What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When your draft is "too good" ... (Y! $ league, 12-team, 2QB, w/ IDP) (1 Viewer)

cjv123

Footballguy
So I play in one Y! 12-team 2QB cash league with 7 starters on Offense and 7 IDP ( + K + DEF). During the draft, the other guys went to IDP fairly early, at least by my taste, as I feel offensive players are much scarcer than IDP, at least once the top 10 or so LBs are off the board. I felt I could easily put a defense together after the draft, and I am generally pleased with the IDPs available as FAs.

BUT

Since I drafted to my tastes, I don't have anyone left I am comfortable cutting until after Week 1, meaning my defensive roster would have 2 holes in it ( + no K ) meaning I would likely lose my Week 1 match. It is kind of absurd, really- to have so many good players it is a curse. The league is 1.0 PPR, and defensive stats are roughly doubled from Y! standard values, meaning top IDPs can score highly.

Here are the players I have on my offense's roster as backups (I already consciously lost Foles to picking up one IDP):

Alex Smith

Marquis Goodwin

Julian Edelman

Kelvin Benjamin

Matt Breida

Alfred Morris

Bilal Powell

Corey Clement

James Conner

Austin Ekeler

Latavius Murray

It's a Cash league, with guys I've never met, and I play for cash, not for finishing at 60%. 

Has anyone else ever been in this situation, thinking your team is so strong you might need to tank Week 1?

Specifically at RB, I am not convinced on the season-long health of Ajayi or Cook, I believe B Powell will dominate RB scoring for NYJ and I love Ekeler outright. And, I *really* want to see what SF does before I make a cut there. Regarding WR, Peterman seems to target Benjamin every pass.

FA IDPs: M Garrett, J Hicks, D. Slay, B. Chubb, E. Weddle (need 2 generic "D"s to complete roster).

PS The suspended IDPs (Foster, Bradham, Burfict) are also FAs, meaning I can "invest" in them after Week 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Bell reports Conner is an easy drop, if not then Murray and Ekeler-don't fall in love with players who have a really good player in their way.

Users who are viewing this thread