What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS V All-Time Baseball Draft: HARRRRRRRIFIC (3 Viewers)

Can I get in?

I still have 2 teams I need to use.

I rolled a 423.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure... you're a WIS vet?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep. I havent played a ton, but in baseball my rating is 2829, my record is 1141-1013 and I have won 2 championships.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You'll be a great addition on the baseball side of this. Welcome aboard.I hope you enjoy shtick, whinedowns, and general mayhem...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't forget the Larry_boy Experience.

Can I get in?

I still have 2 teams I need to use.

I rolled a 423.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure... you're a WIS vet?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep. I havent played a ton, but in baseball my rating is 2829, my record is 1141-1013 and I have won 2 championships.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You'll be a great addition on the baseball side of this. Welcome aboard.I hope you enjoy shtick, whinedowns, and general mayhem...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't forget the Larry_boy Experience.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well that goes without saying... :popcorn:

1901 was the AL's first season. NL has been around since 1876. Do we go back that far, or just until 1901?

1901 was the AL's first season.  NL has been around since 1876.  Do we go back that far, or just until 1901?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's certainly open to discussion, but I'd prefer 1876.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WIS only goes back to 1885
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW, are we still gonna do that "third best year" crap?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's so 2005
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And some things are better left to history. :thumbup:

1901 was the AL's first season.  NL has been around since 1876.  Do we go back that far, or just until 1901?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hell no
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What you do is pick the top 5 seasons for a particular player. Then for each player, you roll a die to determine which of those seasons you get.Simple enough, right?

:stonedbanana: (we need this smiley if this draft is to work over here)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hell no
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What you do is pick the top 5 seasons for a particular player. Then for each player, you roll a die to determine which of those seasons you get.Simple enough, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nahPeople can pick any year they want.

I think we should allow drafting of players' different years separately, too, this time around. To level the playing field. It's not like we're drafting all-time teams anymore. This really opens up the seasons that we've got to work with, and makes things a little more interesting overall, I think.

i.e. I draft Barry Bonds, 2003

Barry Bonds, 2004 is still available.

Thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hell no
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think we should allow drafting of players' different years separately, too, this time around. To level the playing field. It's not like we're drafting all-time teams anymore. This really opens up the seasons that we've got to work with, and makes things a little more interesting overall, I think.

Thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So someone could logistically draft Barry Bonds 8 times?Um, no.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hell no
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just causing trouble with my random year idea (though I do like it). Dont like the multiple years for one player, however. Would prefer one babe, not 9.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hell no
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah.Look, fact is it's gotten stale the other way, and we have too much accumulated data on most of those seasons. Opening up the second- and third-best seasons, and more, of the greatest players really makes things new and interesting. We need more wrinkles for those of us who have been around since WIS I. This will provide it.

Plus, there will still be exclusivity of seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hell no
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just causing trouble with my random year idea (though I do like it). Dont like the multiple years for one player, however. Would prefer one babe, not 9.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hell no
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah.Look, fact is it's gotten stale the other way, and we have too much accumulated data on most of those seasons. Opening up the second- and third-best seasons, and more, of the greatest players really makes things new and interesting. We need more wrinkles for those of us who have been around since WIS I. This will provide it.

Plus, there will still be exclusivity of seasons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't mind it if people were able to pick freely exactly which season they wanted from their selected player, but making that player available to be selected repeatedly in the same draft kind of taints things, IMO.Plus, seeing "2003 Barry Bonds flies out to 1995 Barry Bonds" doesn't seem very realistic.

Plus, seeing "2003 Barry Bonds flies out to 1995 Barry Bonds" doesn't seem very realistic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But 1961 Mickey Mantle flies out to 2001 Barry Bonds does?How about 1973 Ken Griffey flies out to 1997 Ken Griffey?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm speaking on the context of them being completely different players. Plus, would you want to give a team the opportunity to pick Babe Ruth with their first two picks?I'm just not seeing the ethics in it, that's all.

Plus, seeing "2003 Barry Bonds flies out to 1995 Barry Bonds" doesn't seem very realistic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But 1961 Mickey Mantle flies out to 2001 Barry Bonds does?How about 1973 Ken Griffey flies out to 1997 Ken Griffey?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm speaking on the context of them being completely different players. Plus, would you want to give a team the opportunity to pick Babe Ruth with their first two picks?I'm just not seeing the ethics in it, that's all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not about ethics really. Just trying to open things up to be more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread