What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Nelson Agholor, BAL (3 Viewers)

Which makes Algohor the 1.07
I'll take Agholor over Perriman.
Was mostly tongue-in-cheek, as day 2 is really when the draft order is determined. The studs are gonna go early, but the tier 2 guys will be based much more on situation. Does DAL take a RB? Could instantly vault to top 5 if so. Yeldon to Atlanta puts him in the discussion for 1.06, but if he goes to BUF he's probably a round 2 flier. Devin Smith could go to Cleveland and not pass Go and not collect $200 or he could end up in Carolina with a lot of potential upside.

Agholor isn't stealing targets from Matthews and Ertz. Perriman has no legit competition.
Give me the guy who can run routes and catch the ball consistently.
Because since Perriman can't do those two things as well, he'll be riding the bench. He won't be getting the opportunity to produce.
What makes you think he'll do better than Torrey Smith in Baltimore?

Agholor isn't stealing targets from Matthews and Ertz. Perriman has no legit competition.
Give me the guy who can run routes and catch the ball consistently.
Because since Perriman can't do those two things as well, he'll be riding the bench. He won't be getting the opportunity to produce.
What makes you think he'll do better than Torrey Smith in Baltimore?
See my answer in the Perriman thread.

Mathews was a second rounder. Agholor is a first rounder. If you think it's going to be the Mathews show much longer, you are probably mistaken.

Seems like the perfect spot for him. I'd have a hard time taking Perriman over him, especially when you look at catching ability and overall team offense.

I don't see Perriman that much different from Torrey Smith in Baltimore's offense. His situation for competition is great but I don't see him producing great numbers. I see getting 60/800/5 type numbers with Flacco.

Agholor > Perriman

I really like Agholor, and I think he's extremely valuable in Chip's offense.

However, I can't help but think of a worst-case scenario for Philly's season where they only win 6-8 games and miss the playoffs which leads to Chip being fired. Agholor would be much less valuable with a new staff. I'm probably overthinking it

However, I can't help but think of a worst-case scenario for Philly's season where they only win 6-8 games and miss the playoffs which leads to Chip being fired. Agholor would be much less valuable with a new staff. I'm probably overthinking it
Chip will not be fired. The only way he's gone is if he chooses. Lurie doesn't fire coaches lightly. Chip will be given a very very long leash.

Chip will not be fired. The only way he's gone is if he chooses. Lurie doesn't fire coaches lightly. Chip will be given a very very long leash.
Exactly. As long as Chip does not literally murder anyone before the end of the season, he will not be fired.

I am surprised no one is really tossing out the idea that Jordan Matthews might be "the guy" there.

Disclaimer: I own Neither. Just thinking aloud as a Shady owner last year that I'm a bit leery investing heavily in Eagles because although the payoff is great, it seems to change on a dime. Shady owners were miffed last year. If you bought Maclin you were happy for a week or so.

To me, it would take an INCREDIBLE talent for me to feel really good about snatching as a long-term dynasty guy.

Matthews is probably the main guy to own, but there's plenty of room for Agholor to have a nice rookie year. He's NFL ready, with better routes than Matthews had coming out. Not quite the size but he separates really well. I expect him to have a similar rookie year to Matthews did.

Matthews is a stud and would have gone in the 1st round this year. Last year's draft was much deeper than this one. So him being a 2nd and Nelson a 1st isn't as big of a deal b/c of that. It might end being a 1a, 1b type of offense that feeds both nicely.

Agholor seems like an exceedingly safe prospect. He has no character issues to speak of and is known as a very diligent worker. He's proven as a capable WR who can run routes and catch effectively. Physically he offers more than enough. And Chip's system will set him up for high floor production (and I would argue a high ceiling too, if Philly can find their qb).

Mathews was a second rounder. Agholor is a first rounder. If you think it's going to be the Mathews show much longer, you are probably mistaken.
Chip wanted Matthews in the 1st last year but management wasnt on board. I wouldnt say draft position dictates how Chip feels about either. I just think JMatt is a better player, but time will tell

Chip wanted Matthews in the 1st last year but management wasnt on board. I wouldnt say draft position dictates how Chip feels about either. I just think JMatt is a better player, but time will tell
Time will tell. Hopefully both can stay healthy.

Rotoworld:

ESPN Eagles reporter Phil Sheridan says it seems "almost 100 percent certain" that Nelson Agholor will start Week 1.

There's plenty that still needs to be sorted out in the Eagles' wideout corps. Will Josh Huff take Riley Cooper's outside role? Will Jordan Matthews move outside more, letting Agholor or Miles Austin come into the slot? Who will be the primary receivers in two-wide sets? But thanks to versatility and need, the one constant will be Agholor, the first-round rookie who is right there with Amari Cooper for fantasy's No. 1 redraft wide receiver.

