What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (6 Viewers)

Updating an earlier item, Josh Gordon's reinstatement hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.

It makes it less likely that Gordon's rights are traded ahead of Tuesday's deadline, but it's still a possibility. It's also possible Gordon is simply waived upon reinstatement, though the receiver-desperate Browns may think twice about that.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Does Goodell have 60 days after the hearing to decide if he'll let Gordon back in or will that decision be made on Wednesday? If he's let back in is he subject to a four game suspension?

Does Goodell have 60 days after the hearing to decide if he'll let Gordon back in or will that decision be made on Wednesday? If he's let back in is he subject to a four game suspension?
My understanding is Goodell can take as long as he'd like to decide. I don't remember the name but there's one dude that's been waiting for three years.

davearm said:
My understanding is Goodell can take as long as he'd like to decide. I don't remember the name but there's one dude that's been waiting for three years.
But they want a decision right away when they are waiting - Zeke Elliott.

I just wanna know why the hell he waited so long to apply for reinstatement. I mean, the day after the trade deadline? It's almost as if he wants to be a Brown...

I just wanna know why the hell he waited so long to apply for reinstatement. I mean, the day after the trade deadline? It's almost as if he wants to be a Brown...
We have no idea what information and directives have gone back and forth. Maybe the league said he couldn’t do anything until November 1st. 

We have no idea what information and directives have gone back and forth. Maybe the league said he couldn’t do anything until November 1st. 
We also don't know if he has actually applied weeks ago for reinstatement and is heading to NY for the decision on something he applied for back in September.

That's very unlikely. Someone would have leaked this. 
Fair enough and not going to go around and around but not how I see it.  Goodell has taken weeks to make reinstatement decisions in the past, I just don't think that this happens in one meeting so if he's going to NY to get Goodell's decision I think he already applied. That's my best guess, but I sure think it's possible for him to apply and it not be leaked, especially if Gordon was not wanting it leaked.

Fair enough and not going to go around and around but not how I see it.  Goodell has taken weeks to make reinstatement decisions in the past, I just don't think that this happens in one meeting so if he's going to NY to get Goodell's decision I think he already applied. That's my best guess, but I sure think it's possible for him to apply and it not be leaked, especially if Gordon was not wanting it leaked.
am a bit confused on the whole timeline so it's certainly possible or maybe even Goodell committed to an expedited reinstatement process if Gordon satisfied whatever requirements he had for him (like 3 months of rehab and X amount of days clean or something). I wouldn't be totally shocked if my phone alerts me this afternoon that Gordon has been awarded full reinstatement immediately. 

Not expecting it but it wouldn't shock me. 

Are you questioning Gordon's thoughtfulness and foresight? How dare you!
I think he has 60 days from reinstatement to render a ruling.

Last time he applied they reported he applied first few days in March. The news that he was not getting reinstated did not break until May 11th, so a little over 60 days.

Mary Kay Cabot had reported earlier that he was given a date in September he could apply, I think a specific date she provided, want to say Sept. 23rd but don't quote me on that.

That timeframe makes sense to me based on Goodell's history that he might have already applied. I find that scenario more likely than fact Goodell took his full 60 days last time and this time will render a decision on the spot but that's just a connect the dots guess.

I wonder if the zeke suspension would influence the Gordon decision in any way?

Goddell is a blowhard but maybe letting JG play again balances out Zeke sitting in his perception of the public eye?

Not a good week with my NE and Pittsburgh studs on bye... Does he outperform Willie "I suck and don't play anyway" Snead and his ZERO points a game this week? ;)

Added him (again).  Dropped someone with low fantasy production. It's like buying a powerball lottery ticket.  Not expecting to win...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've since moved on, but another patsy in my league has taken up the Josh Gordon obsession and has since added and dropped three times.

As I see it:

1. He must have applied for reinstatement, as he is in NY today supposedly at the league office.  Or at the very least, he's talking to them about reapplying.

2. If reinstated, he either gets cut or he remains a Brown.

3. It probably takes him a couple weeks to practice and learn the playbook with whatever team he is going to. 

The big questions is, if he does get reinstated, is he still slapped with a 4 game suspension?

Had a roster spot and was tempted to pick up Gordon on the way, way, way off chance that he sees the field this year and the way, way, wayer off chance that he returns to form on a terrible Browns team.

But opted to pick up Paul Richardson instead.

@AdamSchefter  45s46 seconds ago

More

Browns WR Josh Gordon conditionally reinstated. He’s eligible to practice on November 20th, be on the 53-man roster November 27th.

Users who are viewing this thread