What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS V All-Time Baseball Draft: HARRRRRRRIFIC (1 Viewer)

Nice inning:

Eddie Mathews hits a groundball to 3B which is misplayed by Ed Delahanty. Official scorer: E-5. [1] Larry Walker gets walked. [12]Ed Bailey flies out to shallow RF. Honus Wagner gets walked. [123] Willie Hernandez strikes out. Barry Bonds gets walked. Mathews scores from third. [123] Barry Bonds gets walked. Walker scores from third. [123] Jason Giambi gets walked. Wagner scores from third. [123] Luis Gonzalez gets walked. Bonds scores from third. [123] Eddie Mathews gets walked. Bonds scores from third. [123] Larry Walker gets walked. Giambi scores from third. [123] Ed Bailey hits a home run. Pitching change: Doug Henry is replaced by Trevor Hoffman. Honus Wagner hits a single to CF (-). [1] Willie Hernandez strikes out.
Control issues much?
I hadn't read that. Six straight walks with the bases loaded, followed by a grand slam. Ouch.
This won't affect my ranking, will it? :unsure:

SERIOUS QUESTION

What are we going to do about Higgins? Dude isn't coming back.
He needs to check in and draft by Sunday night. If he hasn't done that, his team will be removed (all of it), and I'll make a team of the best remaining players to put in its place.

SERIOUS QUESTION

He needs to check in and draft by Sunday night. If he hasn't done that, his team will be removed (all of it), and I'll make a team of the best remaining players to put in its place.
Solid idea I guess. Sounds like the league won't be starting until mid-week then, eh?

SERIOUS QUESTION

Solid idea I guess. Sounds like the league won't be starting until mid-week then, eh?
I'd like to start Monday at the latest.

SERIOUS QUESTION

What are we going to do about Higgins?  Dude isn't coming back.
If you need an extra manager, I think I have followed this thing closly enough to fill it. Not 100% sure as to all of the inner works but I think I could be passable. Let me know.

SERIOUS QUESTION

If you need an extra manager, I think I have followed this thing closly enough to fill it. Not 100% sure as to all of the inner works but I think I could be passable. Let me know.
:goodposting: Sign this man up. :thumbup: :thumbup:

SERIOUS QUESTION

I'd like to start Monday at the latest.
Yeah, but doesn't WIS take a few days to get the regular season started from the time that we fill the 24 teams? We'd need to fill today if we want to start Monday.

SERIOUS QUESTION

I'd prefer to keep the players higgins drafted, and then just fill in the remaining slots and make that Team #24.Higgins confirmed that he dropped out via PM or something? Just yesterday morning, he checked in and said he'd make up his picks.

SERIOUS QUESTION

This is not a bad thing. Sim Live Exhibition.

Sim Live Spring Training

Sim Live PreSeason PayPal Tourney

ANYONE?

What is the link so you can change a players position when loading your team? TIA
There's no real link. You don't change names until after your team is already entered into the league. Then go to the GM page, and change the names.

Found it, thanks TRE:

1. click on one of the "utility" spots at the draft center

2. search for the guy you want to draft out of position. (search for the DH you want to draft at OF)

3. right click on that guy's name and select "copy shortcut" or possibly " copy link "

4. now paste that shortcut into the address bar on the top of your screen. it should say something like:

java script:SelectPlayer(14,123804,"Fielder","Cecil",1988,0,0,-1)

the first number after the ( is the position that that player will play. in my example it is 14, which is utility. delete that number and enter the number that corresponds to the position you want him to play. 1 is catcher, 2 is 1B, 3 is 2B, 4 is 3B, 5 is SS, 6 is OF, 7 is OF, 8 is OF, 9- 18 are utility.

so to have cecil play your last outfield spot, your address bar should read:

java script:SelectPlayer(8,123804,"Fielder","Cecil",1988,0,0,-1)

5. press enter

after that you should return to the draft center and see the guy you want entered at the position you want him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANYONE?

What is the link so you can change a players position when loading your team?  TIA
There's no real link. You don't change names until after your team is already entered into the league. Then go to the GM page, and change the names.
Never mind me :loco:

We need spartans and higgins to post their teams (higgins needs to finish his draft), and we need the 10 people who haven't signed into WIS to please do so.

Thanks.

We need spartans and higgins to post their teams (higgins needs to finish his draft), and we need the 10 people who haven't signed into WIS to please do so.

Thanks.
I will later tonight :thumbup:

How do I change my player names?
You don't change names until after your team is already drafted and entered into the league. Then go to the GM page, and change the names. You have until Game 4 of the regular season to rename players.

How does LiveSim work during the season? Do you have to sim the game at it's exact time it was going to run, or is it more flexible than that?

How does LiveSim work during the season? Do you have to sim the game at it's exact time it was going to run, or is it more flexible than that?
very flexible. if you wanted to sim all your games for the season against one team in one night, you could.

I'm having a hell of a time adjusting my pitching staff for the preseason games. I am supposed to have a manager option but I don't think I do. Any reason for this outside of operator error?
what are you trying to do?

Did Harrier preload our teams?

I ask because I loaded my own team. Is that what I was supposed to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread