What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who would you draft? - Dynasty 1.04 (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
So, to be fair, it is a Devy Dynasty up front but you don't need to play devy to help, I promise.

Rules : PPR, TE Premium, 6 points for all TDs, IDP, & Devy

Offense Start : 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 WRT, 1 QWRT
Defense Start: 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 5 IDP

Current Active Roster:

QB : Aaron Rodgers, Deshaun Watson, Tyler Huntley
RB : Christian McCaffrey, James Conner, Cam Akers, Mark Ingram, Tony Jones, Philip Lindsay, D'Ernest Johnson, Breece Hall
WR : Calvin Ridley 🤦‍♂️ , Chase Claypool, Jerry Jeudy, Robert Woods, Corey Davis, Randall Cobb, Antonio Brown, Isaiah McKenzie
TE : Kyle Pitts, Pat Freiermuth, Robert Tonyan, Donald Parham
DL : Haason Reddick, Harold Landry, Za'Darius Smith, Romeo Okwara, Zach Allen
LB : Bobby Wagner, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, David Long, Kyzir White, Demario Davis, Nicholas Morrow, Azeez Al-Shaair, Davion Taylor
DB : Kam Curl, Logan Ryan, Kenny Moore, Donovan Wilson, Amani Oruwariye
Taxi : Ian Book (QB), Demetric Felton (RB), Noah Gray (TE), Asante Samuel (DB), Ben Skowronek (WR)

Devy Roster:

QB : Jayden Daniels (LSU), DJ Uiagalelei (Clemson), Tyler Buchner (Notre Dame), Cade Klubnik (Clemson)
RB : Donovan Edwards (Michigan), Gavin Sawchuk (Oklahoma)
WR : Emeka Egbuka (Ohio State), Caleb Burton (Ohio State), Luther Burden (Missouri)
TE : Thomas Fidone (Nebraska)
DL : Isaiah Foskey (Notre Dame), Xavier Thomas (Clemson)

Brings us to the 1.04....

Here's a list of high level options for me to consider. I also own the 1.13 pick for where I finished. I want to be appropriately aggressive for 1.04:

QB : Kenny Pickett
RB : Kenneth Walker, James Cook
WR : Jameson Williams, George Pickens, Justyn Ross, Christian Watson, Skyy Moore
TE : Brock Bowers (incoming Sophomore at George but was stud freshman)

What would you do? I feel like I need QB depth with my Devy's not looking so hot last year, but Pickett seems like he might not be worth the 4th and only if he falls to the 13th (unlikely). I have a lot of receivers currently, but Jameson Williams would be awesome though I have a sense he and Walker will be first off the board. I think my realistic options will be Pickens, Pickett, and Bowers. Do I grab the Devy TE and just take ownership of that position for young TEs in a TE premium league or do I roll the dice with Pickett or Pickens as most likely options?

I would put them in this order:

1.  Williams

2. Walker

3.  Pickens

4. Pickett/Bowers (I know nothing about Bowers)

I would put them in this order:

1.  Williams

2. Walker

3.  Pickens

4. Pickett/Bowers (I know nothing about Bowers)
Thanks. The nuance with Devys is they take up a bench spot and when you think you made a bad choice, you bail and can always redraft later. I grabbed too many freshmen before so I might need to cut my losses in some cases. 

Bowers was a stud last year and is clear cut best Devy TE not named Michael Mayer (already owned). The choice for me is whether I should grab someone who can/should help right now or near future or whether I’m ok for now and should grab Bowers, who has a clear chance to be the top TE in the 2024 draft?

Edit : Should have added we are mostly superflex as well so Rodgers’ retirement on the horizon means I need a QB somewhat soon. I’m also pushing hard to acquire Drake London now. I need a QB and WR soon I think so if I get London it softens the blow of likely missing on Williams. Mostly makes me feel I need to decide if Pickett will ever be anything. If not, Bowers is probably the smart pick over Pickens, but could be wrong. Devy makes for interesting trades based on hope. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread