What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why should Joe Biden be re-elected (without mentioning Trump)? (1 Viewer)

knowledge dropper

Footballguy
I have seen posters say they would proudly vote for Biden in 2024.  His approval ratings are historically low in the real world, so here is your chance. What has Joe Biden done to earn a second term?

Don't see how anyone can answer this without invoking the "T" word since it's the logical comparison which put Biden in the WH.

Last edited by a moderator:
depends who he is running against.  

As long as Republicans don't trot out their last candidate, it's as good a time as any to vote 3rd party.

all I can do is reverse the situation .... like if a Republican President was in office and was failing in almost every way, why would I want him re-elected? 

I wouldn't, I can't imagine any liberal/left/democrat wanting Biden in 2024, like ..... 0% 

He’s handled Ukraine well.  Regardless, I don’t think he should even be the nominee.

What has he done well with the Ukraine?  He did nothing to prevent the invasion.  His sanctions are hurting us more than Russia.  Ukraine cities are being turned to rubble.  Their citizens have either been displaced or killed.  If that is what he's going to hang his hat on then this is easily the worst President in US history by a mile.

He shouldn't be, of course.  Biden is way too old to be president right now, and definitely has no business still being employed in 2026.  It's well past time for him to retire.

2016 and 2020 showed that both parties have serious problems selecting presidential nominees.  I'll probably start sitting these out if things don't improve.

Assuming the Republicans do well in the mid-terms then I want a Democrat in the oval office to keep at least some kind of balance.    

What has he done well with the Ukraine?  He did nothing to prevent the invasion.  His sanctions are hurting us more than Russia.  Ukraine cities are being turned to rubble.  Their citizens have either been displaced or killed.  If that is what he's going to hang his hat on then this is easily the worst President in US history by a mile.
I was wondering when someone would jump on the Ukraine handling.  

Agreed…I would also add in the huge amount of $ we have spent there…outside of Russia not invading anyone else I just don’t see what he has done that would make this a plus.

Did you feel the same way when the dems took the Presidency and both houses?
Yes.   Having either party in control of congress, senate, white house is usually not a good thing for the country, regardless of which is in power.   Throw in the Supreme Court and you would have one party in control of all three branches of the government.   Not good IMO.

Yes.   Having either party in control of congress, senate, white house is usually not a good thing for the country, regardless of which is in power.   Throw in the Supreme Court and you would have one party in control of all three branches of the government.   Not good IMO.

Agree and like you said, I would want to balance the SC some too.  The 3 oldest were all appointed by Bush so in the next 6 years it's possible to have 1 or 2 appointments.  

Its Biden's tallest midget

Would love to hear what you would do instead

FairWarning said:
It’s an interesting angle - who is most likely to step down?

The answer to this is two of the problems currently with the court.   Roberts, Thomas and Alito are the 3 oldest.  

1. it's become political - when is the last time a SC justice willing stepped down when the President didn't share the same idealogy

2. Lifetime appointments need to be stopped.  18 year cycle at most for any justice although exceptions could be made for early retirement.  Give each presidential term 2 appointments.

Max Power said:
Its Biden's tallest midget
This is probably a better way of saying what I meant.  It’s the best Biden can speak to.   Haven’t seen anything else that has been even borderline competent.

The answer to this is two of the problems currently with the court.   Roberts, Thomas and Alito are the 3 oldest.  

1. it's become political - when is the last time a SC justice willing stepped down when the President didn't share the same idealogy

2. Lifetime appointments need to be stopped.  18 year cycle at most for any justice although exceptions could be made for early retirement.  Give each presidential term 2 appointments.

Made a mistake - Sotomayer is a little older than Roberts.

Which GOP candidate would you vote for?  
Id answer similar to him...though, I would not vote for Biden again (partially because the state I live in...it won't matter...but mainly because he should not come close to being the nominee again)

GOP...hard to see with the frontrunning odds on favorites:

Trump...haha...obvious no.  Desantis...not a fan either, very Trump like policy wise...smart and savvy.  But not some centrist at all (this is a recurring theme here with these candidates that seem to be the odds on favorites at the moment).  Pompeo...guy who was all out on Trump before becoming his biggest supporter...a guy who pushed to get us out of the Iran deal, supported the call Trump made to Ukraine and quite a few other of Trump's initiatives.  Nope.  Tim Scott...opposes gay marriage, voted against the bipartisan commission that the GOP rejected over January 6th, his opinions on new immigrants must learn english...

Nikki Haley is close to the only one of those in the top that I would possibly vote for depending on who a Democratic candidate or 3rd party were.  Im not a fan of all of her policies at all...but she seems more apt to deal with things than others without pushing too far right.

