What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When to pull the trigger drafting IDP studs (1 Viewer)

Uncle Humuna

Footballguy
14 team redraft

Any TD = 6

30 yrds pass = 1

15 yrds rs/rc = 1

25 yrds rt = 1

Int/Fumb. Lost = -2

Any 2 pt. = 2

FG <51 = 3

FG >50 = 4

PAT = 1

Solo = 1

Sack = 2

FF = 3

FR = 2

PD =1

Int = 3

Safety = 2

Block Kick = 3

Start

1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DB, 1 DL/LB, 2 DB/DL/LB

In previous years, we started 3 OF and only 3 IDP (any position).

This year, we decreased OF to 2, DF to 2, and added DB and a LB/DL.

In past drafts (we do 20 rounds), I've usually waited until about the 10th to grab my first IDP, and then waited till the last 5 or 6 rounds to fill out my IDP roster.

This year, since we shifted one spot from O to D, I decided to go for it earlier and get as many IDP studs as possible.

My plan had been to get my starting RBs and WRs (and TE if one of the top 3 was available), and was hoping to get Ray Ray in the 6th. He got swooped one pick before mine. Donnie Edwards was a fine consolation prize. Thought 2 IDPs in a row would start a run, but only a couple of owners bit. Bulluck fell to me in the 7th, and I was able to grab Harrison in the 9th (Reed was taken 2 picks in front of me that round).

Bottom line, I have a kick ### IDP line-up.

BUT

Did I compromise my offensive side too much?

QBs: A.Brooks, B.Griese, K.Warner

RBs: P.Holmes, A.Green, M.Anderson, T.Jones, L.Suggs

WRs: S.Smith, A.Bryant, K.McCardell

TEs: T.Gonzo, B.Watson

K: N.Rackers

DBs: R.Harrison, E.Coleman

DL/LBs: D.Edwards, K.Bulluck, J.Peterson, A.Pierce

Starting Team:

QB: Aaron Brooks

RB: Priest Holmes

WR: Steve Smith

OF1: Ahman Green

OF2: Mike Anderson/Thomas Jones/Lee Suggs

TE: Tony Gonzales

K: Neil Rackers

DB: Rodney Harrison

DL/LB: Donnie Edwards

DF1: Keith Bulluck

DF2: Julian Peterson/Antonio Pierce

Last edited by a moderator:
14 team redraft

Any TD = 6

30 yrds pass = 1

15 yrds rs/rc = 1

25 yrds rt = 1

Int/Fumb. Lost = -2

Any 2 pt. = 2

FG <51 = 3

FG >50 = 4

PAT = 1

Solo = 1

Sack = 2

FF = 3

FR = 2

PD =1

Int = 3

Safety = 2

Block Kick = 3

Start

1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DB, 1 DL/LB, 2 DB/DL/LB

In previous years, we started 3 OF and only 3 IDP (any position).

This year, we decreased OF to 2, DF to 2, and added DB and a LB/DL.

In past drafts (we do 20 rounds), I've usually waited until about the 10th to grab my first IDP, and then waited till the last 5 or 6 rounds to fill out my IDP roster.

This year, since we shifted one spot from O to D, I decided to go for it earlier and get as many IDP studs as possible.

My plan had been to get my starting RBs and WRs (and TE if one of the top 3 was available), and was hoping to get Ray Ray in the 6th. He got swooped one pick before mine. Donnie Edwards was a fine consolation prize. Thought 2 IDPs in a row would start a run, but only a couple of owners bit. Bulluck fell to me in the 7th, and I was able to grab Harrison in the 9th (Reed was taken 2 picks in front of me that round).

Bottom line, I have a kick ### IDP line-up.

BUT

Did I compromise my offensive side too much?

QBs: A.Brooks, B.Griese, K.Warner

RBs: P.Holmes, A.Green, M.Anderson, T.Jones, L.Suggs

WRs: S.Smith, A.Bryant, K.McCardell

TEs: T.Gonzo, B.Watson

K: N.Rackers

DBs: R.Harrison, E.Coleman

DL/LBs: D.Edwards, K.Bulluck, J.Peterson, A.Pierce

Starting Team:

QB: Aaron Brooks

RB: Priest Holmes

WR: Steve Smith

OF1: Ahman Green

OF2: Mike Anderson/Thomas Jones/Lee Suggs

TE: Tony Gonzales

K: Neil Rackers

DB: Rodney Harrison

DL/LB: Donnie Edwards

DF1: Keith Bulluck

DF2: Julian Peterson/Antonio Pierce
You are very weak at WR. But WRs are worth squat in this league! You can start 3 RBs and 1 WR! And the scoring system is not particularly WR friendly. I say in a 14-team league this is a kick-### lineup. I would much rather have R Harrison, D Edwards, K Bulluck and bad WR backups rather than a D Bennett/D Driver/C Chambers for WR backup (or a better starter) but ok defensive players. Now you have the top DB and 2 of the top 3 LBs. Awesome. Starters are what counts. I prefer starter potential rather than great backups at RB and WR.

If your rules stipulated more defensive starters, I'd probably want to strengthen the O side first. D sleepers are always available throughout the year. Given your rules, though, I think you did just fine.

Your D :eek: The rest of your team is good but your D will push you over the top in some games. Holmes and Green are nice as well, with LJ stashed behind Holmes your set dude!

Users who are viewing this thread