What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS XV: Alphabet Soup with a side of Salary- Draft & Season Thread (3 Viewers)

Zambrano was probably my best pinch hitter in live. :bye: Set it up to have my ace (Fergie) on the hill for a possible game seven, hard to believe this team has gotten this far. Another superb managerial effort by Doctor Detroit. :thumbup:
I also set it up to have my best pitcher on the hill for game 7. Watch it end up 12-11. :)

Starting Verlander for game 7. In game 1 at Bennett Park he gave up 9 runs in 1.2 IP and allowed 4 homers. In Game 4 at home he fired a 2 hit shutout.Sadly, game 7 is at Bennett again. :scared:
Verlander was solid. 7IP, 3R. But Fred Anderson was not. TRE leading 4-3 in the bottom of the 9th:S.Romo enters the game to pitch. GLOD J.Thome grounds a single to RCF. DPOD R.Sandberg grounds to 1B. They get the force at 2B, but the batter beats the throw to 1B to avoid the DP. DPOD J.Wynn hits an infield single to SS. G.Zernial enters the game as a pinch-hitter for E.Reulbach. DP G.Zernial hits a groundball single to LCF. R.Sandberg scores. J.Wynn is safe at 3B ahead of the throw. F.Anderson enters the game to pitch. IIOS F.Anderson uncorks a wild pitch and all runners advance. J.Wynn scores.Tough way to lose GB.

Zambrano was probably my best pinch hitter in live. :bye: Set it up to have my ace (Fergie) on the hill for a possible game seven, hard to believe this team has gotten this far. Another superb managerial effort by Doctor Detroit. :thumbup:
I also set it up to have my best pitcher on the hill for game 7. Watch it end up 12-11. :)
8-4, nice season but you really never had a chance draft killer. :bye:

Starting Verlander for game 7. In game 1 at Bennett Park he gave up 9 runs in 1.2 IP and allowed 4 homers. In Game 4 at home he fired a 2 hit shutout.Sadly, game 7 is at Bennett again. :scared:
Verlander was solid. 7IP, 3R. But Fred Anderson was not. TRE leading 4-3 in the bottom of the 9th:S.Romo enters the game to pitch. GLOD J.Thome grounds a single to RCF. DPOD R.Sandberg grounds to 1B. They get the force at 2B, but the batter beats the throw to 1B to avoid the DP. DPOD J.Wynn hits an infield single to SS. G.Zernial enters the game as a pinch-hitter for E.Reulbach. DP G.Zernial hits a groundball single to LCF. R.Sandberg scores. J.Wynn is safe at 3B ahead of the throw. F.Anderson enters the game to pitch. IIOS F.Anderson uncorks a wild pitch and all runners advance. J.Wynn scores.Tough way to lose GB.
Oof

Last time I got up 3-0 in the World Series I lost 4-3 so I won't be gathering the :confetti: and hookers just yet. WIS loves this shtick.

'Doctor Detroit said:
Last time I got up 3-0 in the World Series I lost 4-3 so I won't be gathering the :confetti: and hookers just yet. WIS loves this shtick.
No schtick this time, my team just had a horrible 2007 Rockies "just happy to be here" series. Gratz on the sweep

Last edited by a moderator:
:confetti: and hookers for everyone!

Beating WIS genius Jfranco in the series makes it extra sweet. Been in the playoffs a lot and won that TOC after losing to Kraft a long time ago, but nice to get one for John Wockenfuss. Might have to send him a facebook message!

The only reason I took a +1 HR stadium is for the stupid RnR bet. In retrospect, that was a bad call.
Judging by the seasons jfranco and my squad are having ... looks like a plus-HR stadium is FAR preferable to having a plus-base-hit stadium. Or just pick a bunch of deadballers.
I played in a stadium that was +2/+4/+3/-3/-3. It did not adversely affect my pitching too much.
Yeah, but you were in teh soft league, right?
:coffee:

:confetti: and hookers for everyone! Beating WIS genius Jfranco in the series makes it extra sweet. Been in the playoffs a lot and won that TOC after losing to Kraft a long time ago, but nice to get one for John Wockenfuss. Might have to send him a facebook message!
Congrats DD

Tournament of champions is now a round robin. Check out the two box scores from the first team I played:

Player % IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERAPedro Martinez, W (1-0) 100 6.1 5 1 1 0 5 0 76 1.42Pedro Martinez 100 0.1 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0.00Pedro Martinez 100 1.1 3 3 3 0 0 2 19 13.50Dennis Eckersley, SV (2) 100 1.0 1 0 0 1 1 0 18 0.00
Code:
Player 	% 	IP 	H 	R 	ER 	BB 	SO 	HR 	PC 	ERAPedro Martinez 	100 	6.0 	6 	3 	3 	1 	4 	1 	90 	4.50Dennis Eckersley, BSV (1) 	100 	0.2 	3 	3 	2 	1 	1 	0 	18 	27.00Pedro Martinez 	100 	0.1 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	2 	0.00Dennis Eckersley 	100 	1.1 	1 	0 	0 	0 	1 	0 	20 	0.00Pedro Martinez, W (1-0) 	100 	0.2 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	6 	0.00Game Totals 	100 	9.0 	10 	6 	5 	2 	6 	1 	136 	---

He has clone hitters too, lots of Tris Speakers and that real special John McGraw. How the hell would I be able to beat a team like that? Ridiculous. :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
saw one of those countdown shows on MLB Network last night. not sure if it was new, but they were doing the Greatest Players from A-Z, identifying the best player with a last name for each letter of the alphabet.A - AaronB - BondsC - Cobbetcmade me think of this draft.

Users who are viewing this thread