What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - After a shower/bath, do you primarily dry off inside the shower/tub or outside? (1 Viewer)

After a shower/bath, do you primarily dry off inside the shower/tub or outside?

• Inside

Votes: 94 62.7%
  • Outside

Votes: 56 37.3%

• Total voters
100% inside, and one of my absolute pet peeves is that my wife must jump out and stand on the bathmat to drip dry a few minutes before ever even reaching for a towel because she absolutely soaks the bathmat. And when she's in a hurry and doesn't drape the mat over the tub to dry out, I have soaked countless pairs of socks because I go in after her and step on the mat.

Outside. Stand in the shower after shutting off the water to drip-dry for a little bit. Then get out, onto the bathmat and dry off with towel.

I feel like I would be elbowing the walls if I dried off inside the shower.

The votes for "inside" surprise me a lot, though I guess it depends a lot on the individual shower set-up and especially on the bathroom's moisture control.

Where I shower, the bathroom vent is broken** and the shower is tiny. It's way too much of a "humidity box" to towel off in there. The conditions are such that if I attempted to dry off in the shower, the towel would get more wet from the walls of the shower than from my wet self. Just not enough room in there.

** Open window to the outside does well enough, but not like a tricked-out modern shower in a nice modern bathroom.

inside - I don't want a wet bath mat or bathroom floor.

Ah ... never considered this angle. I use our shower bathroom differently -- once done showering, I move to a different bathroom (one in which the bathtub and shower don't function) for the rest of the morning routine. So no worries about stepping on a wet mat.

Towel drying after a shower actually consists of three phases now that I think on it. One, a cursory dry-off standing right outside the shower. Two, scamper into our nearby bedroom (which I have to myself by this time) to semi-air-dry. Three, go into the bathroom adjoining the bedroom to do a final, vigorous "once and for all" dry-off.

Sounds kind of complicated once I lay it all out like that. I had simpler set-ups in previous domiciles ... but this is what it's evolved into today.

I do towel off the top half and left leg before getting out of the shower, then step out with left leg and dry off right leg before stepping on the mat. That's just to get the large drops of water off. Then continue to dry off the pits, back and nethers until pretty dry. Then lotion, fix hair and brush teeth.

Ah ... never considered this angle. I use our shower bathroom differently -- once done showering, I move to a different bathroom (one in which the bathtub and shower don't function) for the rest of the morning routine. So no worries about stepping on a wet mat.

Towel drying after a shower actually consists of three phases now that I think on it. One, a cursory dry-off standing right outside the shower. Two, scamper into our nearby bedroom (which I have to myself by this time) to semi-air-dry. Three, go into the bathroom adjoining the bedroom to do a final, vigorous "once and for all" dry-off.

Sounds kind of complicated once I lay it all out like that. I had simpler set-ups in previous domiciles ... but this is what it's evolved into today.
Jeez - how many master bathrooms you got Mr. Richie Rich?

Voted inside. I do mostly inside but also some outside. Been known to give the wife a show when finishing up if she's in bed reading. It doesn't always work for getting her motor running, but shooters gonna shoot.
I hope you don't do the "towel slide through the taint" move. That only works with college chicks.

50/50

I do my hair and a quick once over in the shower and then move out to do the detailed work.

Jeez - how many master bathrooms you got Mr. Richie Rich?
I thought that at first too until I read the fine print about moving to the bathroom where the tub and shower don't function. I am not sure if he is so rich that he just does that because he can because he already has too many functioning shower/baths or not Richie Rich enough to fix the malfunctioning fixtures. It could go either way

I thought that at first too until I read the fine print about moving to the bathroom where the tub and shower don't function. I am not sure if he is so rich that he just does that because he can because he already has too many functioning shower/baths or not Richie Rich enough to fix the malfunctioning fixtures. It could go either way

The latter. The plumbing in our home is a nightmare -- it would be an easy six-figure job to get it all** repaired and upgraded to modern standards.

** "all" includes blockages between the house and municipal drainage, so they'd have to dig up our front yard, replace a mess of pipes, etc.

Where is the both option? Partial in the shower, finish outside.
Yeah this is me, especially at home. Sometimes if I'm traveling, like today, I get out and dry off. For some reason I feel nervous about my footing in situations I'm not accustomed to.

