What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

woot.com (1 Viewer)

Does meh.com only have one item for sale per day? All I see on the site is the knife and the forum. No links to any other merchandise?
Yeah I think it's more like woot was when it started. One thing per day when it's gone it's gone.
Well, the website seems to be named appropriately. Meh was what I thought when I went to it.
Man, I bet they never even considered that the name could be turned around on them like that. Too funny!

Does meh.com only have one item for sale per day? All I see on the site is the knife and the forum. No links to any other merchandise?
Yeah I think it's more like woot was when it started. One thing per day when it's gone it's gone.
Well, the website seems to be named appropriately. Meh was what I thought when I went to it.
Man, I bet they never even considered that the name could be turned around on them like that. Too funny!
I think they kinda did.

Q: What’s the story here?A: Two or three internets ago, a few of us opened a weird site selling one thing a day, a bit of a side project for our staid wholesale business. It grew and a community formed around it. Can we turn back the clock and capture past glory or has the world moved on?

Q: Meh? Why meh?A: Meh.

Q: What?A: As in Meh, we’re a retail store. Look, there’s probably at least occasionally a good deal, but don’t expect us to hype it up. Consider Meh our shared mantra.

Q: No, really, why would I buy something I thought was meh?A: Hell, we’re the ones dumping this crap so don’t look at us. Maybe you feel like buying something, anything, will help your miserable existence. Who are we to judge?

the guy who started the original woot sold out to amazon. Amazon changed the site to have all these different verticals and specialty sites. I don't think its working out super well. So the orig owner of woot, started meh trying to recapture that 'deal a day' audience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they kinda did.
:mellow:

I think they kinda did.

Q: What’s the story here?A: Two or three internets ago, a few of us opened a weird site selling one thing a day, a bit of a side project for our staid wholesale business. It grew and a community formed around it. Can we turn back the clock and capture past glory or has the world moved on?

Q: Meh? Why meh?A: Meh.

Q: What?A: As in Meh, we’re a retail store. Look, there’s probably at least occasionally a good deal, but don’t expect us to hype it up. Consider Meh our shared mantra.

Q: No, really, why would I buy something I thought was meh?A: Hell, we’re the ones dumping this crap so don’t look at us. Maybe you feel like buying something, anything, will help your miserable existence. Who are we to judge?

the guy who started the original woot sold out to amazon. Amazon changed the site to have all these different verticals and specialty sites. I don't think its working out super well. So the orig owner of woot, started meh trying to recapture that 'deal a day' audience.
Same humor as the old Woot

:lol:

I love the idea but hate the interface. Maybe it's just that my (work) Explorer 8 and (work) Blackberry aren't on the cutting edge, but meh.com freezes up and takes a long time to load, zoom in, click the "meh" button, etc. I don't love that.

I'm pretty shocked that Amazon didn't make them sign a non-compete that would prevent them from creating another similar site.

I'm pretty shocked that Amazon didn't make them sign a non-compete that would prevent them from creating another similar site.
I think it's been a few years since the buyout. Pretty sure you can't make a non-compete indefinite. They're hard enough to enforce even for a specified period of time. So maybe they waited until the agreed upon time period was up and then started the new site?

I like the map showing where people are buying this crap. It's obviously highly correlated to population, but not completely unworthy of analysis. For example, more down comfortors in colder areas. More knifes around Michigan for Urban Survival.

I like the map showing where people are buying this crap. It's obviously highly correlated to population, but not completely unworthy of analysis. For example, more down comfortors in colder areas. More knifes around Michigan for Urban Survival.
The WTF North Dakota thread is good times.

I've been checking in on meh daily and although I haven't ordered anything so far I must say that the prices do remind me of old school woot. They even link to Amazon to make it easy to compare price & read reviews. So far am liking this site, if only it weren't so slow and glitchy...

I've been checking in on meh daily and although I haven't ordered anything so far I must say that the prices do remind me of old school woot. They even link to Amazon to make it easy to compare price & read reviews. So far am liking this site, if only it weren't so slow and glitchy...
I bought the head phones from yesterday

I bought the head phones from yesterday
Just got this email from meh :lmao:

Hey there Mehtizen,

Good news. We hope.

Remember that Razer Tiamat 2.2 Gaming Headset you ordered from Meh? By now, you may have noticed that we sent you the wrong headset. Haven't gotten it yet? Well when it comes in it'll be the wrong one.

So here's the deal: we're still going to send you the right headset, and you can keep the wrong one. You deserve it after what we've put you through. And taking this punishment is the only way we're going to learn.

For more info and updates about this mess, check out the forum thread. The headset you originally ordered will be on its way shortly. We'll update your order page with the correct tracking info as soon as we have it.

In the meantime, do whatever you want with the other one. Use it. Trade it. Chop it for parts. Maybe wait a little while to sell it on eBay, though. There will probably be a glut of them soon.

Tell your friends: when you shop at Meh, you might just get lucky and have us fumble your order! SCORE!

Sorry for our mistake and the delay in getting you the right headset -

Meh

I ordered the four lightning cables for $10+$5 shipping today.

love to have a few extra ones for around the living room and in my travel bag etc.

very tempted to buy this blender

https://meh.com/

very tempted to buy this blender

https://meh.com/
I have one, it's a great blender. That price isn't fantastic but it is fine. I've found them on sale for $100 before.
I have one, it's a great blender. That price isn't fantastic but it is fine. I've found them on sale for $100 before.
$100 is a good price, but it seems odd that they won't post the numbers of amps (the most important indicator of power).

I've been waiting for a deal on a cordless phone set for months now. It seems like Woot used to have a 4 handset deal for $40 every couple of weeks. :hot:

Ordered a few of these bluetooth speakers at "meh", good Xmas gift for teens..

I know it doesn't mean much but I like their order interface. Pretty sleek and efficient.

I know it doesn't mean much but I like their order interface. Pretty sleek and efficient.
This means a LOT to me... I'm a big UX junkie and streamlined transaction process will get me coming back to a website again and again

Users who are viewing this thread