What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

what's your one "stone cold lock" draft pick? (1 Viewer)

With the eleventh pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Tennessee Titans select,

Blake Bortles, QB, University of Central Florida.

Another lock:

The Pats trade out of the first round. (I don't want it to happen, just figure someone early in round two will want to get up in the end of the first for a QB.)

surprised nobody has locked in Dennard to Pittsburgh yet.
I agree with this. Dennard to Pitt and also Kyle Fuller to Cincy
The reason I don't think Fuller to Bengals is that he is considered a late riser flying up boards into the 1st rd and the Bengals have been pretty transparent for years that they set things way in advance and pretty much wait on the draft and stick to initial grades. CB makes sense though and his style could fit. I just don't think the Bengals are ever the team falling in love with a guy late in the process. Who knows though, they could have had him this high all along and the media is just now catching on.

I think it's a little insane to lock in a pick that late when the guy isn't even a slam dunk #1 prospect at the position. With all the uncertainty surrounding the QB's, would it really be that shocking if a Justin Gilbert or one of the big name wideouts slid? I could see PIT going that way instead if it happens.

I think Robinson to STL at two is about the surest thing in the draft, but I'm not even all that comfortable in that, since with a few good OL prospects, they'd surely consider swapping down.

Clowney at 1 seems like the safest slot to wager on, but the to-whom is still completely up in the air, I'd think.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason I don't think Fuller to Bengals is that he is considered a late riser flying up boards into the 1st rd and the Bengals have been pretty transparent for years that they set things way in advance and pretty much wait on the draft and stick to initial grades. CB makes sense though and his style could fit. I just don't think the Bengals are ever the team falling in love with a guy late in the process. Who knows though, they could have had him this high all along and the media is just now catching on.
Who's the last guy we fell in love with late, Akili?

-QG

Who's the last guy we fell in love with late, Akili?

-QG
Jonathan Joseph? Kevin Zeitler?

Both of those guys weren't considered 1st rounders with a week to go before draft day.

giants go WR or as nfl.com is reporting, they snag manziel at #12.smart,prudent hedge against Eli's health/age/noodle arm.

1 1 1 Houston - Clowney (Jurb, Yenrub, Metoo); Clowney to Atlanta (Bruce)

1 2 2 St. Louis from Washington - Watkins (Tanner); Robinson (Yenrub)

1 3 3 Jacksonville - Mack (Spike)

1 4 4 Cleveland - Manziel (RBM)

1 5 5 Oakland

1 6 6 Atlanta - Bortles to Houston (Bruce); Matthews (lod01)

1 7 7 Tampa Bay - Evans (Fubar, Gargolyez); Bridgewater (Xue), Carr (Quez)

1 8 8 Minnesota - Bridgewater (Borden)

1 9 9 Buffalo - Lewan (Gottabesweet)

1 10 10 Detroit

1 11 11 Tennessee

1 12 12 New York Giants - Z Martin (Dhockster)

1 13 13 St. Louis

1 14 14 Chicago - :lol: Clinton-Dix (Butkus)

1 15 15 Pittsburgh

1 16 16 Dallas - Manziel (Xue)

1 17 17 Baltimore

1 18 18 New York Jets - Beckham (Sweet Love)

1 19 19 Miami

1 20 20 Arizona - Carr (RF32904)

1 21 21 Green Bay - Gilbert (Chicago Hooligan); ASJ (Gopher State)

1 22 22 Philadelphia - Robinson (Xue)

1 23 23 Kansas City

1 24 24 Cincinnati

1 25 25 San Diego - Nix (CSTU)

1 26 26 Cleveland from Indianapolis - Bridgewater (Donnybrook)

1 27 27 New Orleans

1 28 28 Carolina - Lee (Thrifty); Latimer (Xue)

1 29 29 New England

1 30 30 San Francisco

1 31 31 Denver

1 32 32 Seattle

The more I think about it, the surer I become that Mike Evans becomes a buc.

First, he's probably BPA there.

Second, mccown needs big receivers. His only real success has come with Alshon and Marshall, both guys he could toss it up to and feel confident that they would go get it.

Third, Lovie will put his new qb in position to succeed. This has to be one of his top priorities.

Finally, Tampa doesn't have a real #2 right now.

If you had to bet the farm on one pick, what would it be?
:D

Three hits so far.

Users who are viewing this thread