What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (1 Viewer)

Ref, it would be so cool if you would forgo these kinds of comments in this thread and stick to football.
lol....the last 40 pages of this thread (since about March 15 when this first broke) have been full of inaccurate speculative back and forth comments about this situation (and not really about football)...and now you are going to single me out..?...where were you 40 pages ago telling everybody else to also stick to football....this was in a round about way about football the whole time (this is a message board, after all, for discussion)... and with Hill, this is what was going on with him.... but now I'm supposed to stick to football after taking a beating in here and actually kind of being right about the approach to all of this....my last post you quoted was about football and fantasy football....especially moving forward the next time this happens to a player....a pretty good fantasy football lesson in here about to be learned my many....maybe wait for the details before making knee jerk self righteous judgements /decisions about players.....lol... :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
If Hill can avoid the exempt list, he could be way ahead of the game compared to others that had similar issues in the past. 

lol....the last 40 pages of this thread (since about March 15 when this first broke) have been full of inaccurate speculative back and forth comments about this situation (and not really about football)...and now you are going to single me out..?...where were you 40 pages ago telling everybody else to also stick to football....this was in a round about way about football the whole time (this is a message board, after all, for discussion)... and with Hill, this is what was going on with him.... but now I'm supposed to stick to football after taking a beating in here and actually kind of being right about the approach to all of this....my last post you quoted was about football and fantasy football....especially moving forward the next time this happens to a player....a pretty good fantasy football lesson in here about to be learned my many....maybe wait for the details before making knee jerk self righteous judgements /decisions about your players.....lol... :shrug:
Look, I'm a Hill owner who is favorably disposed toward your side of the argument. It's just that the last several days have been blissfully free from the extraneous stuff (maybe since Joe instructed us to keep it football-related?) and now your recent comment stands a chance of reigniting things, which most of us don't want. I enjoy your football-related take on the situation and I hope you'll keep things in that vein going forward.

Look, I'm a Hill owner who is favorably disposed toward your side of the argument. It's just that the last several days have been blissfully free from the extraneous stuff (maybe since Joe instructed us to keep it football-related?) and now your recent comment stands a chance of reigniting things, which most of us don't want. I enjoy your football-related take on the situation and I hope you'll keep things in that vein going forward.
the quote was from the end of the twitter report posted above by jesseasi.....so I wasn't really trying to reignite anything....just found it very appropriate for many that have posted in this thread....

It sure will be nice to open this thread one day and see someone post the final outcome (if suspended, how many games).  I will be very curious where his ADP settles after that.

[Rotoworld] According to Nate Taylor of The Athletic, the Chiefs believe Tyreek Hill could be suspended by the NFL as soon as next month. 

https://twitter.com/rotoworld_fb/status/1143153823516520449?s=21

jesseasi said:
The Tyreek thread has dropped off the first page.....

This is trending on Twitter - interesting read.  https://www.scribd.com/document/414275806/ONE-HILLUVA-STORY-HOW-TYREEK-IS-NOT-ONLY-INNOCENT-HE-IS-A-VICTIM

Those of us holding the tryeek cards...news and opinions seem to be shifting.   

I bought Tyreek on the super cheap just 24 hours after the news broke.  Maybe this works out for us fantasy owners.  

At the same time ..  the whole situation is messed up.   Especially for his son.
Wow crazy. 

I was just thinking - Hill is in the last year of his rookie contract, and is due for a huge payday.  He has already proven his worth, but will be getting beans in 2019 compared to 2020.  Any chance he sabotages his upcoming NFL meeting, hoping to get a year off, so he doesn't get injured?  If he "pulls a Leveon" and misses all of 2019, he will still get a monster contract.  Just imagine if he got like 8 games, only to go down with a career-ending injury in week 9.

I was just thinking - Hill is in the last year of his rookie contract, and is due for a huge payday.  He has already proven his worth, but will be getting beans in 2019 compared to 2020.  Any chance he sabotages his upcoming NFL meeting, hoping to get a year off, so he doesn't get injured?  If he "pulls a Leveon" and misses all of 2019, he will still get a monster contract.  Just imagine if he got like 8 games, only to go down with a career-ending injury in week 9.
If he doesn't play this season, he has to repeat the last year of his rookie contract. He would not get credit for playing this year.

He's playing and he's super motivated. He'll get a lucrative contract extension during the season if that article is true. 

Fear The Turtle said:
Ref, it would be so cool if you would forgo these kinds of comments in this thread and stick to football.
If you were reading the posts - you would know he was quoting the very interesting link.

About Hill.  About the case.  About the impact on football.

