What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is your Fantasy KryptoNite? (1 Viewer)

Black

Footballguy
Who are the players you draft every year and who make you feel stupid for doing it?

Mine was DeAngelo Williams. Drafted him in mid rounds for like 3 years. Did the same this year....think it's a happy ending??? If it was, the thread title would be much different. I outright DROPPED him in one league after 4 weeks and traded him in another for Cutler as he began his 'historic' run the last month or so.

I hate DeAngelo.

Who are the players you draft every year and who make you feel stupid for doing it?Mine was DeAngelo Williams. Drafted him in mid rounds for like 3 years. Did the same this year....think it's a happy ending??? If it was, the thread title would be much different. I outright DROPPED him in one league after 4 weeks and traded him in another for Cutler as he began his 'historic' run the last month or so.I hate DeAngelo.
Sounds like you did quit him

I can't quit LJ, not that I take him (ever) in redraft but he is firmly entrenched on my dynasty roster. Didn't want to trade him away 2 years ago and now I can't give him away in a trade. So now of course all I can do is hope he does much better next year. I will not drop him, I just can't quit him!

One player I CAN quit is Russell. He's been on my dynasty bench since drafting him and I just have to quit him this year. I bought into the hype. :mellow:

Tatum, er ah ... Bell?

Remember seeing him run 50+ yds outside for a td 4 years ago and always thought he would be a stud as Denvers RB. Had him with the tatum/mike bell mess. Thought he would do it again on the turf in Det. Then picked him up over Hillis this year when I heard he was back.

Boo

Torry Holt. Haven't drafted him for 3-4 years, but every year I end up making a trade for him becasue the deal is "just too good to pass up." This year I ended up dealing hiim again though, so I may be getting over it.

LT always especially blew up on my team for years. I finally got the chance to draft him this year, and now he SUCKS. Yup, thats right he SUCKS. Not even one of the top 10 RBs this year. . .

Black said:
Who are the players you draft every year and who make you feel stupid for doing it?Mine was DeAngelo Williams. Drafted him in mid rounds for like 3 years. Did the same this year....think it's a happy ending??? If it was, the thread title would be much different. I outright DROPPED him in one league after 4 weeks and traded him in another for Cutler as he began his 'historic' run the last month or so.I hate DeAngelo.
So you were the problem. Thanks for giving up on him so he could thrive. :thumbup:

Dynasty WR: D.J. Hacket, thought he had all the skills - but I think now that he's officially a bust, I can maybe let him go.....

Donovan McNabb, 04-06 and again this year.

Honorable mention for Reggie Wayne, every year since 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've drafted TO the past three years. Finally got him off my roster in the middle of this season via trade. He always seemed to fall in our drafts so I had to draft him. I just didn't like dealing with the potential blow up each week if his QB didn't throw him the ball more.

Todd Heap is the other. Injury-prone but was supposed to be a good value pick this year so I scooped him up late. Hasn't performed even though Flacco is playing decent. Ironically, the guy stays healthy for the entire season but still finds a way to disappoint again.

I had Marcus Dupree for four years -- the two that he actually played a few snaps and the next two "just in case". Garrison Hearst was "that guy" for me for a bit, but then he turned things around and I still love him. Peter Warrick, Desmond Howard and Koren Robinson have burned me multiple times.

iSnitch said:
I couldn't quit Kevan Barlow. Thank god he's no longer on a roster.
I can't believe how many fantasy experts fell for the Kevan Barlow scam. Ranked #8-#10 in pre-draft rankings in 2004 and went in the 1st to 2nd round in most local and expert drafts that year. I'm no Kreskin, but this guy just screamed "massive failure" as a lead NFL back on an awful team and few saw it coming.My kryptonite? Daunte Culpepper. After the 2004 season, I couldn't help but give him chance after chance. He failed me in 2005 and then ended up in Miami in 2006. I passed up some great players to take a flier on him because I thought he'd recover nicely from his injury and be in a good situation. I picked him up off waivers in '07 when he signed with Oakland and enjoyed his nice 5 TD performance vs. Miami but then hit a losing streak as he never came close to replicatingperformance. When he got signed by Detroit halfway through this season, I was actually P.O'd that someone beat me for him on waivers even though I had Drew Brees!!!

This syndrome is like the pathetic girl who keeps banging the guy who only calls her at 2:30 a.m. when the bars let out. When he ignores her after that, she talks crap about him to all of his and her friends, but then is right there with door wide open (among other things) for the next opportunity at a "2:30 dirty" call.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably Tony Scheffler... I've drafted him the last two years, relatively late, expecting him to break out and be top 5. I don't spend a high draft pick on him, but I'm so confident in him that I don't draft any other TE's. Guy has all the skills and is in a great situation, but can't stay healthy for a full 16 games, and when he is healthy, is too inconsistent to start with any sort of confidence... but I start him anyway.

I'll no doubt draft him again next season... He has to break out at some point, right?

I only play redraft leagues, and I have owned Braylon Edwards every year he has been in the league.

Awesome value pick last year, he was a key component (along with Warner) on a SB team.

This year...and 2006...and his rookie year...meh.

Users who are viewing this thread