What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who deserves the title #1 LB ? (1 Viewer)

Skeet Skeet

Footballguy
Ray Lewis or Keith Bulluck?

Ray Lewis: Switching over to the 46, will his DL be able to contain opposing o-linemen, so Ray can make tackles? Will he get an INT this year? Will this be the year his age catches up with him or will he show signs of his old self?

Keith Bulluck: He has averaged 101 solo tackles per game the last three seasons, but can he significantly increase his numbers this year or has he already peaked?

Discuss...

Last edited by a moderator:
Donnie Edwards anyone???? He was number 1 last year in my IDP scoring system. Nothing has really changed this year to warrant anything different.

Donnie Edwards anyone???? He was number 1 last year in my IDP scoring system. Nothing has really changed this year to warrant anything different.
:goodposting: I already have Ray Lewis in an IDP league and am now trying to trade for Edwards. I'm afraid, though, that in both cases age may finally catch up. :unsure:

It's hard to pick just one.... like getting married. Lewis should benefit greatly with the 46 defense, Bullock will be on the field a lot. Edwards can't be ignored. Nor can Barnet, who on a really bad GB D could really surprise. He's going at 18 in some drafts, and is very under rated. Both Hartwell and Vilma could crack the top five. Tough call. I'll go Lewis, Bullock, Edwards, Vilma, and Hartwell.

Lewis, Bulluck and Edwards...you can't go wrong with any of the three. Bulluck gets the dynasty nod for obvious reasons, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Lewis and Edwards perform at this level for another 2-3 years.

Keith Bulluck would be my 1st choice. Youth is on his side and he just keeps improving his game. The Titans defense looks to be on the field a LOT in 2005.

Note: Like cracKer stated, I wouldn't be upset ending up with Ray Lewis or Donnie Edward either.

:banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to pick just one.... like getting married. Lewis should benefit greatly with the 46 defense, Bullock will be on the field a lot. Edwards can't be ignored. Nor can Barnet, who on a really bad GB D could really surprise. He's going at 18 in some drafts, and is very under rated. Both Hartwell and Vilma could crack the top five. Tough call. I'll go Lewis, Bullock, Edwards, Vilma, and Hartwell.
I'm not quite sold on Hartwell, but he could be a top 10. The other 4 are my top 4. I'd also include Greenwood as a possible top 5. IIRC he's playing Sharper's old position and can do it well, Sharper has been a top 5 due to the system.

Ray Lewis or Keith Bulluck?

Ray Lewis: Switching over to the 46, will his DL be able to contain opposing o-linemen, so Ray can make tackles? Will he get an INT this year? Will this be the year his age catches up with him or will he show signs of his old self?

Keith Bulluck: He has averaged 101 solo tackles per game the last three seasons, but can he significantly increase his numbers this year or has he already peaked?

Discuss...
The answer is Ray Lewis. Sure, the gap between him and Bulluck/Edwards has narrowed somewhat, but this debate reminds me of 2003 when people were debating whether Heap and Shockey had surpassed Gonzo for #1 TE. Like Gonzo, Ray-Ray is still #1 until someone shows they can beat him 2 years in a row.

Users who are viewing this thread