What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Win a Case of Stat Books For Your League (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Dodds

Administrator
Contest #3Tell us why your fantasy league is the best out there.Links to your slick website, pics of your cool trophy, pictures of the 12 TV setup, hot looking girls to influence the judging are all legal. The 5 best entries will receive a case of books (to pass out to their leaguemates.....or not)Imagine coming to your draft and instead of bringing a can of beer nuts, you walk in and give each owner their own stats book as you wish them good luck.Contest deadline is Monday, August 23rd at Midnight PT.Let er rip.....

My league, the BFL rocks.

Here is a link to my new website. BFL website

First off, if you scroll to the bottom of the site and click on "BFL Champions", you will see the wicked cool trophy that we have. In the midde is a plaque that contains engravings of each year's champion. At our superbowl party, the league winner is presented with the prize money ($1,000) and is given the trophy to keep in his home until the following year's draft. The trophy sits on a table in the middle of the draft and stays with the commissioner until the season ends.

Our league is a 10 team auction/keeper league. Each team fields 15 players and must start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K and 1 Def/St. Our salary cap is $200, but teams can protect up to 4 players, depending on how you finished the year before. The champ can keep 1 player, the runner up can keep 2, playoff teams can keep 3 and non-playoff teams can keep 4. Player's salaries increase depending on how much they cost the year before.

Draft day is like a high holiday in the BFL. It is held at my house (wife and kids get booted for the weekend) and I get a giant tent with lights on the inside. I usually order in a monster hero, a ton of wings and a few special treats (last year I had chile and fried calamari for that post-draft party that runs into the wee hours of the night and the beer flows unending. Of course, the food and drinks are paid for by the previous year's toilet bowl champ! The draft is an auction so if you got your heart set on Holmes and you have the stones to dole out the approximate 45% of your salary to draft him, you can.

This year, I am on the fence as to whether to get, um, hired female help to serve food, slowly discard their clothing, all in an attempt to, um, distract the OTHER owners!! Looks good so far, just trying to decide if I can get away with that if the wife ever finds out.

The BFL is made up of my closest friends and family members. There are no transaction fees so trading is prevalent and the trash talk is eternal. In fact, I promote the trash talk and I dont care if you are 0-10, if I beat you in week 11, thats all you are going to hear about, well, forever.

I handtype a weekly newsletter breaking down in painfull and lengthy detail all of the week's head to head action. My ball-busting is epic in proportion.

Overall, the BFL is the hottest league going. The auction draft is the bomb and I would never dream of returning to a regular serpentine style draft. People hang around all night after the draft because nobody wants the party to end. Poker games are not uncommon after the draft.

Check out our site, it'll be worth it. :thumbup:

lol, you guys have a few "extras" laying around?
F'n beer30. There goes our stat book for pimping TOCOL. :rant: :rant: :rant:
lol II, one look at that league and we would all be IP banned so FBG's could disassociate themselves from any of us.Wouldn't this whole process be easier if you guys just started a thread and gave them away to anyone requesting them? Save you having to read through all this stuff. Just a thought.

Hixson Fantasy Football League

We are in our sixth year and just keep getting better. We started with 6 teams in 1998 expanded to 10 and then 12. All but 3 owners (2 teams) are still in the league. We are all friends and have a great time competing.

Our travelling trophy can be seen on the website under archives (any year). The last place team wins the Commissioner's Cup (it ain't no dixie cup, and it ain't no coffe mug, and you sure don't want to drink nothing out of it).

Our draft is always held to coincide with the Southern Brewers Festival!!!!

Tampa Bay Fantasy League (TBFL)

Now entering our seventh season, what started as a ten team local Blockbuster Employee league now has twelve teams across the country and a waiting list for new members. The league is now the three time consecutive (and only) winner of the Pro Fantasy Sports League of the Year award.

It is a flat fee to enter and enjoy some fierce competeition. There are no transaction fees so the waiver wire and trades stay active. Currently we are a single keeper league, but next year promises great expansion to a twenty-four team two conference league in a semi-dynasty format (both sets of rules are on the site...).

Stop by and say hi on the message board.

:thumbup:

The St. Cloud League is the best. Why? Cause someone drafted Derrick Thomas the LB from the Chiefs, after he died. Someone thought he was the second coming I guess.

Hard Knock University

http://football6.myfantasyleague.com/2004/home/40900

You've heard of the School of Hard Knocks, well we take it to the ultimate level. This league has been going strong for many years and we take pride in the details.

Our logos are custom made (with a couple exceptions) and if I may say so compete with professional logos (click the team links to see larger versions). Whomever is in first place, we update the league website wallpaper with a subtle version of their team logo.

Some of us watch the games on a 100 inch projection screen fed by a Home Theater PC, with the main game in one window, league live scoring updates in another, and a handful of game tickers up the side. The couches have bass shakers installed so that when a big tackle comes we can feel it.

During the course of the season we manufacture news articles about each other's teams. One season an owner made full-color posters of some highly offensive smack about some of the other teams and posted them around the owners' respective offices. This level of smack is standard for us.

We try to have "Hard Knock University Game Days" once or twice a season, where we buy a block of NFL tickets and watch the same game, ragging each other when the players on the field affect the fantasy outcome.

I have a custom made jersey with my Fantasy team logo emroidered on it. I wear it to NFL games and people ask me which arena team I played for.

On draft day, the owners bring gifts for the other owners and pass them out. Memorable ones include tubes of KY Jelly with team names, survival kits, rat traps with realistic-looking dead rats in them (to make fun of The Plague), custom made window decals for the car, etc. We rent out a room at the local bar and turn it into our own VIP lounge for draft day.

