What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why no DFS Only Package? Forced to purchase Redraft... (1 Viewer)

bushead11

Footballguy
I've been a member here for roughly 10 years. Not sure why the auto-renew doesn't automatically cover the early bird pricing and also don't understand why I now have to pay for redraft leagues when both the ones I was in decided to change to DFS? Anyone else struggle with the new pricing structure and being forced to pay $100 this year for something that was $50 last year???

A lot has changed here price-wise in recent years. I've been a member since 2005 and remember when there used to be great "loyalty" deals where I would sign up for 3-years at a time for a great discounted price. Haven't seen any discounts for loyal, longtime members in quite a while. The current "packages" were a long way from those days.....especially in cases like yours where you are forced to buy things you don't even use. *grumpy old man rant over*

Hey @bushead11 this is the same pricing model as last season which is when we moved to the tiered pricing model. I won't get into all of the technical reasons why we can't easily split the DFS product into a standalone product, but it's unfortunately not realistic.

One suggestion, if you're a DFS player, a monthly Hall of Fame package is probably the way to go. Realistically, it's $20 billed monthly, and you can quit at any time.

I believe in our DFS product needing to toe the line of quality and a value. The reality is that pretty much every other site is several hundred dollars for the DFS season, as a ton of work and needing to have quality people is critically important.

Hey @bushead11 this is the same pricing model as last season which is when we moved to the tiered pricing model. I won't get into all of the technical reasons why we can't easily split the DFS product into a standalone product, but it's unfortunately not realistic.

One suggestion, if you're a DFS player, a monthly Hall of Fame package is probably the way to go. Realistically, it's $20 billed monthly, and you can quit at any time.

I believe in our DFS product needing to toe the line of quality and a value. The reality is that pretty much every other site is several hundred dollars for the DFS season, as a ton of work and needing to have quality people is critically important.
Hi Devin. Do you offer a money back guarantee on the HoF package? Also how long until your college algorithms will enough stats to be "accurate"?

The fact is that no one is producing content that will beat 18-19% juice. IMO FBG should pivot from selling snake oil to providing enjoyable reading content and price accordingly. Maybe things have changed, but the last time I used the FBG dfs product, tardy projectors were making the lineup generator unusable.

Really you should be moving the resources analyzing player performance to team performance and focus on the 5% juice gaming market. I think you have the talent here to do that.

Hi Devin. Do you offer a money back guarantee on the HoF package? Also how long until your college algorithms will enough stats to be "accurate"?

The fact is that no one is producing content that will beat 18-19% juice. IMO FBG should pivot from selling snake oil to providing enjoyable reading content and price accordingly. Maybe things have changed, but the last time I used the FBG dfs product, tardy projectors were making the lineup generator unusable.

Really you should be moving the resources analyzing player performance to team performance and focus on the 5% juice gaming market. I think you have the talent here to do that.
@Devin Knotts Can you take a swing at these questions?

Users who are viewing this thread