What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are your picks for dominating, havoc creating Defenses? (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
Streaming gets expensive with our FAAB budget. Defenses score big in our system. Good and bad. Yards against matter big time so don’t want bend don’t break units. Pressure, sacks, picks, good game scripts most of the time. I read an article on havoc creating defenses awhile ago but can’t find it. I know Buffalo, Miami, Rams, Tampa Bay and Green Bay were in there. Agree? Others you like?

Would really help to know the full scoring format. For example, last year the Bills were 7th in FBGs scoring format, but they were 1st in both yards given up and points given up. It sounds like they would've finished tops in your league?

I would start by looking for what you consider to be the worst division(s) in the NFL.

Unfortunately, I am not sure which ones they are. AFC South is a contender. So Indy & Tennessee should be on the radar. Then again I think both Jax & Hou have improved this off-season. Also Shaq (nee Darius) Leonard isn't 100% & Tennessee lost Harold Landry for the year.

I also think looking for teams play QBs who are likely to give up points to defenses, or just bad teams in general. Chicago & Atlanta appear to be two serious contenders for the top pick. Seattle QBs are tempting, Trey Lance maybe, Jameis has a history. @TheWinz is a great resource for this knowledge. He knows things.

Two under the radar defenses that jump out a little to me are Arizona & Philadelphia.

Arizona has four matchups against Lance & QB Seahawks plus games against Jameis & the Falcons.

Phili's schedule seems very tempting on paper too. The Commadores and the Giants don't appear to be very good teams ATM. Plus they get the NFC North with Chicago and Detroit. AND they get the Steelers, who you can never count out but have a bottom 5 O-line and a highly dubious QB room. Plus Houston & Jacksonville. The Eagles look like they could win 10 games by accident.

But defenses are so highly speculative. So, good luck.

I currently have Denver and Dallas but GB is sitting on our WW. No idea which defenses will be worth it this year. Seems more jumbled than ever.

Streaming gets expensive with our FAAB budget. Defenses score big in our system. Good and bad. Yards against matter big time so don’t want bend don’t break units. Pressure, sacks, picks, good game scripts most of the time. I read an article on havoc creating defenses awhile ago but can’t find it. I know Buffalo, Miami, Rams, Tampa Bay and Green Bay were in there. Agree? Others you like?

What’s the scoring format?

Our setup:

Points Allowed: standard format, 10 points for shutouts, 7 points for 1-6, 4 points for 7-13….etc, worst is -4 for 35+

Yards Allowed: pretty neutral tbh. 10 points negative YA, 7 points 0-99, 4 points 100-199, 1 point 200-299, 0 300-399, -1 400-499, -4 500+

All turnovers are +2, Sacks +1

Tackle for Loss +0.25, 3 and outs +0.50, 4th down stops +1

Blocked kicks, returned XP & Safety +2

All return TDs +6

Highest scoring DT last year was BUF 241.0, DT12 was DEN 176.50

Users who are viewing this thread