But the bottom line is that no quarter is asked for or given. We have a long history of grudges against each other and play our hardest every week.

I'll give it a shot.

Our league is the VFFL. It is made up of two separate leagues that merged when we all worked at a restaurant together in New Orleans. We divided the league along the old league lines, creating two 6 team conferences. We are entering our fifth year and one conference has yet to win a championship which makes for a lot of smack.

Here's a link:

VFFL

And here's a link to a pic of our trophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, you guys have a few "extras" laying around?
F'n beer30. There goes our stat book for pimping TOCOL. :rant: :rant: :rant:
lol II, one look at that league and we would all be IP banned so FBG's could disassociate themselves from any of us.Wouldn't this whole process be easier if you guys just started a thread and gave them away to anyone requesting them? Save you having to read through all this stuff. Just a thought.
Serious Answer:In case you didn't notice, we're making a big push trying to expand and market the site more extensively. Thats why there are a lot more of us taking Radio Appearances, more giveaways, more partnerships, etc. We feel like the content here is Grade A and our in-season material is second to none. As such, we see know shame in giving away some freebees to expand the audience.Colin

members.aol.com/miamishapsThe SFFL.... I'll grant that our website is nowhere NEAR as nice as some of these others (The Tampa Bay Football League - WOW)...but if you read the team profiles and such, hopefully you'll get a few laughs. We have been in existence for 9 years and have almost all of the original owners.

The joys and pitfalls of the Italian Warrior League!

My league The Italian Warrior League Home Page is a 12 team redraft.

We don't have a cool trophy...although I plan to carve one this season from a branch I had to remove from my cherry tree. Our winnings are a pittance ($50). What makes our league stand out is the smack.

Take a look at the league news and you will see a long list of smack including degrading songs, humorous pictures, and, even, Smack-lib (our own version of Mad libs).

Our site rarely falls into the vulgar (although the Southfield Mongrel Dogs have a habit of discussing urination) and the humor is even-handed and most of the fun. We have our own Swami who evaluates the draft and calls the fantasy games before they happen.

The Italian Warriors is a league dedicated to both smack and bragging rights. We feature a lot of flex positions (3) which encourages dynamic lineups and helps recovery from the inevitable injuries. Our scoring system (with one point per reception and no penalty for fumbles) means that week to week each team can change from smash mouth to west-coast in the blink of an eye.

The best part of our league is that the ultimate tie-breaker goes to the best smack from the competing players!

Are these the misprints? :devil:

That's the only way I'm giving any "stat" books to the competition.

The league I'm in is 17 years old. This will be my 6th year. The league name is the Sc umbag League and for good reason. It is a big money league with over $6000 in the pot by years end.

The 50 something year old commish puts out a weekly newsletter that would make Larry Flint blush. He is ruthless to everyone inluding himself, teams wives, girlfriends, kids etc. Needless to say it ia great. We also "have" to meet at the bar evey Thursday to conduct FF business. Technology is just no substitute for the bar.

After Edit

I almost forgot. This is a ten team league(sometime with 2-3 guys on a team) and there is a waiting list to get in. We only take who we think can live up to our level of debauchery. We let the bar owner in two years ago after accepting his many,many bribes.

I'm not eligible to win, but I've got a 15 year old, 16 team Dynasty League with 9 Original Owners that drafts in Vegas that would blow the doors off this competition.Every guy has Golf Shirts and Jerseys made up for thier team, Helmet Phones, it's just over the top.Minimum of a couple of strippers, Way too much Liquor, 5 traveling trophies (the toilet Bowl trophy alone is over 3 feet tall), and tons of over top stories over the last 15 years.

My league is the best and I'll tell you why.We said screw spending money on websites, trophies, or prize money. We all pay in 200 dollars and then play our game and throw a huge party at the end of the year. We got 3200 dollars to blow on drugs and hookers and the champion gets first dibs on everything.

The Delta Beta Fantasy League is comprised of 12 lifelong friends. We are all in each others weddings, at each others life events and will be friends until we die.Every year we rent out a beach house(sleeps 20) in San Diego the weekend before the season starts and have the best weekend of the year.Initially it was just a bunch of college buddies at the draft, now there are kids, wives and a lot more to be thankful for.This is our 11th year and I have no doubt we'll be drafting on Labor Day Weekends until our grandchildren are running around.That being said, we are all fiercely competitive and do whatever it takes to bring home the coveted championship!

Tell me again why would I want to tell my league about this site? This is my little gold mine. The last thing I want to do is give it away.But thanks for the offer!

Trophies? Prize money? Sleep overs at the beach? You guys have got to be kidding! In the SWFFL we don't need no stinkin' trophies and we don't need no stinkin' prize money. And, we sure aren't about sleep-overs in San Diego. What we are about is FANTASY FOOTBALL! The league started way back in FBG's first year, when they used to provide separate forums for teams madeup of Board regulars. The original 12 owners were hand-selected from three digit (and lower)members based on their knowledge, experience and dedication, and the league has proudly maintained that tradition. With members having participated in an area covering 10 time zones and three countries, we don't care about all those extraneous frills. We care about football and competition, and that's what we get. No one has yet succeeded in winning the regular season and playoffs in the same year, and no one has yet won either of those titles more than once. Twelve teams, twelve quality owners and a dog eat dog league makes for a great season. Despite that balance, or maybe because of it, there has never been a dispute or a claim of collusion and no one has ever objected to a trade. That, my friends, is what makes for a great league and what makes the SWFFL worthy of a case of stat books.

