What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which to bench/taxi? (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
I’m looking at my last taxi spot and my last spot on the roster which can more easily add/drop if necessary and unsure which of two or three players to put where.

Options:
* Jake Hansen (LB, HOU) - Texans elected to keep him over Pierre-Louis. Looks like he might be starting SLB but is anywhere from there to 3rd string MLB. Notable he played for Lovie in college so he earned trust back to then and knows his system from college days

* Malcolm Rodriguez (LB, DET) - Saw him on Hard Knocks and he’s looking to push for starting role early. Grabbed him after watching him in college despite his draft stock so not surprised to see him already pushing for playing time

* Micah McFadden (LB, NYG) - Quite possible elevated to starter after the somewhat surprising release of Blake Martinez. Solid preseason looks to have earned him time early

Which two of the three above would you taxi and which one is on the bench?

What are the ramifications of placing a guy on TS as opposed to being on your bench? Basically what is the advantage to having a guy on the TS vs just on your bench?

Rodriguez has the most long term potential IMO so I'd probably taxi him. McFadden will likely get a shot at a starting slot so you'll know quickly if there's something there. if not can bail.

What are the ramifications of placing a guy on TS as opposed to being on your bench? Basically what is the advantage to having a guy on the TS vs just on your bench?
Mostly taxi just means no roster spot. Usually my reaches or year 2+ guys go there as long shots. You can place a rookie there and keep him there for two years if you want to hold his spot.

Natural fear is these are clearly the IDP on the end of my bench so it’s best to keep the “show early” guy on the bench so I can bail if my reach doesn’t pan out and either promote one of the others to bench or grab a WW/FA.

Mostly taxi just means no roster spot. Usually my reaches or year 2+ guys go there as long shots. You can place a rookie there and keep him there for two years if you want to hold his spot.

Natural fear is these are clearly the IDP on the end of my bench so it’s best to keep the “show early” guy on the bench so I can bail if my reach doesn’t pan out and either promote one of the others to bench or grab a WW/FA.
I would put the higher potential guys on Taxi then to let them develop. That means Rodrigo and McFadden for me.

Users who are viewing this thread