What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Terry McLaurin, WAS (3 Viewers)

Sure but he was a third round NFL pick with nice speed teamed up with his college QB. He went in late round two or (mostly) in round three in my leagues. Seems odd he'd be on the waiver wire.
If Haskins is going to be any good it's a year or two away so it's a terrible landing spot. I wouldn't use any draft capital on him in my li league because he'll likely be on the wire by week 8 but every league is different. 

If Haskins is going to be any good it's a year or two away so it's a terrible landing spot. I wouldn't use any draft capital on him in my li league because he'll likely be on the wire by week 8 but every league is different. 
Short bench dynasty league?  Oof.

The Washington Post reports third-round Redskins WR Terry McLaurin has been "showered with praise from coaches and teammates" in training camp.

Per reporter Kareem Copeland, McLaurin has "consistently made plays." A speed demon — McLaurin clocked a 4.35 40 at the Combine — McLaurin has so far displayed strong hands. Copeland bills him as an "intellectual player" trying to learn all three receiver spots. There are snaps and targets for the taking in Washington's bombed-out receiver corps. McLaurin will also be playing with his college quarterback, Dwayne Haskins, as a rookie.

SOURCE: Washington Post

Aug 6, 2019, 6:36 PM ET

This guy went undrafted in my recent draft and looking at possibly scooping him up in waivers.

Seems like he’s had a strong camp, played with Haskins in college, and only has the indomitable Doctson, Richardson and Quinn ahead of him on the depth chart. Then again, he’s still a rookie and will have some growing pains.

Some good comments about him - any other recent thoughts?

ETA: No doubt following the first play he makes people will be calling him McLovin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm buying.  

Things I love about him:

1.  He ran a 4.35 40 at 6'0 and 210 pounds.  He's a pretty stout dude, but still fast.

2.  He's caught more passes from the franchise QB than anyone else on the roster.  They should have immediate chemistry.

3.  He's a good blocker.  He'll see the field sooner than later.  

4.  If you've seen the phone call video where the redskins called him to tell him they were calling his name--he's very "Yes sir, no sir."  

When I read a kid blocks well at the college level and always says yes sir, I envision a player that's going to hit his ceiling.  I don't know what that is.  He may be a forever WR3 for fantasy purposes.  But I'm willing to find out at his price point.

Rookie Redskins WR Terry McLaurin was not targeted in Thursday's regular season dress rehearsal.

McLaurin did notch a special teams tackle. He has yet to catch a pass this preseason. It appears he will end up playing in next week's finale. McLaurin had some hype coming out of the third round of April's draft, but it's looking like it's going to be a while before he delivers on it. The Redskins' offense has disaster potential.

Aug 22, 2019, 11:58 PM ET

I think he's one of the best values.  He'll start this year.  We've seen 5 years of Richardson, and he's not going to be the guy.  I expect the redskins to stink and have to throw it a lot late in games--could be a garbage time king this year.

I think he's one of the best values.  He'll start this year.  We've seen 5 years of Richardson, and he's not going to be the guy.  I expect the redskins to stink and have to throw it a lot late in games--could be a garbage time king this year.
If they stink, it’s because their offense is terrible (which is likely). They have a pretty stout defense. Unfortunately they’re likely to be involved in some low scoring games.

jm192 said:
What value does a 3rd/4th target on this offense have?

I guess I’m missing something, who are the first three targets?
Yeah, I see Richardson and... a RB ahead of him in targets? Jordan Re... lol... couldn't even finish that with a straight face. 2a/b situation with Quinn but McLovin has the college connection to trump that a/b? All aboard!

I guess I’m missing something, who are the first three targets?
Richardson, Reed, Thompson... fighting with Quinn for #4?

eta - on an offense that might be thanking Miami for saving them from last place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or are we expecting this guy to leapfrog everyone?

If that is the case.. what is the value of the #1 target in this offense?

Kyle Stackpole @kylefstackpole

In discussing the release of Josh Doctson, Gruden used the phrase "we decided to keep Terry McLaurin at the X [receiver]."

Sounds like the third-round rookie will start Sunday against Philadelphia.

JP Finlay @JPFinlayNBCS

Gruden knows McLaurin didn’t play much in preseason but he doesn’t seem concerned. “He did a lot in practice.”

Hesitated and didn’t pick him up a few weeks ago. Now won’t get him. :kicksrock:

This guy looks like a player.

I started the year in 2 dynasties and added 2 more. 

Wound up with him in 1 league, with really deep rosters.

2 other leagues with shorter benches--didn't have the room. 

4th league--my buddy knew I liked him and sniped him.

he was on the field the entire game 90%+ of snaps. keenum has shown ability to feed #1 WR's in past... unknown how he'll produce when haskins plays later this year.... will probably go after Ross harder, but he may be #2 target for me this week.

Brad Kelly @BradKelly17

Terry McLaurin had 5 receptions for 125 yards and a TD in his rookie debut (thread)

Outside WR left - McLaurin has the straight-line speed to win deep, but this is good example of ball tracking and adjusting as soon as it left Keenum’s hand

https://twitter.com/bradkelly17/status/1171238621371875328?s=21

The entire Twitter thread with videos attached is an interesting breakdown on Terry McLaurin’s week one performance.

Faust said:
Brad Kelly @BradKelly17

Terry McLaurin had 5 receptions for 125 yards and a TD in his rookie debut (thread)

Outside WR left - McLaurin has the straight-line speed to win deep, but this is good example of ball tracking and adjusting as soon as it left Keenum’s hand

https://twitter.com/bradkelly17/status/1171238621371875328?s=21

The entire Twitter thread with videos attached is an interesting breakdown on Terry McLaurin’s week one performance.
He showed pretty much everything you want in this thread. Speed, hands, agility, understanding of zones and body control. Couple that with everyone saying how smart he is, 4.3 speed and #1 WR opportunity/volume and he could be a huge steal this year. 

Anyone rolling this dude out there vs Dallas? 
Won’t be rolling him out immediately but in my RB loaded team ( went RB first 4 rounds ), it’s not out of the question soon if Lockett and D.J. Moore don’t put up numbers. Locketts lack of targets scared me, but I don’t think the Bengals are very good so hope that Seattle will have to throw more, most weeks. 

Users who are viewing this thread