Our league, the Football Junkies, should win the contest. Unfortunately for you guys, there will be no pics and I don’t have 12 TVs. What I do have is the privilege of playing one of my favorite games – fantasy football – with a bunch of my closest friends. About those friends – one is my best buddy, a guy I’ve known for almost 30 years. Many of the rest of us met in East Lansing, where we will be holding our draft this year over Labor Day weekend. It will be the first time in a few years that the entire league is able to be physically present. Now, while we won’t be burning any couches this year, I’m guessing that we'll have a pretty good time. Yeah, you’re saying right now – “party hard” and “old friends” – that’s gotta be in 95% of the posts here. True. I won’t argue with that. And I don’t write a newsletter with “eternal trash talk” like Silver & Black (though that sounds pretty fun). Heck, our site is just hosted at CBS - we’ve got nothing coldchill’s sweet site. And if I had The Swarm’s 100 inch multimedia HTPC set-up I wouldn’t be typing this right now – I’d be staring at the screen, dazed by its magnificence with drool running down my lip. Our trophy is nice, but it would look like a midget sitting next to Drugrunner’s 3 foot Toilet Bowl monstrosity. There’s no beach house in San Diego, and we don’t blow thousands on hookers and drugs like waylander - though you guys should seriously consider combining drafts and inviting me. What we do, though, is derive tremendous enjoyment and camaraderie from this game. With all the other things going on in our lives – all of our lives – fantasy football provides an amazing distraction, a chance to use our minds in a different way than usual, and an opportunity to maintain and strengthen important friendships. The competition in my leauge is intense, and serious, but above all we remember that it’s supposed to be fun. The smack is heavy, sure – it is fantasy football after all – but not mean spirited. All in all, I’m sure our league is similar to many, if not most, of the leagues out there. And therein lies it’s greatness. We all love this game. You wouldn’t be reading this if you didn’t. And my league, the Football Junkies, is really a representation of fantasy football leagues everywhere. It is the best league out there – to the guys in it. Just like yours is, if you really enjoy it. I wouldn’t want to be in another league. And neither would Silver & Black, Drugrunner, coldchill, or the Swarm. Or any of the rest of the guys that enter this contest. So you can strip away the glam parties, the fancy accoutrements, strippers, hookers, beer bongs, the smack talk, newsletters and flashy web sites, the debauchery, drafts in Vegas, custom jerseys and hand-carved draft boards, the million dollar pots, twice-hourly waiver wires and ten-foot trophies autographed by Joe Bryant. At the end of the day what counts is that you had a heck of a time playing this great game in the best league in the world – yours. Or, in this case, mine.That, and winning it all, of course.

The league that I play in uses Yahoo….as our members do not have the time to devote to fancy websites or spend lots of time browsing through stats and watching preseason football, etc. You see we are all members of the U.S. military. About half of our members (Air Force) are deployed to locations in and around Iraq. Two others support operations in Afghanistan. The rest of us are stationed back at an Air Force base and work double shifts to support the war effort. No, none of us are “sharks” and I am the only member that is a Footballguy. We put our duty and our country before fantasy football. And, along with our military connection fantasy football serves as a distraction; a way to poke fun, and yes, a way to stay connected with our brothers who are deployed. Thanks for all that these boards offer and huge thanks to Joe David for this site. I wish all of you good luck this season. And a big "huah" to all my fellow soilders and airman.

Trophies? Prize money? Sleep overs at the beach? You guys have got to be kidding! In the SWFFL we don't need no stinkin' trophies and we don't need no stinkin' prize money. And, we sure aren't about sleep-overs in San Diego. What we are about is FANTASY FOOTBALL! The league started way back in FBG's first year, when they used to provide separate forums for teams madeup of Board regulars. The original 12 owners were hand-selected from three digit (and lower)members based on their knowledge, experience and dedication, and the league has proudly maintained that tradition. With members having participated in an area covering 10 time zones and three countries, we don't care about all those extraneous frills. We care about football and competition, and that's what we get. No one has yet succeeded in winning the regular season and playoffs in the same year, and no one has yet won either of those titles more than once. Twelve teams, twelve quality owners and a dog eat dog league makes for a great season. Despite that balance, or maybe because of it, there has never been a dispute or a claim of collusion and no one has ever objected to a trade. That, my friends, is what makes for a great league and what makes the SWFFL worthy of a case of stat books.
So are you all winners or losers?Do you have to be the winners butler or something at least?

Just call us the everymen. Our league, Harvesters of Sorrow, represents all that is good in fantasy football. We all hail from a small town in northern Louisiana where we went to college. Our common love for football - playing, watching - made us all friends while we were in college, and fantasy football will keep us all friends as we move on.

While everyone still went to college, we would all meet at one persons house on sunday to watch on multiple screens the football games being shown. Everyone would root for the players on their team and much smack talking went on. Pizza was ordered, beer was drunk, poker was played. Over time some of us graduated and moved on to get jobs, but all of us are still playing fantasy football and this year have upgraded to a Keeper league.

I wont pretend that our league is much fancier than other leagues. Our homepage isn't pretty, we dont spend hours on our own logo's and our team names are often spur of the moment names. But what we lack in graphic design, we make up for in character. Our league articles are going to be instant classics due to the creativity and humor of the people in the league. We also have our own forum hosted on another site where each owner summarizes the draft, predicts their end of the year record, and predicts the final overall league standings. Each week we all make predictions on which team will win and we keep track of our prediction records throughout the season. Our smack talk is second to none and would likely cause some grown men to cry.

