What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the worst movie you've ever seen? (2 Viewers)

Yeah, I addressed that too, and my post still stands for this thread.  Unless you have only a handful of movies, something like Thin Red Line shouldn't be mentioned.  

My opinion is stuff that doesn't meet the criteria posted isn't a terrible movie in the first place, so shouldn't be in the discussion.  Obviously you disagree with my theory.  

I guarantee if I started a new thread the responses would be the same.  
There were no such guidelines at the top of this thread and declaring rules 25 pages in is sorta  stupid . If the average FBG can't follow simple instructions, we all may have overrated the average FBG. 

There were no such guidelines at the top of this thread and declaring rules 25 pages in is sorta  stupid . If the average FBG can't follow simple instructions, we all may have overrated the average FBG. 
:lol:

I thought I took this too seriously.  I didn't declare anything, just gave my opinikon

I will direct you to the "women I find oddly attractive" thread for proof the FFA doesn't understand rules. 

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

I thought I took this too seriously.  I didn't declare anything, just gave my opinikon
Maybe i misread these as rules/guidelines... if so, mea culpa

What I had at the top of my head:

1.  It has to to have all of:  bad direction, dialogue, plot, and acting. 

You know, basically no redeeming quality.  IMO that takes out a lot of movies that are listed.  As much as I hate Wes Anderson movies, they don't belong because they are fantastically shot and have sharp dialogue.  Something like Thin Red Line belongs nowhere near the lists b/c again, it is a beautifully shot movie.  I think an easy way to look at this is probably....

2.  It can't have won or been nominated for any major awards besides a Raspberry. 

I guess we can maybe bring up examples but I can't think of any truly terrible movie that would qualify. 

3.  It can't have an average to above average rating.

Sorry, but if 50% of people like it, it's probably not a movie that should talked about as worst ever.  So I can't claim that Fury Road is the worst movie ever. 

4.  It can't be trying to be bad. 

This takes out stuff like Sharknado and the like. 

And more recently the Famous People you've had a Beer with thread .
Nearly everyone has had some brush with fame, but who have you sat down with and had beer (or other beverage)?
Is there a business analyst in the house? Hey @Foosball God, Can you splain to the FBG Nation how to communicate instructions/requirements?

Anything not explicitly declared and agreed upon is left to the discretion of the implementer. 

Just watched Fifty Shades Darker with my wife.

It's pretty bad.
I was just discussing the first one with my wife.  I told her that I'd  never seen a move with so much sex and nudity that completely failed to turn me on.  She agreed. What a waste. 

Is there a business analyst in the house? Hey @Foosball God, Can you splain to the FBG Nation how to communicate instructions/requirements?

Anything not explicitly declared and agreed upon is left to the discretion of the implementer. 
Looks like you did a fine job.  If you didn't spell it out in the requirements then don't come #####ing to me when it isn't implemented how you want it.

I was just discussing the first one with my wife.  I told her that I'd  never seen a move with so much sex and nudity that completely failed to turn me on.  She agreed. What a waste. 
I found the first one incredibly tame and not sure what all the fuss was about, but then I remembered I have 2+ decades of internet pron that I am comparing it to...

A couple other legitimately terrible movies:

Heartbeeps

Americathon

These may not quite be on the level of Plan 9 from Outer Space or the Room, but they are truly awful, awful movies.

This remains one of my favorite quotes of all time in FFA history.  So good.
My work here is finally done then.  I can finally set down my burden and just start walking the earth like a bitter, underemployed Kane. 

(And Eyes Wide Shut is still, undeniably, an utter piece of excrement.)

Oh wow.  That 1st one was god awful.  Sorry you had to endure that. 

(btw, was it worth it?? ;) )
I attempted to watch the first one with my wife last night. What a disaster. I thought it was boring as hell and started dozing off 20 minutes in. Once I snapped out of it, I was questioned every couple of minutes whether I was still awake, which was even more irritating than having to pretend I had any interest in the movie.  

Then we had to pause it about an hour and 5 minutes in because our 2 year old woke up and started crying. My wife went up there to try and calm her down while I googled info on how to deal with a toddler that suddenly has trouble sleeping (we had had a lot of trouble even getting her to bed in the first place last night). My wife couldn't get her to stop crying and gave up and came back downstairs. I told her what I had been looking up thinking it would get me some points since I wasn't looking up sports stuff, which is what I would normally be doing. Instead, I got a condescending comment about how doing that was worthless. I responded "OK, guess it was stupid of me to try to do something to help our daughter".  

My wife then told me that I was being an ####### all night (apparently I wasn't enthusiastic enough about this piece of crap movie) and that she was going to bed.  So instead of getting me laid, this movie prevented it. Huge disappointment after investing an hour and 5 minutes of my time in it during my alma mater's basketball game against their biggest rival.

The best part is that after all that, I went to my daughter's room and got her to sleep within 10-15 minutes (which is pretty good considering how bad she was fighting going to bed), then returned to my room to find my wife fast asleep. For all the crap I got while we were watching the movie about being awake, I thought it was pretty funny how fast she fell asleep. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I attempted to watch the first one with my wife last night. What a disaster. I thought it was boring as hell and started dozing off 20 minutes in. Once I snapped out of it, I was questioned every couple of minutes whether I was still awake, which was even more irritating than having to pretend I had any interest in the movie.  

Then we had to pause it about an hour and 5 minutes in because our 2 year old woke up and started crying. My wife went up there to try and calm her down while I googled info on how to deal with a toddler that suddenly has trouble sleeping (we had had a lot of trouble even getting her to bed in the first place last night). My wife couldn't get her to stop crying and gave up and came back downstairs. I told her what I had been looking up thinking it would get me some points since I wasn't looking up sports stuff, which is what I would normally be doing. Instead, I got a condescending comment about how doing that was worthless. I responded "OK, guess it was stupid of me to try to do something to help our daughter".  

My wife then told me that I was being an ####### all night (apparently I wasn't enthusiastic enough about this piece of crap movie) and that she was going to bed.  So instead of getting me laid, this movie prevented it. Huge disappointment after investing an hour and 5 minutes of my time in it during my alma mater's basketball game against their biggest rival.

The best part is that after all that, I went to my daughter's room and got her to sleep within 10-15 minutes (which is pretty good considering how bad she was fighting going to bed), then returned to my room to find my wife fast asleep. For all the crap I got while we were watching the movie about being awake, I thought it was pretty funny how fast she fell asleep. 
You poor sod

Users who are viewing this thread