The latter. The plumbing in our home is a nightmare -- it would be an easy six-figure job to get it all** repaired and upgraded to modern standards.

** "all" includes blockages between the house and municipal drainage, so they'd have to dig up our front yard, replace a mess of pipes, etc
How old is the house? Ours was built in 1966 and the owners before us moved all the water lines into the attic because they had about 3 slab leaks in succession. I have replaced my sewer line in a few places because it was the old paper/tar pipes and they originally had ivey in the front yard that basically bore it's way into the line. Luckily I have a buddy that works for the water district and he was able to put a camera down the sewer line when I had a back up and found a tuft of roots clogging the line. I dug up that area to find the line. There was about an 18" section that was completely gone. I called him over to look at the line once i cleared it by hand and asked where that missing piece was. I told him it was never there. He was in disbelief.

I was able to replace about 60' of that old stuff where it came from the house and went into the old ivey location. Been ok since (knock on wood). Now I have had a couple pin hole leaks in my copper water supply line. Another root issue. An oak tree root go under the line and started pushing it up and the water eroded the pipe enough to make a pin hole leak. Called the plumber (I don't do copper) and he repaied that section. I thought I was good because I removed the root and the pipe seemed fine on either side. About 6 months later another pin hole leak. I found that and was able to "fix" it with a hose clamp and bicycle tube for the time being. I haven't brought myself to actually get a bid to replace the entire supply line yet. It goes under my driveway so concrete work is likely as well as tearing up my front lawn.

I am torn because it would be good to do all the prep work now so I won't be without water for long but it's quite a cost. Still mulling it over.

About 6 months later another pin hole leak. I found that and was able to "fix" it with a hose clamp and bicycle tube for the time being. I haven't brought myself to actually get a bid to replace the entire supply line yet. It goes under my driveway so concrete work is likely as well as tearing up my front lawn.

I am torn because it would be good to do all the prep work now so I won't be without water for long but it's quite a cost. Still mulling it over.
If you have the means I would just bite the bullet for two reasons:

1. It's gonna get worse

2. Your water bill will keep increasing because you are basically running water 24 hours a day (I'm assuming it is still somewhat leaking).

About 6 months later another pin hole leak. I found that and was able to "fix" it with a hose clamp and bicycle tube for the time being. I haven't brought myself to actually get a bid to replace the entire supply line yet. It goes under my driveway so concrete work is likely as well as tearing up my front lawn.

If you have the means I would just bite the bullet for two reasons:

1. It's gonna get worse

2. Your water bill will keep increasing because you are basically running water 24 hours a day (I'm assuming it is still somewhat leaking).
You are correct (other than the still leaking part). It was just a pinhole and I was able to stop it completely. I still have the hole dug so I can check on it and if there are any new things developing.

I do plan to at least get a couple estimates in the near future. The big thing is I want to get ideas on how they plan to replace the line. There are a few things they could do which may minimize concrete work or if there are methods they have that will allow the concrete to stay in place. All things I want to get figured out.

I didn’t read every post but didn’t see anybody say it depends on the temp. In the winter I dry off in the warmth of the shower - summer when it’s hot as balls I’ll step out to cool down some and then dry off.

This is a legacy WN? question... pretty sure I originally posed it because I was tired of my teenaged boys completely drenching the bathroom floors after a shower.

I suppose my answer might be different if I knew someone was going to clean up after me :angry:

Voted inside. I do mostly inside but also some outside. Been known to give the wife a show when finishing up if she's in bed reading. It doesn't always work for getting her motor running, but shooters gonna shoot.
If I hear, "dry those balls goood" my shot swooshed.

Gave this its deserved amount of thought this morning. Hair and front upper body inside, rest outside. So I'm going with inside.

Where is the both option? Partial in the shower, finish outside.
Yeah this is me, especially at home. Sometimes if I'm traveling, like today, I get out and dry off. For some reason I feel nervous about my footing in situations I'm not accustomed to.
I've thought about this thread more over the past few days. I am definitely part in shower, part out. My shower isn't big enough for me to really do a proper job. I do a bit in the shower and the rest out (like bending to get the lower legs, etc.).

Outside. What if the towel touches the wet shower floor or walls while drying off? They you're drying with a wet corner on your towel? No thank you!

eta: freaks

Finally decided to vote outside as it definitely is more common for me to dry off outside but I do enough of both to warrant either.

Users who are viewing this thread