The wrench in all of this...as has been mentioned...is the Supreme Court.  Already shifted to 6-3...with a chance to push that majority further into the future if older candidates step down and younger replace them...its pretty hard to support today's version of the GOP.

I still like Joe but I’m very concerned that his popularity has shrunk way too low. So I would prefer another candidate at this point. 
But if it’s Joe I will absolutely vote for him for multiple reasons. Here are two of the most important: 

1. Climate change. The Republican Party refuses to do anything about it. In fact, they are currently insisting on less controls on the oil industry.

2. in order to codify a woman’s right to an abortion, we need a Democratic senate with two additions, a Democratic House, and a Democratic President. So that is the goal. 

Which GOP candidate would you vote for?  
Jumping in here - I think there’s a handful of candidates the GOP could run* (theoretically) that I wouldn’t mind voting for but I said earlier that if I had to come up with a reason to vote for Biden it would be to balance the SC - in that scenario it kind of doesn’t matter who the GOP runs but I still don’t want Biden anywhere near the WH in 2024.

*Kasich, Kinzinger, Klobauchar (triple Ks!). :oldunsure:

Jumping in here - I think there’s a handful of candidates the GOP could run* (theoretically) that I wouldn’t mind voting for but I said earlier that if I had to come up with a reason to vote for Biden it would be to balance the SC - in that scenario it kind of doesn’t matter who the GOP runs but I still don’t want Biden anywhere near the WH in 2024.

*Kasich, Kinzinger, Klobauchar (triple Ks!). :oldunsure:
By all accounts Larry Hogan would be a good Republican to vote for. But a Dem has to nominate the next Justice. It can't get to 7-2 conservative.

I really hope voting moderates realize this.

By all accounts Larry Hogan would be a good Republican to vote for. But a Dem has to nominate the next Justice. It can't get to 7-2 conservative.

I really hope voting moderates realize this.

The way the Senate Judiciary Committee is voting now, a Democratic President with a Republican Senate would see a stalemate in the nomination process.  Merrick Garland situations would be commonplace.  

knowledge dropper said:
I have seen posters say they would proudly vote for Biden in 2024.  His approval ratings are historically low in the real world, so here is your chance. What has Joe Biden done to earn a second term?
If you're thinking like a progressive leftist, he's advanced the government climate change initiative to end fossil fuels. He's advanced trans superiority and encouraging it throughout the government agencies and military. He's rooted out a lot of the dissidents who don't follow orders in the aforementioned agencies with jab mandates. He's reupped on a globalist agenda to make us a one world government. And he's allowed millions of people to come to America through the southern border. 

He's done an incredible job for leftists. 

If you're thinking like a progressive leftist, he's advanced the government climate change initiative to end fossil fuels. He's advanced trans superiority and encouraging it throughout the government agencies and military. He's rooted out a lot of the dissidents who don't follow orders in the aforementioned agencies with jab mandates. He's reupped on a globalist agenda to make us a one world government. And he's allowed millions of people to come to America through the southern border. 

Interesting you see it as "superiority" and not "equality". As the saying goes, “when you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression”.

Interesting you see it as "superiority" and not "equality". As the saying goes, “when you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression”.
What do you call it when trans people can do basically whatever they want? You want to compete against girls? Go right ahead. You want to change the definition of a women to the mere some of her reproductive parts? By all means. We will change the world for you. 

It's not equality. It's superiority. Leftists know this and love it. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I am a progressive, and basically none of this is true. He hasn't done much to take the government beyond where it was in 2016 on climate change. I have no idea what "trans superiority" even means, let alone what Biden has done to advance it. "Jab mandates" don't root out dissidents, they protect coworkers, many private businesses have them and I would argue that the federal government has a greater responsibility to protect the health of its employees than the private sector.  And he's changed basically nothing on the border. Not even gonna bother with the anti-Semitic "globalist agenda" nonsense. 

He's been a very disappointing president IMO. I hope he steps aside unless polling indicates that he has the best chance to hold off Trump in 2024. But if not, I will absolutely vote for him again, and donate to his campaign. Trumpism is the most significant domestic threat America has faced since the Civil War.

What do you call it when trans people can do basically whatever they want? You want to compete against girls? Go right ahead. You want to change the definition of a women to the mere some of her reproductive parts? By all means. We will change the world for you. 

Please, don't pretend to know how others feel. Be above that.

Joe Biden is in charge of the eligibility rules for sports federations now?

Users who are viewing this thread