What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you run your washing machine when nobody is home? (1 Viewer)

Do you do laundry (in a washing machine) even when there is nobody home?

• Total voters
Of course. My washer is in my basement. It would take some miraculous timing if something were to go wrong for me even to realize its happening. Dishwasher would make more sense

Not normally, no, but my washer and dryer are in the downstairs area of my condo, and it's not like I stay down there when either is running, so if anything goes wrong, it's possible I wouldn't know it for a while.

If we didn't run the washing machine, dishwasher, dryer, etc when no one was around then our home would be a candidate for Hoarders.

Yes, I will leave the house with food slowly cooking in the stove, crockpot or smoker. I don't live my life in fear. If the house floods or burns down my house is insured.
I don’t consider this particularly high on the list of risky behaviors, but it would be interesting to see what people perceive as the biggest risks they take/have taken.

For most people it’s driving, I’m sure, particularly when you consider distractions/intoxication. Or maybe being obese?

Regularly, no. Usually do all the laundry on one day when I'm home to be able to maximize efficiency (hear the ding, change the load out and start a new one). But I don't have any fear about running out for a quick errand or something while it's running and have done it on occasion.

I
Yes, I will leave the house with food slowly cooking in the stove, crockpot or smoker. I don't live my life in fear. If the house floods or burns down my house is insured.
I don’t consider this particularly high on the list of risky behaviors, but it would be interesting to see what people perceive as the biggest risks they take/have taken.

For most people it’s driving, I’m sure, particularly when you consider distractions/intoxication. Or maybe being obese?
I would think drug use, military service or rock climbing would be among the riskiest behaviors in the FFA.

Last edited:

Do you do laundry (in a washing machine) even when there is nobody home? Meaning, do you regularly start the washing machine and then leave the house.
Never.. A friend of ours did.. Hose came off, water everywhere.

We stopped running any appliances when we aren't home after one day the dishwasher was running and I heard a crackling sound. I looked into the Kitchen and smoke was coming out the front panel. I unplugged it and opened the door to find a small fire. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread