What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (3 Viewers)

He looked like Landry does, except Diggs ran some deeper routes. Looked pretty good to my eyes, glad my claims got him in my 2 dyno leagues.

I want to roster this dude in redraft, but I can't get past the feeling it'd be a total waste of FAAB $ (we don't do free waivers) & roster spot. The Vikings throw very little, Wallace/Johnson/Rudolph in line for looks, and I have not been at all impressed by Teddy the few times I've watched him this year. Diggs clearly has mad talent. His situation this year just doesn't look very good to me.

I want to roster this dude in redraft, but I can't get past the feeling it'd be a total waste of FAAB $ (we don't do free waivers) & roster spot. The Vikings throw very little, Wallace/Johnson/Rudolph in line for looks, and I have not been at all impressed by Teddy the few times I've watched him this year. Diggs clearly has mad talent. His situation this year just doesn't look very good to me.
I feel the same exact way. Luckily free waivers for me, but with the way Teddy is playing I'm not sure Diggs is worth adding over some of the better options on the wire.

Not that this changes the dynamic on Diggs, but it's the Viking's horrible offensive line, not Teddy Bridgewater, that's the issue.

Wouldn't the horrible oline help the quick passes to diggs. Isn't diggs a slot receiver anyways so Wallace and Johnson being out wouldn't affect him no?

I meant to put this together earlier since I was interested. Here are all his targets from week 4.

I came away impressed at what he was able to do vs. Talib, Harris and Roby. He showed good long speed and the ability to make some pretty tough catches. The only real blemish was he seemed to have a little trouble holding onto the ball/with drops.

It's probably been echoed in this thread already, I like what I see but I hate the team/situation.

I'm biased but I LOVE everything about this kid. Diggs was one of the few bright spots of the, thankfully just concluded, Edsall era at the Univ. of MD. IMO would have been drafted in the first 2 rounds had injuries and playing with terrible QBs in a terribly run program not derailed his last 2 years.

Dynamic playmaking ability and brings the tools to the table to develop into a complete WR. Draft profiles tended to limit his ceiling to a slot WR but I think he could play on the outside as well.

Don't like what I've seen of Vikings offense or Bridgewater this year but did just pick up Diggs in my 14 team redraft and think he has decent short term appeal with potential to develop into a very good NFL WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Norv said we should absolutely expect diggs to start this week. Choo choo!
I have been looking for anything said by the coaches in regards to this but nothing like this has been said by Norv that I have heard.

He said he was impressed with Diggs play against Denver after saying that Diggs had a very good training camp and preseason. That does not mean to me that Diggs will now be a starter moving forward.

In Mondays press conference with Mike Zimmer, when he is asked about Diggs the only thing he mentions is that Diggs put the ball on the ground. Twice. Zimmer did not seem very amicable at all when he talked to the press on Monday.

Zimmer when asked about Johnson and Wallace missing practice said they would see the injury report on Wed. He was not going to give any further information before this time.

My view is that Diggs should play more. However Wright is healthy and practiced so I would expect him to play as well. Diggs would get more opportunity if Wallace and Johnson cannot play, but either of them coming back healthy along with Wright could limit Diggs opportunities, but I would at least expect Diggs to be active and get some playing time, even if all of the WR are now healthy, unlike the first 3 games of the season.

Norv said we should absolutely expect diggs to start this week. Choo choo!
I have been looking for anything said by the coaches in regards to this but nothing like this has been said by Norv that I have heard.

He said he was impressed with Diggs play against Denver after saying that Diggs had a very good training camp and preseason. That does not mean to me that Diggs will now be a starter moving forward.

In Mondays press conference with Mike Zimmer, when he is asked about Diggs the only thing he mentions is that Diggs put the ball on the ground. Twice. Zimmer did not seem very amicable at all when he talked to the press on Monday.

Zimmer when asked about Johnson and Wallace missing practice said they would see the injury report on Wed. He was not going to give any further information before this time.

