What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where are some of the IDP articles? (1 Viewer)

Akira

Footballguy
Specifically the IDP Sleepers and IDP Buy Low/Sell High articles? This is the second week in a row they're missing.

They are missing more often than not. It's a shame to expect mediocrity. It wouldnt be as bad if they didnt advertise their existence when they aren't going to be published.

David Larkin's IDP matchup article has been a mess this year (and apparently to no fault of his). Whoever on the website end is in charge of updating the tables for it has done a horse #### job.

The first 3 weeks the tables weren't even in the column (they are the reason the column exists). And since then, they've failed to include the color coding more often than not.

Poor attention to detail on FBG's part. Not sure if they are spreading themselves too thin with other ventures, it's poor quality control, or otherwise... but I've become accustomed to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've nothing to add here but a *bump*. I support everything here. We could use a Defensive Tier Update as well. I think it's been 5 weeks or so? I don't blame the people writing the articles as much as I blame FBG as a company. I'm sure the people do as much as they can (or are asked to do).

Offensive Tiers are updated weekly in Subscriber Content. I don't think it's too much to ask for Defensive updates more than once every 5 weeks.

ETA - Ok, I guess I actually did have something to add. :P

I've nothing to add here but a *bump*. I support everything here. We could use a Defensive Tier Update as well. I think it's been 5 weeks or so? I don't blame the people writing the articles as much as I blame FBG as a company. I'm sure the people do as much as they can (or are asked to do).

Offensive Tiers are updated weekly in Subscriber Content. I don't think it's too much to ask for Defensive updates more than once every 5 weeks.

I'm struggling to keep up unfortunately. More going on with my non-FBG duties than I expected and the new RTD format is taking much longer to research and write. I'll do my very best to update the tiers soon but I absolutely abhor putting something out that I haven't given full attention.

I'm struggling to keep up unfortunately. More going on with my non-FBG duties than I expected and the new RTD format is taking much longer to research and write. I'll do my very best to update the tiers soon but I absolutely abhor putting something out that I haven't given full attention.
Fair enough.

And thanks for the reply. Have you got kids? Put them to work on film study!! :)

On a semi-side note, after reading the IDP General Admission article today, I'm a bit baffled as to what the point of it is. It's kind of a brief, general dynasty take on 4 of 5 players that are probably of marginal interest or relevance to IDP players who are thinking about lineups or IDP options for Week 11. I'm just not sure who would find it useful.

On a semi-side note, after reading the IDP General Admission article today, I'm a bit baffled as to what the point of it is. It's kind of a brief, general dynasty take on 4 of 5 players that are probably of marginal interest or relevance to IDP players who are thinking about lineups or IDP options for Week 11. I'm just not sure who would find it useful.
I agree. Mixed with the fact that the 'IDP Buy Low / Sell High' and 'IDP Sleepers' articles are hit or miss each week, I have been unimpressed with the IDP content. As I've stated earlier in this thread, it wouldn't be as bad if they weren't advertised each week and then removed without being published. That's like waking up Christmas morning and having to watch your Mom get rid of a couple of your presents.

To be honest, I don't care too much about the other articles. As long as RTD, EOTG and Norton's rankings are there, the rest is gravy. The IDP waiver/Upgrade article is also ok, if a little bit obvious and light on actual analysis (it tends to just list all the major scoring performances of the week as "upgrades" whether or not they are likely anomalies, and guys giving you a goose egg or one tackle in a given weeks as "downgrades").

To be honest, I don't care too much about the other articles. As long as RTD, EOTG and Norton's rankings are there, the rest is gravy. The IDP waiver/Upgrade article is also ok, if a little bit obvious and light on actual analysis (it tends to just list all the major scoring performances of the week as "upgrades" whether or not they are likely anomalies, and guys giving you a goose egg or one tackle in a given weeks as "downgrades").
IMHO, I couldn't disagree more. You pay for a product with reasonable expectation on delivery, and when there are articles that go missing and/or a lack of updates regarding IDP players, that's just short changing you subscribers.

IMHO, I couldn't disagree more. You pay for a product with reasonable expectation on delivery, and when there are articles that go missing and/or a lack of updates regarding IDP players, that's just short changing you subscribers.
I agree- however, I would simply make due with RTD, EOTG, and Norton's rankings if that's all that's advertised. I don't think I've ever seen a business situation end well in which something is advertised then goes missing.

where are the forward projections for defense that we normally see as part of the top 200 and in lineup dominator?

Thanks

I always find the articles on players to stash for next season incredibly useful. I'm sorry they didn't happen this season.

Users who are viewing this thread