We're also a league that learns very quickly. We started out at yahoo a few years ago and after getting familiar with fantasy football, we quickly realized that yahoo couldn't do what we wanted, so we upgraded to MFL.com. We have also become terrific drafters, and every person in our league has become very good at drafting a team. I can only imagine what would come if everyone in the league had access to the statistics books being offered here - the sky is the limit.

So when considering who you will give these books to, consider our league. By giving the books to our league, you are in essence giving books to every normal fantasy football league out there...and there are a lot of us.

my league sucks compared to these. so I wont be handing out any draft books....we have no trophy :cry: ... we have no fancy website :sleep: .... we have no high falutin yacht parties and drink no fancy drinks that cannot be pronounced :thumbdown: what we do have is a league full of blue collar workin die hard fantasy football players who take this "hobby serious enough to get po'ed about it from time to time but not serious enough to whack anybody over :gang: about the only thing unique about our league is the way it got its name.....the league was 3 years old, but still nameless......we were at hooters having our draft when one of the guys who shall remain nameless ( not sure I even remember his name to be honest ) kept showing up missing when it was his turn to draft.....knowing that no man could possibly have to use the restroom THAT MUCH we kinda wondered where he kept running off to ......it seems this fine gentleman had sort of a ....well he used recreational drugs that were a step or 2 above recreational.... :eek: and we found him every time outside of hooters :eek: ..... standing in the rocks that lined the hooters palace-o-babes ...doing whatever it was he does to make himself have out of body experiences and make horrible draft picks :rotflmao: ....thusly THE ROCK QUARRY was formed and few of the people that remain are originals. funny thing is nobody has ever asked that has joined over the year.....why the rock quarry???????? :wall:

I can’t tell you why we’re the best. We aren’t. We’ve had a redraft league at work since 2001. No money, but we do pass around a trophy. 10 teams. I can tell you which 5 teams will have a shot at the 4 playoff spots before the draft. For any year. 2010? No problem; it’s the same 5. Anyway…

Amazing web site:

Our web site isn't much to look at. I'm not proficient in HTML, and of the 10 teams in it, probably only 4-5 owners could tell you what HTML stands for. We have one or two who might not be able to spell HTML. In fairness, one is slightly hard of hearing, so he might think you asked 'H-D-M-L' and spell it accordingly.

Lighting fast draft and quality picks from 1.01 to 16.10:

Two years ago we had a guy draft Bernie Parmalee in round 3. I had to look him up. Last year the same guy took Ricky Williams in round two. No, the Ricky with the Colts. When this was pointed out, he said, "I wondered why he was still there." Last year we had a guy take the spot of someone who left for another job the year before. I tried to help a little. He wanted Culpepper at 1.07. I let him do it, but made him take a RB in round 2 instead of a backup QB he wanted to take. Yes, he really wanted to. He picked in round 4 from home (we use an on-line draft) and selected Sam Aiken. Why? His kids saw him drafting and one said he'd heard of him. Oh, well. He's not participating this year. Instead, we have a Ravens homer who took J Lewis with the 1.01. He took Heap with his 3rd. I've had to replace picks for people who've submitted no player when they made their pick and watched 6 other players go from everyone’s pre-draft selections after the submitted blank.

On top of their team:

Hah! The guy who left for the other job, he left in the middle of the season but said he'd still play the year out. His computer quit and he ran on autopilot for the last 6 games. He made it in as the 4th team for the playoffs. He made no roster moves all year as far as waivers went. He didn't change his lineup either, including when he had a guy on a bye. Including RBs. I (as commish) changed his lineup once in week 9 when I played him so he'd have a QB starting. I faced him in round one of the playoffs, but he had guys hurt so I couldn't start enough WRs for him.

This year, I had a guy ask me what his password was so he could draft. I told him it’s still whatever it was last year. He didn’t know. I can’t see his password, but the system will email it to him. I logged in at his computer, sent it, and then he waited for it to come in. When he opened it, it was his daughter’s name.

Strategy to amaze:

Actually, dumbfound may be a better word. Until this year, at least 4 Qb's would go in the first. We only had 1 this year, and that was Culpepper at 1.08. I was impressed. In the past, everyone would have a QB by the 4th except for me. At least 4 Def Teams would be gone after round 6. Last year, one guy caught on to how I was drafting. This year he took two RBs and a WR in his first 3 picks. He may have a team this year.

Last year I got Harrison, Ward and Chad Johnson in rounds 3-5. (But I lost in the playoffs to the guy who won the SB.) Most of them haven’t a clue.

Conclusion:

Our league is weak. We do have fun, though. Every year since the Bernie Parmalee incident, the guy who has 1.01 always announces that’s his pick. The poor guy will never live it down, but he laughs along. There’s always kidding come Monday or Tuesday. The trophy is kind of nice. It has a plaque added each year with the date, owner name and team name on it.

So, what I'm asking is, why not give us a case? Other leagues are competitive, even ruthless at times. They don't need any help. My guys? They're pathetic. If there was ever a group that needs guidance in FF matters, it's this crew.

The case would do the most good here. Oh, Overseers of Fantasy Football, I beseech thee! Pull my guys up from the bowels of FF shame and enlighten them. I thank you for your consideration.

Note: All of the above actually happened! :bag:

Please consider the Feeding Frenzy Fantasy Football League. The “Frenzy” grew off a FBG message board thread looking for a contract league that long-time FBG Frank Alonzo started back in the days of old yeller... way back when FBG was giving individual league forums! From those humble beginnings, truly energized by the fantasy community Joe and David were building, the Feeding Frenzy grew to what we are today. With a stable core of 7 Footballguys from the first year, the Feeding Frenzy stands as a proven testament to the success of the FBG’s spirit.

