What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Corey Davis, Retired (8 Viewers)

Despite what was reported Saleh said about him making the team, I think he was in serious consideration of being cut and decided to go out on his own terms before the axe fell.

Despite what was reported Saleh said about him making the team, I think he was in serious consideration of being cut and decided to go out on his own terms before the axe fell.
Just like at the end of Young Guns. Nice.
What a cast in that one.

So anyway, I was standing there waiting to use the payphone and this guy turns around and tips his hat. And who do you think that guy was?

Wasted a #1 on him in one league. Could have had Fournette (not the greatest pick as it turned out but better than Davis), CMC, Dalvin, or Mixon instead. Unfortunately that was a year no one wanted to trade up because it was such a solid top group (also Mike Williams.) Went with the whole “build your team with WR’s for their longevity” advice that gets thrown out all the time but rarely works out how we hope in practice. Thankfully traded him away before the bottom fell out.

Jets released WR Corey Davis from the reserve/retired list.
Confusingly, this is actually Davis’ necessary first step toward a comeback, one that could reportedly see him re-sign with the Jets. The news comes the same day the Jets leaked their intention to trade Allen Lazard, so perhaps there’s legs here. Still somehow only 29 years old, Davis could be a decent role-playing No. 3 wideout on the boundary.
- Rich Cimini, Twitter

Users who are viewing this thread