What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Going On in Chicago? (1 Viewer)

SquashBug

Footballguy
For those who follow the Bears, I have one simple question: What is going on with the Chicago offense. Now, I get that the weather was terrible their first game. Those things happen. But yesterday they passed the ball ONCE to Cole Kmet and ONCE to Darnell Mooney. Is it the coaching staff that doesn't realize their value or is Justin Fields just plain stupid? I mean, come on...so far Cole Kmet has ZERO catches (and ZERO fantasy points) in TWO GAMES while D. Mooney has accumulated TWO receptions and about 4 yards--in two whole games!!! This is crazy. That said, can anybody explain what is going on here? Thanks.

They aren't very good on offense? They call stupid plays (shotgun on 4th and goal from the 2 inch line)? Montgomery and Herbert are probably their two best offensive weapons and they need to run the offense through them....not through Fields (at this point). From what I have seen they are not playing to the strengths of the players they do have.

What Gally said. Their OL isn't good, Fields does not have enough weapons.....Mooney isn't a target hog kind of WR. And Montgomery is an average NFL RB. Just not enough talent on the offensive side of the ball.

They ended up tearing this thing down to the studs and are starting over, sure they have a few decent players but Fields is raw, Mooney, Kmet, Montgomery and Herbert are OK. They are real young and there will be growing pains, new systems, coaches, etc. etc. As a life long fan, they will be super frustrating to watch, the only thing you want to see at this point is some growth. Hard to gauge any progress when you call 11 pass plays all night. But, kind of hard to throw the ball when your QB is under duress at the snap... oh well, they'll surprise a couple more teams but should finish last in the NFC North. Hard Knocks next season?!?

They ended up tearing this thing down to the studs and are starting over, sure they have a few decent players but Fields is raw, Mooney, Kmet, Montgomery and Herbert are OK. They are real young and there will be growing pains, new systems, coaches, etc. etc. As a life long fan, they will be super frustrating to watch, the only thing you want to see at this point is some growth. Hard to gauge any progress when you call 11 pass plays all night. But, kind of hard to throw the ball when your QB is under duress at the snap... oh well, they'll surprise a couple more teams but should finish last in the NFC North. Hard Knocks next season?!?
I think they can grind out 6-7 wins with that schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread