What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (2 Viewers)

Maybe, maybe I’m misremember or misinterpreting things. I do recall Bouchette reporting on AB’s disappearance in camp last year (2018) after having a report in ‘17 about something goofy Brown did. It was widely dismissed by the fan base, including myself, just a sour grapes reporter who had been bad mouthed by Brown. 
Yep. The dots were always there, at least locally, if one chose to look for them, but most didn't care because of what AB brought on the field. I know of at least one local reporter who was anti-Brown (and Bell for that matter) years before anything blew up. Nothing really made it nationally, though, which is why the national media pinned the AB-Steelers breakup on Ben.

I drafted him last week at 3.04 in Summerpalooza (taking place in the FFA right now). At the time, I thought the helmet stuff was just going to be a speed bump once he found a newer model of the one he likes. Yikes.

Is anybody drafting this dude in redraft?  I cannot imagine picking him before the 3rd now. 
4th or later I would probably grab him, even in the 4th I'd have to think about it.  That said someone will take him long before that.   Like another poster said think about where this goes when the raiders are 2-7 and he's sitting on 2-3 TD's

from what I’ve seen, players aren’t exactly buying into Shouty McGrudenpants brand of coaching. He just did a yelly presser where he red face screamed “I just want to see a little f*****g effort!” 

That doesn’t bode well regardless. 
I wasnt sure if I was projecting while watching Hard Knocks (I never liked the locker room atmosphere)...

....but Gruden seems out of place when I watch...people dont seem to really feel comfortable around him.  

Not in a "better be nice to boss so I dont get fired", but in a "this guy is an idiot" sort of way.

I wasnt sure if I was projecting while watching Hard Knocks (I never liked the locker room atmosphere)...

....but Gruden seems out of place when I watch...people dont seem to really feel comfortable around him.  

Not in a "better be nice to boss so I dont get fired", but in a "this guy is an idiot" sort of way.
 I really have the feeling that the game has passed him by and he no longer relates to players as a coach.

It may also be that during his time as an analyst he said things about players that cheesed them off. 

We’ll see what happens when the games count, but I kind of feel like Gruden is out of his league at this point 

UNDISPUTED @undisputed

"Like my momma used to say, 'What's done in the dark, will come into the light.' Right now, I believe you're starting to see what may have been happening in the dark in Pittsburgh coming into the light. ... [Antonio Brown] was given a lot of privileges." —

@jharrison9292

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

Raiders coach Jon Gruden was asked if Antonio Brown showing means he's all-in, smiled and responded, "Is that some sort of joke? Yeah, he's in, all-in, that's what he said." On the kind of helmet Brown's wearing, Gruden said, "It's a certified helmet. He's all-in, ready to go."

BetQL @betqlapp

Oakland Raiders receiver Antonio Brown is being sued by a chef for allegedly not paying up on a $38,000 bill back in January 2018.

How many more problems is Antonio Brown going to have?

Over/Under 3.5

#NFL #Sportsbetting

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

Raiders coach Jon Gruden was asked if Antonio Brown showing means he's all-in, smiled and responded, "Is that some sort of joke? Yeah, he's in, all-in, that's what he said." On the kind of helmet Brown's wearing, Gruden said, "It's a certified helmet. He's all-in, ready to go."
I cant help but read this in a frank caliendo Gruden voice :lol:

In fact, any quote of grudens I read in that voice

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Source: The hearing in front of an arbitrator for #Raiders WR Antonio Brown’s second helmet grievance against the NFL is likely to be Friday. So there should be a timely resolution.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Raiders WR Antonio Brown wore a Schutt Vengeance Z10 LTD helmet today in practice, per source. It is among the 34 helmets approved for use after the NFL-NFLPA laboratory tests were conducted early this year and sent to players in April. It’s in the green grouping of helmets.

So, AB is sitting there in the fifth round and you pass?

come on man.  He’s a steal in the third. Robbery in the fourth.  Fifth?  Lol.  
If he were still a steeler, sure. He’s a steal in the 3rd. 

But he’s a raider, and he’s a nut. So he’s a steal in the 4th or 5th, he’s maybe a value in the 3rd. He’s a reach in the 2nd.

