What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Davante Parker, PHI (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member

Eagles and former Patriots WR DeVante Parker reached agreement on a 1-year, $4.69 million fully guaranteed deal, of which Philadelphia has to pay only $1.2 million, with New England paying the rest. “DeVante is thrilled and grateful to become a Philadelphia Eagle and to help this elite organization win a championship,” said Parker’s agent Jimmy Gould.

Forgot to post this the other day, per Warren Sapp on X . . .

"Pretty wild DeVante Parker stat. His WR separation ranking using Next Gen Stats player tracking data:

2022: #122 out of 122 WRs
2021: #127 out of 127 WRs
2020: #132 out of 132 WRs"

You would think that a couple of times a defender might have fallen down or the defense only had 10 guys on the field so one year he might have been able to sneak in as SECOND to last. Nope. Didn't happen. That would explain why he didn't see a lot of targets in New England.

"Pretty wild DeVante Parker stat. His WR separation ranking using Next Gen Stats player tracking data:

You would think that a couple of times a defender might have fallen down or the defense only had 10 guys on the field so one year he might have been able to sneak in as SECOND to last. Nope. Didn't happen. That would explain why he didn't see a lot of targets in New England.
Sounds like he was officially mailing it in and collecting checks.

I don't know how much training and conditioning I would need, but I am fairly confident with enough practice and a little motivation, I could rank dead last in separation and take that title away from Parker.

It's a pretty bad sign for your career prospects when the Patriots, who need all the help they can get at WR, decide they'd rather pay for you to play elsewhere. Maybe playing for a better offense will get Parker back on track but I wouldn't hold my breath. At least it won't cost the Eagles much to find out, and he's merely there for depth.

I don't know how much training and conditioning I would need, but I am fairly confident with enough practice and a little motivation, I could rank dead last in separation and take that title away from Parker.
It is always possible he was on acid the whole time and thought he was a corner.

Users who are viewing this thread