What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (1 Viewer)

Well, if you say so, I'll believe you. 

But everyone was interpreting your post in the way that statement is used 99% of the the time. 
Never once insinuated I was happy he was hurt.  Yes I said he wasn't a good guy.  Pretty uptight group of Hill owners in here. 

Never once insinuated I was happy he was hurt.  Yes I said he wasn't a good guy.  Pretty uptight group of Hill owners in here. 
It's Week 1 and a 2nd Round draft pick has been injured and is going to miss time. I'd say people's reactions to the jokes being made are understandable ....not uptight.

It's Week 1 and a 2nd Round draft pick has been injured and is going to miss time. I'd say people's reactions to the jokes being made are understandable ....not uptight.
He was my first round pick.  Hope the guy recovers quickly, no one deserves to get hurt.  But he's a jerk.

Listened to that Dr Chao? guy tonight and he said no way this is a couple of games. Could go on IR
I’ve seen multiple twitter docs talking abut it. The extended prediction was based on an assumption that it required surgery. 

The latest estimates as 2-5 weeks. 

Regardless of the timeline, it sounds like he narrowly avoided a much more severe injury. 

Listened to that Dr Chao? guy tonight and he said no way this is a couple of games. Could go on IR
I echoed that exact same thought a few posts ago...the lack of surgery honestly doesn't mean much with an injury such as this, this is a significant injury that doesn't "heal" in 2-3 weeks.

Hoping we get word on what the injury actually is today. 
Check out Bramels Monday Injury Roundup, it's already posted in the articles for subscribers. Here's a snippet, there is more....

TYREEK HILL | RIGHT STERNOCLAVICULAR JOINT DISLOCATION | WEEK 1 | 4-6+ WEEKS | OUT WEEK 2

Hill suffered a posterior sternoclavicular joint dislocation on Sunday. This means the end of his collarbone nearest his breastbone was forced out of place toward his chest cavity. It's a rare, painful, and potentially life-threatening injury due to the major blood vessels lying directly under the joint. Hill's collarbone was reportedly successfully put back into place in the hospital without surgery and without damage to those nearby structures.

Check out Bramels Monday Injury Roundup, it's already posted in the articles for subscribers. Here's a snippet, there is more....

TYREEK HILL | RIGHT STERNOCLAVICULAR JOINT DISLOCATION | WEEK 1 | 4-6+ WEEKS | OUT WEEK 2

Hill suffered a posterior sternoclavicular joint dislocation on Sunday. This means the end of his collarbone nearest his breastbone was forced out of place toward his chest cavity. It's a rare, painful, and potentially life-threatening injury due to the major blood vessels lying directly under the joint. Hill's collarbone was reportedly successfully put back into place in the hospital without surgery and without damage to those nearby structures.
6 weeks easy. That is a serious injury.

From Sammy Watkins:

"I think we got the same roles," he said. "The same particular roles. Same for me. I think we got the other guys to step up. We got Mecole Hardman in the second round. We got Demarcus Robinson. We got so many guys that can step up and play that position. I'm not really worried. Do we need 10? Do we need Tyreek? Yes, we do. I don't think I would've scored a couple touchdowns without him affecting the defense.

"I think he has an intricate part. We're gonna have to find a way to win in the next six, seven weeks with him being out. I think we have the coaches to do that."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001052906/article/sammy-watkins-we-have-the-coaches-to-win-sans-hill

Rapaport was just talking about them putting him on IR.  Sounds like this 2-3 week prognosis is not realistic

Last edited by a moderator:
Rapaport was just talking about them putting him on IR.  Sounds like this 2-3 week prognosis is not realistic
The direct quote I read from Rapaport read “options ranging from a few weeks to IR/Designated to return”

Thats pretty open ended. 

Granted I still think this is a longer injury than a few weeks.

The direct quote I read from Rapaport read “options ranging from a few weeks to IR/Designated to return”

Thats pretty open ended. 

Granted I still think this is a longer injury than a few weeks.
Yeah, sounds like KC has yet to decide. On the NFLN morning show Rappaport was emphasizing the seriousness of the injury. And although surgery is not required, it sounds like a long recovery. He said Chiefs are still viewing IR as a possibility.

Yeah, sounds like KC has yet to decide. On the NFLN morning show Rappaport was emphasizing the seriousness of the injury. And although surgery is not required, it sounds like a long recovery. He said Chiefs are still viewing IR as a possibility.
IR designated to return, or IR? 

Did not specify... but his emphasis on describing the severity of the injury was not aligned with the reporting on Sunday.
To be fair, Rapaport isn’t an orthopedic surgeon either, so...  :shrug:

6-8 weeks is better than all season, so I’ll hoe for the best. 

To be fair, Rapaport isn’t an orthopedic surgeon either, so...  :shrug:

6-8 weeks is better than all season, so I’ll hoe for the best. 
With all due respect.....these guys (NFLN) are wired into the teams and injury news. He is simply reporting what he is being told.

This is a serious injury and 6-8 weeks is very realistic. If they IR him it means he returns after week 9. This opens a roster spot to help the team in his absence. And they very well may place him on IR with designated to return to make sure he does not rush back.

With all due respect.....these guys (NFLN) are wired into the teams and injury news. He is simply reporting what he is being told.

This is a serious injury and 6-8 weeks is very realistic. If they IR him it means he returns after week 9. This opens a roster spot to help the team in his absence. And they very well may place him on IR with designated to return to make sure he does not rush back.
Well they have Mecole & Demarcus, so I’m not sure who they’d need to add but I see what you’re saying.

as for the first part, as often as that’s correct, they’re also full of crap guessing a lot of the time too. 

Really? I thought that was the new designation. People kept talking about IRDTR in the preseason. . 

Dang this NFL and their rules changes. 

:doh:  
Yeah, they no longer have to designate who their return player is, as some guys can heal faster than others.

Putting a guy on IR in the preseason, though, means he can't be designated to return - meaning he'll be on the IR all year. 

It's basically the same. You don't have to designate a player for return anymore.
Really? I thought that was the new designation. People kept talking about IRDTR in the preseason. . 

The reason why it gets talked about during preseason is that a player can only be eligible to return if he gets placed on IR after the final cuts.

So, for example, Lamar Miller would not be eligible to return, because he was placed on IR in August.

This is also the reason why Demaryius Thomas was temporarily cut by the Patriots -- they needed to temporarily fill the roster spot with N'Keal Harry, even though Harry was injured. Once the "final" roster was set, they were able to place Harry on IR (making him eligible to return in 8 weeks) and then they could re-sign Thomas.

Yeah, they no longer have to designate who their return player is, as some guys can heal faster than others.

Putting a guy on IR in the preseason, though, means he can't be designated to return - meaning he'll be on the IR all year. 
I think they're still limited in how many IR players can return.

Since my leagues don't allow IR slots except for guys actually on IR/PUP, I'd prefer they go that route if it's looking like a 6-8 week timetable.

Since my leagues don't allow IR slots except for guys actually on IR/PUP, I'd prefer they go that route if it's looking like a 6-8 week timetable.
Yes, just one per team I believe.  But they don't have to call what player now, they can do that later. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:

Not new this year.  They made this change at least for last season as well.  Just people all over the media kept on reporting it like it was the old way, and some still haven't caught up.

heckmanm said:

Yes, still a limit to how many can actually return.  I believe the limit is 2.

while it sounds like a potentially "serious" injury....it sounds like there may be levels to it and his level is on the low side (requiring no surgery)....I have heard it described as a possible life threatening situation if at a higher level (requiring surgery)....it sounds like they were able to pop it back in or some #### and it just needs to heal....so until we hear otherwise I would think we have to stick with the 4-6 as reported.....meaning he could be back on the field by week 5....we aren't doctors and even if we are, we aren't the ones "treating" Hill....so speculation really does no good.... because you could be right or you could be wrong....I'm sure they will be patient with him since the Chiefs should be able to keep their head above water without him and the prize they are shooting for at the end of all this means more than rushing him back if he is not ready.....but just as some "think" it will be 8+, it could be minor and he could be a quick healer and it's on the shorter end of the time frame...

This topic, man. :doh:

Team: “no surgery, he avoided major complications, should be out a few weeks”

FBG-ers, “I heard he died at the hospital. Out indefinitely”

Team, “no, really - we probably won’t even IR him. He’s doing good.”

FBGers, “this has to be IR, I’m sure it’s season-ending at least.”

Team, “It’s a multi-stage recovery, but we’re optimistic. We could use the roster spot so that should tell you everything.”

FBGers, “I heard his arm fell off twice at the hospital. Honestly I’m not sure why they haven’t held a funeral for the guy yet.”

Team, “looks like 4-6 weeks, but as we’ve said the entire time, we’ll have to monitor it”

FBGers, “this has 8-10 weeks written all over it.”

Team; “that’s all we have for now”

FBGers, “what aren’t they telling us?!”

:rolleyes:

while it sounds like a potentially "serious" injury....it sounds like there may be levels to it and his level is on the low side (requiring no surgery)....I have heard it described as a possible life threatening situation if at a higher level (requiring surgery)....it sounds like they were able to pop it back in or some #### and it just needs to heal....so until we hear otherwise I would think we have to stick with the 4-6 as reported.....meaning he could be back on the field by week 5....we aren't doctors and even if we are, we aren't the ones "treating" Hill....so speculation really does no good.... because you could be right or you could be wrong....I'm sure they will be patient with him since the Chiefs should be able to keep their head above water without him and the prize they are shooting for at the end of all this means more than rushing him back if he is not ready.....but just as some "think" it will be 8+, it could be minor and he could be a quick healer and it's on the shorter end of the time frame...
From what I’ve read from the various twitter doctors; it was a clean dislocation & the comcern is getting it healed up sufficiently so that when he comes back another hit doesn’t cause it to dislocate again. 

Thats it. 

As someone who repeatedly dislocated his shoulder I can tell you the recovery time is about 4-6 weeks. Hell, after having surgery to repair my labrum & rotator cuff, it only took me about 6 weeks to get right. And I was an out of shape 35 year old with a PPO, and Hill is a professional athlete with access to the best medical care in the world.

While Hill’s injury was very different than mine,  if it’s indeed about cartilage healing after correcting the dislocation, then I have no doubt this time-line is realistic. 

Fingers crossed. I have to believe if it were going to be longer (or even a reasonably high likelihood of that then he’d be on IR so they could use the roster spot. 

Users who are viewing this thread