@SharpFootball

SOS (Win Totals) tool, there's a good chance the #Raiders start the season 1-6:

Two back-to-back road games (Weeks 2-3, 7-8)

4-of-7 games come against projected "top-10 teams"

6-of-7 teams have a win total at 8.5 or higher

If he were still a steeler, sure. He’s a steal in the 3rd. 

But he’s a raider, and he’s a nut. So he’s a steal in the 4th or 5th, he’s maybe a value in the 3rd. He’s a reach in the 2nd.
If he was Steeler he’d be a lock for top 10 production (as a floor).    

Interesting take coming from a guy who is a Carr defender. ;)  

You may be right.  But I would bet he finishes top 10 WR this year if he plays every week.   They will feed him targets.  

We are talking about the best wr talent in the league.  It is pre-season.  

This is all noise right now.  

@SharpFootball

SOS (Win Totals) tool, there's a good chance the #Raiders start the season 1-6:

Two back-to-back road games (Weeks 2-3, 7-8)

4-of-7 games come against projected "top-10 teams"

6-of-7 teams have a win total at 8.5 or higher
Excellent. That means 4th quarter garbage points galore for AB as they air it out to catch up.

I think I should change my dynasty team name to "drama". Luck at QB and his injury drama. AB and his drama. And in the off-season with Tyreek and his drama which unfortunately I overreacted to and sold dirt cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he was Steeler he’d be a lock for top 10 production (as a floor).    

Interesting take coming from a guy who is a Carr defender. ;)  
I hate you sooooooooo much for that. :lol:  

You may be right.  But I would bet he finishes top 10 WR this year if he plays every week.   They will feed him targets.  

We are talking about the best wr talent in the league.  It is pre-season.  

This is all noise right now.  
I dunno man. There’s smoke & Fire here. This second grievance isn’t just a red flag. It’s like there was a BOGO sale at the red flag store. 

I hate you sooooooooo much for that. :lol:  

I dunno man. There’s smoke & Fire here. This second grievance isn’t just a red flag. It’s like there was a BOGO sale at the red flag store. 
Lol.

Maybe.  

AB will be on the field opening day.  The raiders are built for drama.  And he is a transcendent talent.   

Im buying in the third.  

tangfoot said:
Gruden and AB are laughing like those guys in Goodfellas all week long when the cameras aren't rolling.
Yes, I’m sure this is exactly what Gruden envisioned in making his triumphant return to the nfl. 

tangfoot said:
Gruden and AB are laughing like those guys in Goodfellas all week long when the cameras aren't rolling.
I don’t know about “laughing”.   But needing to win, above all else in a 16 game season, sharpens the mind.  

And the Raiders aren’t winning #### without AB being a big part of what they do. 

And, if there is any WR in the league that can blow smoke all preseason and then show up and produce, it is AB.   

Im buying in the third.  

Warren Sharp @SharpFootball

AB never played on a NFL team that finished below .500. In his last 5 seasons, PIT was never more than 1 game below .500 at any point in a season. In those 5 years, they were below .500 only 4 times total. The 2019 Raiders are favored in 3 games & are projected to win 6.

tangfoot said:
This is what I've been saying. It's a brilliant diversion. Or they're just both batty.

UNDISPUTED @undisputed

"Like my momma used to say, 'What's done in the dark, will come into the light.' Right now, I believe you're starting to see what may have been happening in the dark in Pittsburgh coming into the light. ... [Antonio Brown] was given a lot of privileges." —

@jharrison9292
James Harrison was one of the problems in Pittsburgh...

Warren Sharp @SharpFootball

AB never played on a NFL team that finished below .500. In his last 5 seasons, PIT was never more than 1 game below .500 at any point in a season. In those 5 years, they were below .500 only 4 times total. The 2019 Raiders are favored in 3 games & are projected to win 6.
I go back and forth on how I think Brown is going to take losing.  He isn't used to losing often and being out of playoff contention in Oct.   And, there is no doubt that the Raiders are losing more than they win games.  Does he really care about winning that much?  He left one of the few winning organizations.   Brown seems more concerned about stats and money.  I'm more concerned that he finds a way off the field due to lack of quality targets and TDs.   How is he going to feel if JuJu has a bunch of TDs by week 6 while he has one?    Maybe garbage time stats will be enough to keep him on the field.  

Users who are viewing this thread