What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who to drop (Mike Evans) ? (1 Viewer)

fantasybears

Footballguy
12 team 0.5 ppr auction $200 cap dynasty league (salaries go up each year), start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D. We can have up to 18 players rostered.

The draft includes all rookies and any players dropped before the draft.

My team:
QB: Mahomes ($18), Cousins ($7)
RB: Javonte Williams ($29), Chubb ($23), Melvin Gordon ($11), Ronald Jones ($4)
WR: Evans ($43), M. Thomas ($15), Waddle ($11), Tee Higgins ($10), Sutton ($10), Pittman Jr. ($8)
TE: Andrews ($10), Fant ($7), Smith Jr. ($3)
K: Matt G. ($3)

Short Question: Who would you drop before draft?

Explanation: I need to drop players before the deadline (2 days away) to get under the salary cap and to have some cap for the draft. I'm thinking dropping Cousins, Jones, and Fant make sense, not sure about Evans as he is my best WR based on ranking and points, but he costs a lot and I could probably get him back if needed cheaper in the auction draft.

Extra Question: Who would you target in the draft (or what position)?

If Evans will be cheaper in the auction then I would drop him in addition to the players you already stated. I would probably also drop the kicker and go after a $1 kicker.

If Evans will be cheaper in the auction then I would drop him in addition to the players you already stated. I would probably also drop the kicker and go after a $1 kicker.
Thanks Gally. Would you target Evans in the draft or go after some rookies? I'm thinking Evans might be available in the $25 to $35 range.

I am not a huge Evans guy but without knowing what the other options available would be it's tough to say who I would target.

I am letting go of Evans as i think his price tag is pretty high, However depending on who else will be in FA, he might become more expensive

I am also letting go of Fant and Ronald Jones. I dont think Jones is going to play a factor int hat backfield, not for fantasy purposes anyways. As Gally said id let go of Gay and grab a $1 kicker. no need to ever pay more for a kicker.

As far as your question with Evans i think i'd go after evans if you can get him at the prices that you listed. I think thhis is a very nice batch of rookie WR, so i think being able to snag one or two would be great if you can get them at good prices. With your draft a little bit early, i think you can possibly snag a guy like Pickens before his name really starts to pop (it's already moving up a bit), and getting a guy like Williams from Detroit, although injured currently, would be a nice grab too. If you miss out on Evans i think targetting guys like London or Olave would be good targets.

Users who are viewing this thread