While currently suspended from "team activities", that does not preclude his status with the league.  However, ESPN was running the news headline that "Hill is meeting with NFL Investigators Wednesday June 26 to address the leagues' concerns about his child welfare investigation", but no other info provided.  

If you were reading the posts - you would know he was quoting the very interesting link.

About Hill.  About the case.  About the impact on football.
Sorry, it's just that I wanted to keep the thread more sanguine/productive, as it's been for the last week plus and not return to the 40 page joust days. Perhaps I read a little more of a "I told you so", "last word",  :pokey:   tone than Ref intended, so my bad.

Back to topic: I simply can't believe that we can at least entertain the idea of a 2, 4, or 6 game suspension when just a few weeks ago his name was mud and he looked like a goner. Hill owners (and Mahomes owners) rejoice!

Anarchy99 said:
If Hill can avoid the exempt list, he could be way ahead of the game compared to others that had similar issues in the past. 
and the article posted by jesseasi indicates that the "you should be terrified of me too" comment taken in a different context may not have been a physical threat, but more of a you need to be terrified of me too because I have dirt/information/bad #### on you too....type of thing....

and the article posted by jesseasi indicates that the "you should be terrified of me too" comment taken in a different context may not have been a physical threat, but more of a you need to be terrified of me too because I have dirt/information/bad #### on you too....type of thing....
Clearly there is pretty much only one person (Goodell) whose opinion matters in all this, and he will determine on his own how he feels on everything and what an appropriate penalty will be for Hill.

There are lots of LEGAL arguments being thrown around (here and other places) and how none of this proves anything and there could be plenty of ways things could be taken out of context or the wrong way.

Unfortunately for Hill, none of that could turn out to matter. If we learned anything from player battles with the league over the years, EXHIBIT A for how things are not AND WILL NEVER BE fair has to be in the Brady case.

The league's attorney testified IN COURT that the league had no direct evidence that Tom Brady deflated any footballs in the AFCCG against the Colts and that the league had no direct evidence that the footballs were manually deflated. The judge grilled him on it and the attorney admitted that the league could not show anything to that effect. Yet the court eventually ruled that the commissioner had the right to do what he saw fit through the CBA.

That's where we are now (again), and IMO Goodell will not just give Hill a pass. But that is just my opinion, and no one posting here has anything substantial to go on in terms of what Goodell will do. All of us are coming up with outcomes and none of our individual opinions should be worth any more (or less) than anyone else's.

oh believe me....the "I told you so" post is in the works...it’s in the editing room right now....the biggest hold up is going back through all the ChiefsD, Buffaloes, VoiceofReason, FreeBagel, KittenMittens, Dr. Dan, Aanarchy99, Dr. Octopus, Bazinga! Bronco Billy, etc…and trying not to leave anybody out…..
I already said I would admit I was wrong if that's the way it turns out, a few pages back when you started crowing about how you were right and claimed that anyone who spoke out about Hill would not show back up in the thread.  

What you fail to understand is that dynasty owners need to react (or not) based on the information at hand so sitting and waiting for it to play out can leave one holding the bag. The information looked terrible for him, and honestly I still have major doubts that he's "innocent". We are not a court of law. We are discussing probabilities and speculating. If I claimed "it looks really bad for Hill" or even "he definitely beat his child" who the #### cares? I'm not on his jury.

And lets face it you're just as guilty the other way - lapping up any info that is positive for the guy on the team you root for as if it's gospel while spinning any negative news.

I'll wait and see what happens at this point - you can be as big a tool as you want. You seem to have a lot of experience at it. 

The whole idea of Goodell sitting at his desk by himself, thinking about what he wants to do and just doing it is ludicrous. He speaks for the billon dollar league and I think there are many investigators who talk with law enforcement and who talk with the social services people, investigators who talk with any of the family that will participate, researchers, analysts, attorneys who look at the specific language of the league rules and their intent, people who look at the implications for the future of various possible decisions, people who test how different resolutions will be received by the teams and by the public… all of whom participate in gathering the information the league relies on and many of whom participate with Goddell in shaping and finalizing the decision that gets presented.

Without going into the Brady case, I think there was enough public perception of wrongdoing and enough evidence of improper motive that they felt some penalty was needed, but I don't want to get into that all over again.

I think the league has many people involved in a complicated and carefully thought out resolution in each of these cases. I think even the timing or releasing decisions is carefully planned to fall when nothing else is going on, or when it might best be smothered by other happening events. I think these decisions and penalties imposed depend as much or more on the public perception of the player and situation as on the proven facts. I'll offer as exhibit 1 the difference in punishment for people who committed similar acts, but either were or weren't captured at their worst on video.

