What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst team in NFL (1 Viewer)

Worst team in the NFL is.... (besides Miami)

• Lions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rams

• Chiefs

• Falcons

• Browns

• Bengals

• Texans

• Other

• Total voters
The Chiefs, easily. The Rams are awful, too, but at least they didn't lose by 15 at home to a team that most would put in the bottom five, and that also has a lame duck head coach.

cincy is horrible. even palmer looks horrible. and chad johnson is still more concerned with getting ocho cinco on his jersey. :mellow:

Seven teams mentioned and not one of them is the Dolphins. Doesn't seem like the Dolphins have improved, either, but the rest of the bottom feeders have regressed below sea level.

Kansas City Chiefs

Pretty much rock bottom losing by 15 to the lowly Oakland Raiders @ Arrowhead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted Rams because they have no O-line or defense but for the Bengals and Browns to have the offensive talent that they do and both be performing so sub-par I'd vote each of them as most disappointing.

The Lions and Falcons have some hope, it seems.

The Texans could be okay. We only saw them in one game and that was against the Steelers (who are one of the best this year).

The Bengals, Chiefs, and Rams are all horrible.

The Browns are a huge question mark. Are they struggling because they played Dallas and Pitt or are they just bad? I have a feeling that anyone expecting what we saw last year will be miserably disappointed.

The Dolphins may be decent with noodle arm on the bench. Henne or Beck HAVE to be more productive than that guy. I know Parcells like him, but come on, he cannot throw the ball more than 15 yards.

The Lions and Falcons have some hope, it seems.

The Texans could be okay. We only saw them in one game and that was against the Steelers (who are one of the best this year).

The Bengals, Chiefs, and Rams are all horrible.

The Browns are a huge question mark. Are they struggling because they played Dallas and Pitt or are they just bad? I have a feeling that anyone expecting what we saw last year will be miserably disappointed.

The Dolphins may be decent with noodle arm on the bench. Henne or Beck HAVE to be more productive than that guy. I know Parcells like him, but come on, he cannot throw the ball more than 15 yards.
:rolleyes: Texans, Lions, Falcons, Browns & Dolphins are all teams with pieces to be optimistic about, and hope for better days ahead.

Out of the three horrible teams on the short list:

The Bengals ownership and lack of a GM is their issue, but as far as the team goes, they do have talent.

The Rams have less talent than the Bengals, but they still have some ability on their roster. Coaching is their problem. They've been crushed by the Giants and Eagles, but at least those teams are decent.

That leaves the Chiefs. Outside of Gonzo (maybe Bowe or LJ), they don't have much. Edwards is rotating QB's. OL is awful. They just got throttled by a dysfunctional Oakland franchise. Of all the teams in the league, Kansas City is in the worst shape, for the near and long term.

i would have said Oakland after week 1 by a mile...but St. Louis was my pick before then...and now I think after that disaster yesterday i have to say the Chiefs. They look BAD. losing to Oakland when Jamarcus throws for 55!!! yards is insane. at home no less. just bad bad bad.

All of a sudden that insane value I got for LJ at 2.8 ain't looking so insane anymore :lol:

What a sad year to live in Missouri. I am a huge chiefs fan and after yesturday. I voted for them. I like allot of there players but am starting to hate herm.

I don't think the Browns are as bad as the Rams, Lions, Chiefs and Bengals but starting 0-2 at home is a brutal start.

The Texans don't belong on this list. They lost to the Steelers who are probbably the best team in the AFC.

The Texans don't belong on this list. They lost to the Steelers who are probbably the best team in the AFC.
:)at worst the Texans will finish 7-9. Thats pretty good considering who you are comparing them to.

The Browns have lost to 2 teams who won their divisions last year - admittedly at home, but still - two good teams.

I was happily surprised not to see my Seahawks among the choices - maybe having more WR's hurt than most teams carry got them some pity.

Voted for the Rams, because I've seen both of their games, and the Eagles game wasn't as close as the score indicated, nor was the second one.

I'd say the Chiefs by far. They likely all ready played thier best game of the year just by keeping up with New England, they may not top that.