You can view our traveling trophy here: Frenzy Championship Trophy Our website is here: Frenzy Website We are very proud of our logo, designed by a league owner and centered on our home page. We are also proud to be part of the even larger FBG movement that is Preds Forums Preds Forums host 5 nationwide leagues, each of varying format, and all functioning at a high quality level.

The Feeding Frenzy is a 4 year old contract/cap league with RFA's (and an incredibly active RFA auction period in April) and UFA's (and what is probably an even more active UFA period all the way through August). We conduct our rookie draft shortly after the NFL draft, and roster a 5 player development squad with a separate contract/cap to manage. Every owner in the Feeding Frenzy is skilled and dedicated to fantasy football. Our Frenzy Rules are absolutely complete and detailed, the product of years of hard word by our Rules Committee in particular, as well as our league owners as a whole.

We would be honored to win this contest, whether Stat Books were involved or not. The Feeding Frenzy would not exist if not for the early efforts of FBGs. We believe that our league benefits and has grown very strong because of the fantasy football knowledge concentrated here at Footballguys.com! :thumbup:

Cakeboy 24 team mega-league. We have Kid C. 'Nuff said.
SuperHyperMegaCakeleague 2004 is 24 of the FFA's most diverse fantasy talents. The aformentioned Kid C - he of AVT fame is a proud member. The league boasts 4 members from the Staff vs. Board survivor league - but we don't stop there.we're multinational as well - as we have Mexicans, a British contingent and Zippy involved.We don't just want smart people either - we extend the branch to owners like Beaglemac.

Please consider the Feeding Frenzy Fantasy Football League.  The “Frenzy” grew off a FBG message board thread looking for a contract league that long-time FBG Frank Alonzo started back in the days of old yeller... way back when FBG was giving individual league forums!  From those humble beginnings, truly energized by the fantasy community Joe and David were building, the Feeding Frenzy grew to what we are today.  With a stable core of 7 Footballguys from the first year, the Feeding Frenzy stands as a proven testament to the success of the FBG’s spirit.

You can view our traveling trophy here: Frenzy Championship Trophy  Our website is here:  Frenzy Website  We are very proud of our logo, designed by a league owner and centered on our home page.  We are also proud to be part of the even larger FBG movement that is Preds Forums  Preds Forums host 5 nationwide leagues, each of varying format, and all functioning at a high quality level.

The Feeding Frenzy is a 4 year old contract/cap league with RFA's (and an incredibly active RFA auction period in April) and UFA's (and what is probably an even more active UFA period all the way through August).  We conduct our rookie draft shortly after the NFL draft, and roster a 5 player development squad with a separate contract/cap to manage.  Every owner in the Feeding Frenzy is skilled and dedicated to fantasy football.  Our Frenzy Rules are absolutely complete and detailed, the product of years of hard word by our Rules Committee in particular, as well as our league owners as a whole.

We would be honored to win this contest, whether Stat Books were involved or not.  The Feeding Frenzy would not exist if not for the early efforts of FBGs.  We believe that our league benefits and has grown very strong because of the fantasy football knowledge concentrated here at Footballguys.com!  :thumbup:
I think I'll add to Jake's post (Wonder Mutts) on the Feeding Frenzy.The Frenzy grew from humble beginnings with 12 guys who knew nothing of each other from all over the country. We had growing pains the 1st year, but have since grown into a tight group of guys who I consider friends. Guys I wouldn't hesitate to visit and hang with if I'm anywhere near their towns (which just so happen to be all over the country).

The Frenzy has membership from as far off as Hawaii, as well as California, Washington, Indiana, New York, Pennsylvannia, New Jersey, and Minnesota.

The majority of members are active FBG's... although we have a couple who still for some unknown reasons frequent "other" boards... so the case of stat books might be a nice way to get them in the FBG community. The Frenzy proudly consists of FBG members such as sjslacker, Mphilly, flaxwless, Royal Hawaiian Opihi, Wonder Mutts, Bull Dozier and myself Preds.

Humor runs high in the Frenzy, especially during our annual rookie draft, when teams write feature stories (written by the local "beat reporters") about the latest member of the team or whatnot. I've been shocked and impressed by the quality of writing and creativity.

The contract and salary cap rules used by the Frenzy help to create our own kind of "NFL reality". Our owners truly get into the idea of running a franchise, not just drafting a team. Our scoring is complex... every yard counts... in fact, every touch of the ball has some kind of scoring impact (negative or positive). Our cap rules are complex yet simple. Our RFA and UFA bidding periods are an absolut blast.

Although the Frenzy is basically a free league (aside from everyone chipping in to buy the travelling trophy) you would find the competiveness and fun hard to believe. I have way more fun in the Frenzy than my money leagues. It's just a great group of guys that have a solid understanding of the game and know how to have fun.

Our website may not be as flashy as others (I only wish I had the time and programming knowledge)... but the content and substance of the Frenzy is amongst the best I've seen anywhere, and I'm proud to be a founding member of the league along with the Wonder Mutts and others.

Here is a sampling of some classic Frenzy news stories:

Report: Undead GM Telegrams Team

RAVENSWOOD (AP) -- Wire services this morning intercepted a telegram from Undead GM Jeremy Morse to his players. Excerpts are reprinted below without permission.