Said to be discussing three separate violations of the personal conduct policy. The threats on the audio tape, the removal of the child from the home, and the type of discipline / physicality with the boy. Hill will eventually have to meet with Goodell in NYC. Timeline of meetings and status of investigation still a little fuzzy. 

Said to be discussing three separate violations of the personal conduct policy. The threats on the audio tape, the removal of the child from the home, and the type of discipline / physicality with the boy. Hill will eventually have to meet with Goodell in NYC. Timeline of meetings and status of investigation still a little fuzzy. 
From what I understand, the 3 separate violations are 1) the audio tape of threats & domestic abuse 2) the welfare of the child and his protection / injury and 3) his behavior PRIOR to NFL Draft when he admitted choking her while pregnant.  While the NFL cannot punish him for that (#3), they are admitted they are reviewing it as part of his behavior & character.   That to me is a pattern and will result in Lisa Freil & Jennifer Gaffney suggesting bad news for Hill owners when Hill goes to NY to meet Goodell (to hear the result and possible suspension). 

The legal system may have been unable to determine the truth.  But the standard of measure is different in the NFL for Personal Conduct Policy and Roger Goodell's imposing punishment.  I just don't know what to expect.  The lack of credible information in the public threads leads to no clear decision.  But what is known to those in NFL or DA?  

The positives:  1) The team hasn't dropped him, 2) he is still working out with some of his teammates (if he was poison, it's hard for me to believe that his teammates would still be working out with him), 3) appears to be fully cooperating with the NFL (not like Tom Brady), 4) plus a suspension if any, will be known soon.  Seems that there are a lot of people who believe that the suspension will be no longer than 8 games, and as minimal as 1 to 2.  We will see.   There are some in the media who have already crucified Hill.  I personally will be very surprised if the suspension is longer than 4 games.

The positives:  1) The team hasn't dropped him, 2) he is still working out with some of his teammates (if he was poison, it's hard for me to believe that his teammates would still be working out with him), 3) appears to be fully cooperating with the NFL (not like Tom Brady), 4) plus a suspension if any, will be known soon.  Seems that there are a lot of people who believe that the suspension will be no longer than 8 games, and as minimal as 1 to 2.  We will see.   There are some in the media who have already crucified Hill.  I personally will be very surprised if the suspension is longer than 4 games.
As for #3, we have no idea if he has been cooperating with the NFL or not. IIRC, today was the first time they met with him. It has been reported that he will be interviewed multiple times by multiple people. IMO, way too soon to tell if he has been cooperating, impeding, or refusing to actively participate in the investigation. As far as Hill goes with dealing with the league investigators, we essentially at this point know pretty much close to nothing.

The NFL can ask for lots of things from Hill . . . phone records, permission to access medical information, permission to talk to doctors and other investigators, etc. Let's see if he hands over the information they want and how he answers their questions. For example, if they ask how the child got welts and bruises and he provides no substantive information or his attorneys tell him not to answer, I am not sure that would help his case any. In many ways, he will have to prove he is innocent (which goes against the basis of the legal system, but an internal investigation doesn't have to use the same rules and standards as a court hearing would).

As for #3, we have no idea if he has been cooperating with the NFL or not. IIRC, today was the first time they met with him. It has been reported that he will be interviewed multiple times by multiple people. IMO, way too soon to tell if he has been cooperating, impeding, or refusing to actively participate in the investigation. As far as Hill goes with dealing with the league investigators, we essentially at this point know pretty much close to nothing.

The NFL can ask for lots of things from Hill . . . phone records, permission to access medical information, permission to talk to doctors and other investigators, etc. Let's see if he hands over the information they want and how he answers their questions. For example, if they ask how the child got welts and bruises and he provides no substantive information or his attorneys tell him not to answer, I am not sure that would help his case any. In many ways, he will have to prove he is innocent (which goes against the basis of the legal system, but an internal investigation doesn't have to use the same rules and standards as a court hearing would).
I read he's already met with the NFL a week and a half ago. 

The training camp news sounds better than it is. It does eliminate the possibility of him being put on the exempt list or being suspended indefinitely but he could still get an 8 game suspension and be at training camp. All the news as been trending towards a shorter suspension though. 

I just took it as good news that the NFL is letting him report to training camp and not putting him on the suspended indefinitely list.

The training camp news sounds better than it is. It does eliminate the possibility of him being put on the exempt list or being suspended indefinitely but he could still get an 8 game suspension and be at training camp. All the news as been trending towards a shorter suspension though. 

Users who are viewing this thread