Related: Jordan Matthews, Josh Huff, Riley Cooper

Source: ESPN.com
May 25 - 8:15 AM

Kevin White gonna surpass Alshon Jeffery as well? Marqise Lee gonna surpass Allen Robinson?

Kevin White gonna surpass Alshon Jeffery as well? Marqise Lee gonna surpass Allen Robinson?
Lee and Robinson were 2nd rounders in the same draft. Not sure I see the comparison...

Jeffery is going into year 4 and has a 1,400 yard season under his belt and over 2,500 yards the past 2 seasons. It would be a massive, massive upset if White out-produced him Year 1.

Agholor vs. Matthews should be a whole lot closer than everyone thinks both short and long-term. Matthews only has a one year head start and his rookie season, while strong, was not one that far exceeded his 2nd round draft position. He met or maybe slightly exceeded expectations.

I think Agholor and Matthews put up similar numbers Year 1, but if you told me that one WR in Philly was going to have a huge year, my money would be on Agholor. There's not a big discrepancy in the measurables but I think Agholor plays faster and will be much more of a big play threat.

I have Agholor as #6 in my rookie rankings but I don't have much of a gap at all between him and #4 (White) and #5 (Parker). If you're sitting at #4/5 and can trade down and still get Agholor, I'd make that trade all day.

Eagles Practice Observations: Agholor impresses; Bradford more mobile; Kiko and Kendricks together

Excerpt:

Nelson Agholor continued to make a strong impression. It should be noted that receivers tend to have the upper hand during spring workouts when defensive backs are restricted, but you can often see whether rookie receivers have at the very least the skills to compete at this level. Agholor clearly does. He’s fast. Not DeSean Jackson fast, but he’s gets down the field in a hurry. He’s athletic. He made several catches when he out-jumped a defender. And he appears to run crisp routes.

On a Matt Barkley pass over the middle, Agholor high-pointed the ball and pulled it in. Later, when Tim Tebow threw a fade to his back shoulder in the end zone, Agholor went up and caught the ball away for his body. The Eagles’ top pick had a good day. It’s just one practice in shorts, but the signs so far suggest he was worth the investment.

Rotoworld:

Philly Mag's Sheil Kapadia reports Eagles first-round WR Nelson Agholor has been "as advertised" during offseason practices.

"Shifty athlete with good hands who plays hard," wrote Kapadia. Agholor has been running with first- and second-team offenses during the spring and seeing time both inside and outside. He can play any of the receiver spots and should jockey with Amari Cooper and others for fantasy's top redraft rookie receiver.

Source: Philly Mag: Birds 24/7
Jun 18 - 2:02 PM

Nelson Agholor, Eric Rowe could start for Philadelphia EaglesExcerpt:

Why Nelson Agholor could start: The Eagles selected the USC wide receiver with the 20th pick in the 2015 draft because Agholor is more polished and more versatile than many of the other players in a strong class for receivers. That decision was prompted by the departure of leading receiver Jeremy Maclin in free agency, a year after the Eagles released their 2013 leading receiver, DeSean Jackson. Lose two Pro Bowl wide receivers and there will be some expectation that a first-round draft pick will be able to step in and play right away. Fortunately for the Eagles, Agholor looked the part during their OTAs and minicamp. He plays fast, catches everything thrown his way and is a precise route runner. Last year, Chip Kelly used rookie Jordan Matthews in the slot while Maclin and Riley Cooper played on the outside. Agholor could start in the slot as well, but the guess here is that he’ll be starting on the outside before Halloween.

'Boys DB Byron Jones: Praise 'shows I'm on right path'

Excerpt:

Eagles receiver Nelson Agholor on what spot he's been playing during practices:

"I play right side outside, right now, but I'm continuing to learn conceptually the whole deal, because that is how we work here. It's by formation and different people will be in different formations. And that's how we sugar coat what we do...That's just the game of football nowadays. It's about window dressing some of your staple concepts and that's what we'll do."

'Boys DB Byron Jones: Praise 'shows I'm on right path'

Excerpt:

Eagles receiver Nelson Agholor on what spot he's been playing during practices:

"I play right side outside, right now, but I'm continuing to learn conceptually the whole deal, because that is how we work here. It's by formation and different people will be in different formations. And that's how we sugar coat what we do...That's just the game of football nowadays. It's about window dressing some of your staple concepts and that's what we'll do."
I don't what he got on the Wonderlic but this is very bright kid. Disappointed I didn't have the picks to get him in any leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread