doing the toilet seat, have you gotten a bidet attachment yet GB? $36 on Amazon, you won't be disappointed.
Good lord, you sound like @gianmarco ...

Bidets are life changing for the better and are cheap and easy to incorporate. Until you have one you don't know what you're missing. I'm being serious.

Yes, I have the same setup with the Ace being so much closer. The extra couple dollars is worth not going through the hassle and traffic of driving. Plus the gas I save probably equals the price difference. Shop local and you won't go loco.

Rode the bike home with the 2 extended bowl seats in my messenger bag. Got 6 kitchen knives sharpened too.

Seats installed fine, but one small part seemed to be missing from the included hardware. It worked OK without that spacer.

Put on a movie for the kids, took a shower, badda-bing with the wife, then a quick nap.

Now to get the food and drink ready for a free evening concert in the park 2 blocks away. It's a Haitian band and I hope there are Hatian vendors selling food.

Rode the bike home with the 2 extended bowl seats in my messenger bag. Got 6 kitchen knives sharpened too.

Seats installed fine, but one small part seemed to be missing from the included hardware. It worked OK without that spacer.

Put on a movie for the kids, took a shower, badda-bing with the wife, then a quick nap.

Now to get the food and drink ready for a free evening concert in the park 2 blocks away. It's a Haitian band and I hope there are Hatian vendors selling food.
What did they charge to sharpen your knives? I

$7 per.

They had a fully automated system with an optical sensor to map the blade profile. It was really slick. We definitely don't get the knives sharpened often enough.

$7 per.

They had a fully automated system with an optical sensor to map the blade profile. It was really slick. We definitely don't get the knives sharpened often enough.
Sweet. I have a regular Ace I go to every couple of weeks. Will definitely check this out.

“Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time”

This was my yesterday. Today I’m Frank the Tank.

Busy day, enjoy it while you can. Those days are gone before you know it, kids grow up fast. Luckily, cialis is a wonder drug in case you need it in the future. In my omnivore days, I tried some good Haitian food in Miami, including fried conch, goat stew, fried pork (griot), and pigeon peas with rice.

Users who are viewing this thread