All right men good job stop Played great game against Predators but don't think this is over by a long shot stop Division not clinched and two tough games remain against division rivals stop No time for celebrating stop No flowers or candy for you this time stop We will be like Spartan warriors stop Come back with you shield or come back on it and all that stop Required reading this week "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield stop Saw it on Phil Jackson's reading list stop Okay gotta keep this short they charge by the word you know and besides they're waiting for me on the back nine stop So take care, listen to what Coach Moustis tells you and don't forget to show up on Thursday and Sunday stop Stay focused and let's stomp the Opihi into poi paste stop Aloha means Goodbye, Have A Nice Early Offseason stop Keep it real -- BOSS MORSE stop

The Undead locker room seemed invigorated by the telegram and put in a hard morning practice. Starting QB Brett Favre had this to say: "It's nice that he takes the time to think of us, but I sure wish he'd stop with the telegrams... nobody really uses Morse Code anymore. And they're really annoying to read... in fact, I think they might be why my eyesight has been so bad the last couple of weeks."
Opihi Jacked up for Sunday's Match!

HONOLULU (AP) - The Royal Hawaiian Opihi, season-long underdogs in this their first year in the Feeding Frenzy Fantasy Football League, are poised on the brink of the post-season Promised Land... this scrappy 6-6 team has played opponents tough all season, and lost many a heartbreaker. But there's still a ray of hope... a "pot 'o gold" at the end of the rainbow, if you will. Mathmatically, the OPIHI are still alive for the 6th and final wildcard playoff spot. But they'll have to earn it. They face the #1 and #2 teams in the League (who also happen to be in the same Eastern Division!): the Hudson Valley Undead (10-2) and the Parkwood Predators (9-3). Dispite their 6-6 record, the Opihi have the 3rd highest point total on the season (right after the you know whos!)... so anything can happen. In the words of Chris Berman, "That's why they play the game!"

The Opihi were given a small "gift" today from the league-leading Undead, when an internal team telegram was printed on the AP wire. The Opihi have blown up the following phrase, and stuck it to the team bulletin board:

Quote:

Stay focused and let's stomp the Opihi into poi paste stop Aloha means Goodbye

When asked about the telegram, RB Warrick Dunn replied, "Teams have been disrespecting us all season. People seem to forget that quality football gets played West of San Fransisco - and I'm not talking about the Japan Bowl either! We know what we have to do, and we're just going to go out there and take care of business. It's on our shoulders, baby... and we're up for it!"

Starting QB Aaron Brooks could not be reached for comment. He's coming off his second consecutive poor outing, and there have been rumors that he may be replaced by backup QB Trent Green this coming Sunday against the Undead. "I've just got to be ready to play in case coach sends me in. This is what I've been practicing for all season!" Recent Development Squad acquisition, Marc Bulger, still rehabbing his injured hand, is not expected to be activated this season, but has already found ways to contribute to the team. This past week he went to every Opihi player and shouted, "Five in a row! We can do it! Five in a row!!!" Veteran WR Tim Brown had to restrain some of the members of the Green Bay Defense, who wanted to stuff Bulger into the dirty laundry hamper... but cooler heads prevailed!
Predators release franchise QB, promote Lelie

Buffalo,NY

Predators release starting QB

In a shocking move, Coach SantaLucia announced to the media today they were releasing the former pro-bowl QB Jeff Garcia and then named QB Brad Johnson the starter.

Rumor has it that in a private team meeting just prior to gametime this past weekend, Jeff announced to the team that he was indeed gay. The team was apparently stunned by his admission, especially the timing of it, and as a result many players were unable to focus on the game at hand.

Garcia appeared dismayed and discombobulated by the teams reacton, and then sputtered to the field and perhaps played the worst game of his professional career, a game so poor that it appears to have cost him his job.

The team announced that Garcia could possibly be resigned, but not anywhere near the 1511cb 3 year contract he was on.

The team also announced that emerging star WR Ashley Lelie was being promoted to the active roster to take Jeff's place.

Predators all time leading WR Hines Ward had this to say "It's tough man, Jeff coming out and all just before a game really stunned us and certainly affected the way we played this week. I think the team was nervous being around him, and maybe guys weren't going all out. We have a lot of confidence in Brad, he's a proven winner, we'll be fine."

All Pro RB LaDainian Tomlinson disagreed, saying he played one of his finest games as a pro, and would be "shocked if Garcia's announcement caused other players to dog it on the field this past Sunday."

Garcia's manager, Ihem Notgae, said there was a possibility they might sue the team for discrimination. Coach SantaLucia discounted this notion, stating it was purely a salary cap move.

According to the Predators Coach and GM, Garcia was the highest paid QB in the league at 1511 cb's. The team stated that the average salary for the highest paid QB on all 12 Frenzy teams was only 942 cb's, making Garcia's contract more than 60% higher than the league average. The team just felt his production didn't warrant the difference in salary when compared to his peers. Curiously, after Jeff's release the average salary for the top paid QB on each team dropped nearly 100 cb's to 846!

More as we hear it.

Rhett Zoan

Predators Correspondant
The Sting: Insects' Breakdown Their Picks

"Hello, Krystal Secum here and I am with the Bay Area Bloodsucking Insects Owner/GM/Coach, Frank Alonzo. With thier draft two-thirds of the way done, Frank has taken time out of the war room to share his thoughts on his draft."

*The camera pans to the left and Frank Alonzo is seen sitting comfortably in a director's chair. He wears a black long sleeve shirt, with an orange neck tie. A grin flashes across his young, handsome face as Krystal sits down and begins the interview.*

"Thanks for taking the time to conduct this interview."