My view is that Diggs should play more. However Wright is healthy and practiced so I would expect him to play as well. Diggs would get more opportunity if Wallace and Johnson cannot play, but either of them coming back healthy along with Wright could limit Diggs opportunities, but I would at least expect Diggs to be active and get some playing time, even if all of the WR are now healthy, unlike the first 3 games of the season.
It looks like for this week Wallace and Johnson are still very much in question. It's super early and this won't shake out until later in the week but of course waivers process tonight so we don't have the luxury of waiting. The real reason I'm intrigued is due to the match-up this week. KC has allowed the most PPG (36.4) to WRs this year. If he starts once again due to injuries and draws ~10 targets in this match-up I think he has to enter WR3 territory, much like Marquess Wilson last week (6/85/1).

With the bye week, not too much attention on Diggs.

What are people thinking of Diggs' prospects the rest of this season and beyond? Seems like a crowded group and not exactly the most pass-friendly offense.

FWIW Wallace and Charles Johnson didn't practice yesterday even after the bye week rest. http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/15785/mike-wallace-charles-johnson-not-practicing-on-monday
A Monday practice for a Sunday game is utterly irrelevant.

Mike Wallace says Vikings rookie wide receiver Stefon Diggs can be better than him

By Chris Tomasson

ctomasson@pioneerpress.com

“He could be better than me,’’ said Wallace, a seven-year veteran. “He’s young. When I came in (with Pittsburgh in 2009), I was playing well as a young guy, but I had one assignment: Beat them deep. Diggs is already running the full route treatment from Day 1.’’

Wallace raved about Diggs’ debut.

“He’s a baller, man,’’ said Wallace, who had eight catches against the Broncos for 83 yards and a touchdown. “I see it in him, man. He’s a young player, but I’m excited for him. He just has that quick twitch muscle when he gets the ball. He can always do something with it. Great hands. Great route running. He’s a gamer, man. … I have complete confidence in him. He did a great job. He just has got to protect the ball.’’

Coming out of Maryland, Diggs wasn’t selected until the fifth round of last spring’s draft. Having watched him since May, Wallace compared Diggs to Pittsburgh star Antonio Brown, who was a sixth-round pick in 2010 and last year led the NFL with 129 catches and 1,698 receiving yards.

“When I first got here, he reminded me of Antonio,’’ said Wallace, Brown’s teammate for three seasons. “I still stand by that, how quick he is and his motor and the routes he runs and just the way he prepares himself, man. He’s got so much energy and I love that. He can’t sit down. He’s always going full speed.’’
Pressed on the subject, Wallace didn’t back down. He said, “Yes, I think (Diggs) can be better than me.’’

Last edited by a moderator:
Man after reading all that I'm really tempted to drop Marquess Wilson for him. This kid could be the real deal, just tough to trust Teddy right now.

Man I am tempted. Problem with my league is we are limited to just 3 add/drops per week. Have yet to make one, trying to decide if I should drop Richard Rodgers. Carrying 2 TE may not make a lot of sense but our league has deep benches. I lose Olsen and I'm scraping.

What are people thinking of Diggs' prospects the rest of this season and beyond? Seems like a crowded group and not exactly the most pass-friendly offense.

FWIW Wallace and Charles Johnson didn't practice yesterday even after the bye week rest. http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/15785/mike-wallace-charles-johnson-not-practicing-on-monday
A Monday practice for a Sunday game is utterly irrelevant.
after a bye week?

Man after reading all that I'm really tempted to drop Marquess Wilson for him. This kid could be the real deal, just tough to trust Teddy right now.
That's where you probably have to draw a demarcation line between redraft and dynasty. Short term prospects may be limited, but if you look beyond this year his value looks more interesting.

That's where you probably have to draw a demarcation line between redraft and dynasty. Short term prospects may be limited, but if you look beyond this year his value looks more interesting.
Yeah exactly. He's already owned in my dynasty league. Just tough to add him in a 10 team redraft right now.