The Rams look the worst, but they played 2 playoff teams in my opinion, its not like they got dominated by Oakland or something. Same for Cleveland.

The Lions don't look like they can stop anything, but their offense is too good to lump them in despite their poor start. Atlanta too.

How the Texans are on this list is baffling. Wouldn't be shocked if they were playoff contenders.

Nice to see a list like this without Oakland being on it for once. It's a start....
It's like saying that Kirbati has a larger GDP than Tuvalu.
Oakland 1-1Minnesota 0-2
Oakland beat KC.Minnesota lost to GB and Indy.

But point taken. I'd put Minnesota's "GDP" at somewhere near Vanuatu.
And let's not forget about Super Bowl XI. Sammy White still can't sit in a bright room.

I'm not sure that KC is definitely the single worst team in then NFL, but any team that gets thumped by Oakland has some serious problems.

The Raiders, Cardinals and Bengals are some of the most poorly run franchises in professional sports. As an honorable mention I'll throw in the Lions, their loyalty to Millen basically handcuffs them to failure. When they finally wise up and dump him I think the owner at least will put forth the effort to win.

Mike Brown and the Bengals on the other hand will simply do as little as possible and collect his CBA check. They dumbed into a good Marvin Lewis for a couple seasons, but they'll never put the effort into winning that needs to be. The Cardinals are right there with him. They try a little harder though.

Then the Raiders. Al Davis simply has that team in a nose dive. He's willing to spend the money to win, but he's like that fantasy owner who only drafts guys he recognizes that were good 4 years ago. You know your franchise is in trouble when you have a hard time getting coaches to come in for an interview, let alone take the job.

All of the other teams I believe at least have the ownership to right their respective ships. The ones listed above, I see no silver lining. They will suck indefinitely.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Lions, hands down.

Not for lack of talent, but for the simple fact that no team is better at finding ways to lose.

So winning against the Chiefs means Oakland isn't a part of this list?? Really??
i didn't even notice they weren't on it since i voted Cheifs :Xfrankly, I don't think the Lions, Browns, or Houston should be on this list at all. The bottom four are easily Rams, Chiefs, Raiders, and Miami. from there it's a crapshoot of 5-11 to 8-8 teams in the next 12 or so. Neither of those four will sniff 5 wins and will be battling for the #1 pick. I think it ends up1. Chiefs2. Rams3. Raiders4. Miami5-16 (In no particular order)SFJetsLionsBearsAtlantaTampaWashingtonArizonaClevelandCincinatti HoustonBaltimore

Rams >>>>> Chiefs >>>> Raiders > SEAHAWKS > Dolphins
The more I think about it, had to add the Seahawks. An average team would have beat them by 4 TDs yesterday, and they got blown out by an above average Bill squad.Its sad watching a pro like Hasselback struggle with this squad.

First off, I did the poll for fun and never thought to make it a true measuring device

Personally I feel HOU is overhyped this year and 6-10 will be a push.

Atlanta is really bad too, Lions make anyone look like world beaters

Cleveland/Seattle seem destined to the biggest under achievers of the year

Cincy and Jacksonville could also be in the underachieving race.

Vikes look like an 8-8 team

Miami still holds the tarnished crown in my view

Rams O-line is fubared. Bulger will be lucky to see Wk 6

Should have done a poll about Al Davis, Millen and the Bungles org :goodposting:

I think Herman Edwards is a really good person.[/voted for Chiefs]
He's the type of coach you'd like to have a beer with.As bad as the Chiefs looked, they are still no Dolphins. They can't run, they can't pass, they can't stop the run or the pass, besides that they're doing OK. With Pennington behind center, opposing D's can put 8 in the box and still be in coverage. The reports of Ricky Williams' resurgence were countered by a signed contract, and Ronnie Brown needs holes to run in, corners to cut up.

Got to consider the Seahawks here. Losing to a Niner team at home is a bad sign. It's not like the Niners played a flawless game to win. They made a ton of mistakes and STILL beat the Seahawks on their home turf. Plus, they got absolutely pounded by the Bills in the opener.

Will be interesting when Seattle plays the Rams..........

Users who are viewing this thread