"No problem."

"With your first pick you, you guys drafted Clinton Portis of the Denver Broncos. Please share your thoughts."

"Well when we traded up with the Wondermutts, this was the guy we had our sights set on all along. However suprisingly Donte Stallworth was still looking for a team and he made us think hard about our decision. Yet we decided that Clinton is too great a talent and in a great situation. With the Broncos producing 3 1,000 yards rushers we had no doubt once given the chance Clinton would produce."

"Yes but he is stuck in the depth chart behind Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, and Mike Anderson."

"We don't see that as a problem. When talent presents itself, you take it. Also good RBs are hard to find and we feel Clinton is a great RB. When you think of it he's not too far down the depth charts. Mike Anderson has moved to FB. Gary has been rumored to be traded ever since last year and TD is coming off injuries. Plus he's almost as handsome as me."

*Krystal gives off one of those fake laughs that reporters or any on air personality possess. She has it down so well that she even added the lean forward and slapping of the knee. After taking a few moments ot compose herself she continues.*

"Oh boy. I don't think anyone can be as handsome as you Mr. Alonzo"

"Please Krystal, just call me Frank."

"Okay Frank. Now onto your 2nd ROund pick of Lamar Gordon. After taking an RB in the first, why take another one?"

"Why take another one? Why not? Like I said before when talent presents itself and is in a great position you nab them. Lamar clearly has both. He's talented AND he's in a GREAT situation. St. Louis. The Greatest Show on Earth."

"But he's behind the Immortal Marshall Faulk."

"That's the point! Marshall is getting old, however great he maybe, the guy is getting old. He'll have to slow down sooner or later, hopefully sooner since he's setting the FF world on fire."

"Don't you find it ironic that you swapped picks with the Wondermutts, who have Faulk, and take Lamar Gordon."

"Ironic? Nope, but it is funny as hell. Now I'm praying for Faulk to get injured. Now that would be great. Would further solidfy my status as resident genius among the GMs."

"Well what are you looking forward to in the third round?"

"With the last pick in the rookie draft we're looking for talent. Screw need. That's what Free Agency is for. The draft is all about collecting talent."

"Would you mind giving us some insight as too who you are looking at."

"Well not to give anything away but we're looking at QBs, RB, WRs, TEs, and placekickers!"

"That's a wrap, Frank. Thanks for the interview."

*Krystal leans forward, extending her hand making sure the camera gets the clevage to boost the ratings. Frank Alonzo shakes her hand.*

"Thanks, Krystal. Anytime"
Breaking News: What do you get when you cross a duck with a lion?

RAVENSWOOD, CHICAGO (AP): After a lunch of Connie's Pizza and Coca-Cola, Hudson Valley Undead GM Jeremy Morse returned to his office and made a fateful phone call.

Somewhere in America, a phone rang. A trembling hand hesitated, then lifted the receiver. "Hello?" a voice quivered.

Mr. Morse, on the other end, allowed a pregnant pause. "What do you get when you cross a duck and a lion?" he asked.

The trembling voice was nonplussed. "Um, I think maybe you have the wrong number?"

"QB Joey Harrington, of the Detroit Lions, with that response you have just made yourself pick number 1.02 in the Feeding Frenzy 2002 Draft!"

"I can't believe it!" Harrington exclaimed, unconsciously wrapping the phone cord around his fist in his excitement. "I've never won anything before in my life!"

"Don't worry, that will change probably by next year."

Harrington's elation was quickly tempered by doubt. "But my center exchange," he whimpered. "Didn't you hear about my problem the other day?"

"Son," Mr. Morse soothed avuncularly, "That's the stuff of legend. That's all they'll be able to talk about when they're inducting you into Canton."

"Gee thanks, Mr... say, who am I talking to anyway? Did the Predators trade up for me after all?"

"No, nobody wanted to trade up. This is Mr. Morse from the Undead."

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!"

Mr. Harrington was heard to whimper softly into the phone for several minutes.

Jeremy Shockey was seen celebrating with family and friends at the Rainbow Room upon receiving the news.

The Sweet 16

I am a proud member of a 16 team league. It's a work league where most everybody talks back and fourth during company hours about Fantasy Football.

Im sorry I cant give you a link to my home page as it's a private password protected league. If I win the case of 13 books. I would not have enough so I'll just have to go 13-0 and give one out to each team i beat so they can spruce up a bit.

The Draft:

Every year one week before the season we go to a league members house. It's a huge house about an hour away from me and no further than an hour and a half away from the others. We draft in his garage yes garage. It's very big. Their are tables set up all around us. It looks like a court room where the commish sets in the middle. Each table is equiped with a laptop (did I mention this guy is rich) and the bye week list taped to the table. Normally we have a Wide Screen 70 inch TV in the garage when cames are going. Its even on wheels. The best part is we have a projection screen to show the picks we make and the Commish will add them to the rosters and it will appear on the screen with the draft timer. We order our normal 3 sheet pizza's and buckets of wings. The guys drink Beer, The ladies sip on mixed girly drinks and I drink pop being the 18 year old. As a joke last year one of the guys brought me a coloring book and apple juice and the nickname "The Kid" lives on We all leave work early and follow eachother to Rick's house and race to get there (going speed limit of course). Quite humorous on the highway. We start around 6 and end around 10 but stay till 1-2 in the morning. Many of the league members will be late the next morning and the trade talks fill up my mailbox all day.

This is my fourth year in the league and the 5th overall. Id like to show my thanks to the commish by winning this contest and giving out books on Draft day or during Week 1 at our Party.