I meant to put this together earlier since I was interested. Here are all his targets from week 4.

I came away impressed at what he was able to do vs. Talib, Harris and Roby. He showed good long speed and the ability to make some pretty tough catches. The only real blemish was he seemed to have a little trouble holding onto the ball/with drops.

It's probably been echoed in this thread already, I like what I see but I hate the team/situation.
Thank you so much for these videos, theyre extremely helpful.

Charles Johnson returned to practice today, Wallace did not. Wallace was sporting a brace on his left knee while doing some light running.

Charles Johnson returned to practice today, Wallace did not. Wallace was sporting a brace on his left knee while doing some light running.
Adam Caplan tweeted how Johnson's rib injury is quite painful
I'm fixated on this match-up and the potential start for Diggs but it also occurred to me that without Charles it's unlikely KC actually pressures MIN to throw. They've just been so very very bad this year.
Their pass D is terrible. Teams would throw for 400 per game if they weren't terrified of Houston demolishing their QB. Still, it's too easy, Minny will throw some.

Crowded? Nah, when your top guy is getting around 50 yards per game, that's not crowded, that's ripe for somebody to stake a claim. I could see Diggs having another 10 target game this week.

Crowded? Nah, when your top guy is getting around 50 yards per game, that's not crowded, that's ripe for somebody to stake a claim. I could see Diggs having another 10 target game this week.
I was thinking crowded because there are only crumbs to be shared among Wallace, Johnson, Rudolph and Diggs in this passing game. Fair point though about opportunity though - Wallace is playing well, but we've seen this before how he often disappears, and he's not exactly a target hound. And Charles Johnson had a nice stretch at the end of last year, but not like he dominated and had only Jennings and Patterson to compete with.

Right. I get what you are saying and I agree. But this receiving corps is ripe for a good solid 8 target / game guy. Wallace is a one trick pony, always was.

I'm onboard. Got him in one League and lost out in the free agent scramble in another. Didn't expect someone to grab him at 7:01 after waivers cleared.

Thank you so much for these videos, theyre extremely helpful.
:bow: :thanks: Fantastic video. Very well done and thank you for sharing.

All aboard. He looks great..

Just listening to Norv Turners press conference now.

The first question Turner is asked is about Diggs. He says that Diggs plays the X WR position which is where Charles Johnson was starting before having a rib injury.

Wallace has said he thinks he will play despite not practicing on Wed. However if Diggs is the X and Wallace is the Z then it would be these two WR in 2WR sets with Wright coming in on 3WR.

I wasn't sure if Norv considered Diggs the X or the Z WR before now. I think this puts Diggs in more competition with Charles Johnson for playing time and targets than it puts him in competition with Wallace for playing time.

I think Adam Thielen was playing some X against Denver as well, Patterson used to play X but I read he was being used more as a Z this season. If Charles Johnson can play perhaps he and Diggs would share time at the position like Diggs and Thielen did when Johnson was out.

Mike Wallace's interview he is mostly talking about Diggs and he has some very good things to say about him.

Just listening to Norv Turners press conference now.

The first question Turner is asked is about Diggs. He says that Diggs plays the X WR position which is where Charles Johnson was starting before having a rib injury.

Wallace has said he thinks he will play despite not practicing on Wed. However if Diggs is the X and Wallace is the Z then it would be these two WR in 2WR sets with Wright coming in on 3WR.

I wasn't sure if Norv considered Diggs the X or the Z WR before now. I think this puts Diggs in more competition with Charles Johnson for playing time and targets than it puts him in competition with Wallace for playing time.

I think Adam Thielen was playing some X against Denver as well, Patterson used to play X but I read he was being used more as a Z this season. If Charles Johnson can play perhaps he and Diggs would share time at the position like Diggs and Thielen did when Johnson was out.

Mike Wallace's interview he is mostly talking about Diggs and he has some very good things to say about him.
Great post thanks for this.

Users who are viewing this thread