What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WTF? (1 Viewer)

-OZ-

Footballguy
I should know the answer to this, but don't.

Why wasn't Gordon, from KU, drafted?

I realize he isn't an elite corner, but better than many taken (at least in my, biased, opinion) but did his stints at WR hurt him this much?

If nothing else, I would have thought he'd get attention as a KR/PR.

TSN even had him as one of their sleepers. (did he not set the alarm?)

he'll definitely be in demand as a free agent.

PFW rated him as the #17 CB and called him a "mid round talent"

knocks on him are his small frame and lack of speed, but he'd probably be a nice fit in a team that runs a lot of zone defense.

tied for national lead in interceptions in 2004 with 7. can also contribute as a punt returner.

I should know the answer to this, but don't.

Why wasn't Gordon, from KU, drafted?

I realize he isn't an elite corner, but better than many taken (at least in my, biased, opinion) but did his stints at WR hurt him this much?

If nothing else, I would have thought he'd get attention as a KR/PR.

TSN even had him as one of their sleepers. (did he not set the alarm?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(KFFL) The Associated Press reports the Minnesota Vikings have signed undrafted rookie free agent CB Charles Gordon (Kansas) to an undisclosed contract.

Nice upgrades at corner for the Vikes.

Griffin and Gordon should make nice Tampa-2 corners. PFW says Gordon's skill set "screams Tampa-2".

Well this is good news for Viking fans. With Burleson gone and Robinson in the #1 role, the Vikings could use a good KR/PR. Always good to have some depth at corner as well.

knocks on him are his small frame and lack of speed, but he'd probably be a nice fit in a team that runs a lot of zone defense.

tied for national lead in interceptions in 2004 with 7. can also contribute as a punt returner.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you think he stacked up against Dee Webb and Anwar Phillips?I'm just going by data sheets but I think you hit the nail on the head with the size/speed remark. If you look at his combination of size/speed you have to go all the way down to CB's ranked in the mid 30's to find similar #'s. He must have excellent technique to be ranked close to 20 with those #'s.

Last edited by a moderator:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you think he stacked up against Dee Webb and Anwar Phillips?I'm just going by data sheets but I think you hit the nail on the head with the size/speed remark. If you look at his combination of size/speed you have to go all the way down to CB's ranked in the mid 30's to find similar #'s. He must have excellent technique to be ranked close to 20 with those #'s.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, I'm a biased Jayhawk, but from what I've seen, Gordon has very good instincts, is a good tackler, and would be a pretty decent return specilist. I'm not sure if the other CBs at the same tier provide the same stuff or not.I agree entirely that he'll be a good T2 corner, if he starts.

Users who are viewing this thread