This years party we have scored tickets for the home opener. Bills vs Jaguars. We have about 25 people going and sitting in two rows. We have also planned on going to the Cardinals vs. Bills game on Halloween. Each owner must dress up in a costume though which makes it more the fun. Our league is an awesome family. Coming from a broken home it's my way of escaping former problems. I hang out with most everyone in my league. Even though im much younger. The guys in the mid -twenty's are making me one of the guys and it's a good feeling. We have a Christmas party planned this year and the great thing about it is Their are Football games on Christmas and Christmas Eve This year :excited: We also have trash talking stories each week with pictures I can't even show here. It's all in fun though. Lets just say we have some guys that really know how to edit and change pictures well. We had one guy last year sneek up to me at work and take my picture and later it was posted as a trash talk with my face on some far lady's body with alot of slander. It was good but I got him back. PM me for details. Our end of year party encludes are league doing a neat little playoff game for money as we pick players in the playoffs. We meet at a local restuarant and have a small party and discuss rule changes and hand out prizes. We always have a 100% turnout.

We are like a family here. We have a great group of guys in this league. Some of the girls write nice and funny fantasy football poetry. You might not get it all because you don't know my leaguemates. But she nails every aspect.

Lana Dole

The Wonder Women

Both Brady and Jerry, On this week, were crappin’! We lost to a LOOOSER, What worse thing could happen?

Sure we are still friends, I’ll give him a hug. But he will not play with, One single white jug!

He’s used to much smaller, To him she’s the leader. And I would not play with, That wee Irish weiner!

I’ve broken my oath, I was pushed to the edge. I’ve used the word "wiener", Gone back on my pledge.

Jack thinks that he duped us, By trading him Aaron. He begged us and paid us, Til we started sharin'.

He’s gotten more cocky, His logic’s not sound. For this week he’ll be, Hammered into the ground.

Young Dougie could not, Beat Schlau on his worst day. God punished me for, Two times calling him gay!

The season’s not over, We’ll play two times more. I’ll even pick my, Sorry ### off the floor.

Speaking of ###ES, He lost to the perv. On this week Rich Gannon, Threw balls with a curve!

We’ll root for our Tami, That girl’s on a roll. She going to win this year’s, Big toilet bowl!

So see ya the next round, And watch for more words. To make fun of John, and the rest of the terds!
Another Personal Favorite Includes
Lana Dole

The Wonder Women

The Women are Wondering,

What should we do?

A stable of losers,

Who play like poo poo!

The hairy Commish,

Braided fur on his back.

Changed all the rules,

After smoking some crack!

We voted no keeper,

On Mentho boys’ sneers.

The vote changed to yes,

After giving John beers!

The Bills’ looked so bad,

On a day in Miami.

But looks like we’ve beaten,

Our sweet dear friend Tami.

So goodbye to Josh Reed,

Drops a touchdown each week.

And now we’ve made certain,

He will reach his peak!

Farewell to that Antowain,

His average is two.

If I saw his butt,

I’d kick it with a shoe!

There’s no prize for the bottom,

But we will still play.

I have to tease Dougie,

That he might be GAY!

Next year will be better,

We’ll play with you geeks!

And pound you like last year,

And laugh at your shrieks!

We’ll hold our heads high,

We are proud and still mighty.

Only one has a chest,

But our booties are tighty!

Now this prose, it is pale,

And my lyrics quite lame.

Perhaps with more wins,

I'll get back on my game!
Now our league is alot more then just poetry. Every Thursday is "Thong Thursday" with a complete list of 1-32 of his view on the NFL Rankings. PM Me for some pictures :hophead:

MY PROUDEST MOMENT

Picture of a few co-workers. They took this nice picture (CLICK ME)

This is what was posted

In a season ripe with accusations, perversions, pornography, swindling, corruption and "defecation" of character, 6 of the 8 remaining playoff team owners took time out of their busy schedules to wish everyone Happy Holidays. Special sympathy was shown to Barnzeez Bad Assez owner R Barnes, who was beaten by "The Kid" in the preliminary round of the playoffs.

I was the 8th seed and barley squeeked in the playoffs. I beat the number 1 seed and back to back champion big. Real Big. An 18 Point Win. It was right around Christmas time. We bet lunch and of course I had to order Lobster. Betting lunch is a normal thing. It lets us leave work for an hour have lunch and talk fantasy football once a week can't beat that.

In the picture you might be saying what the thing we are holding is. Well we work for a company called the Mentholatum Co. We package "Softlips" It's Lip Balm and the guy we knocked out of the playoffs works at a company down the road and is the Commish's brother in law and he always calls us the "Mentholube" Company. So we took a giant product and taped Mentholube on the picture and sent him The picture of us.

Our Champ last year posted this about the new season. I'll leave you at that guys. I hope i can bring this case of books to the league and be the Hero

We caught up with 69ers owner Mike Lonczak and asked him about the upcoming season. "It's a new year. We'll have a new look and new players, but we completely expect the same results”.

Some things definitely will not change in the upcoming season though. We'll Diss the Commish and Joe Stein will whine; the Kid will attempt to wheel and deal while Steve Crescente will draft his Little Giants; and the Wonder Women will question Dougies manhood as Jennie shops for a new thong to show off in the news.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks

such as this thread, where so far we've discovered some 'guys' have sleepovers at the beach and write poetry to their other fantasy leaguemates.
Wait till i take pictures of these girls at draft day. I'll let them read poetry to me all they want as long as i can give them something in returnAnd the girls do this only if you actually read it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread