What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:X Lakers 13/14 Thread: 6th Draft Slot "Locked Up" :BYE: (1 Viewer)

The Sunday home whites are...

• abominations

Votes: 65 58.0%
  • meh

Votes: 56 50.0%

• Total voters
Anyone think Kobe just sits out the rest of the season? They've got a beautiful tank job going right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate this feeling of watching the game, half rooting for the team, but knowing that losing would be best for the future. It's going to be even worse when Kobe comes back.

Bring on the wheel lottery draft thing.

Kupchak gives D'Antoni the vote of confidence. I have to believe D'Antoni will be gone if the Lakers hit the jackpot in the lottery.

Anyone think Kobe just sits out the rest of the season? They've got a beautiful tank job going right now.
Oh I wish this would happen. Just as I wish Pau had been dealt for Bynum.

Blow it up.
I think there's still a decent chance Pau will be getting dealt. Maybe they'll get an actual useful asset of some kind in return. The trick will be making the salaries match without taking on lousy long term commitments.

Blow it up.
I think there's still a decent chance Pau will be getting dealt. Maybe they'll get an actual useful asset of some kind in return. The trick will be making the salaries match without taking on lousy long term commitments.
They had better get a useful asset. B/c i don't think they can get out of the luxury tax now, and that means they won't be able to avoid the repeater tax. And while I generally don't care how much money the Buss' blow on the Lakers, I do know that they'll put more $ toward players if they're paying significantly less luxury taxes.

Blow it up.
They had better get a useful asset. B/c i don't think they can get out of the luxury tax now, and that means they won't be able to avoid the repeater tax. And while I generally don't care how much money the Buss' blow on the Lakers, I do know that they'll put more $ toward players if they're paying significantly less luxury taxes.
I think it's likely they'll break the repeater luxury tax chain next year, even if it means letting Gasol walk for nothing. Particularly if they can convince Nash to ride off into the sunset.

Then again they could F up and sign Luol Deng to a max deal.

Blow it up.
I don't think they get to the luxury tax in the next couple years. Only way to get thru the soft cap is by resigning your own players. They really don't have anyone on their roster worth extending (not giving them a raise beyond their hold anyway) and they really don't have the assets to get such a player back.

Lakers only a couple games from being in the lottery top 3 and ensuring either Emliid, Wiggins, or Parker wear Purple and Gold.

Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank!

Gr00vus said:
Please, please sit this season out Kobe.
seriously, there's absolutely no reason for him to rush back...except his giant ego, which is what I'm worried about.
How many wins do you think he'd add to this squad? Let's assume they also get Blake, Farmar and Henry back in the next couple of months for the sake of this discussion.

Gr00vus said:
seriously, there's absolutely no reason for him to rush back...except his giant ego, which is what I'm worried about.
How many wins do you think he'd add to this squad? Let's assume they also get Blake, Farmar and Henry back in the next couple of months for the sake of this discussion.
Kobe was awful earlier this season that perhaps having him back won't add many wins?

Gr00vus said:
Kobe was awful earlier this season that perhaps having him back won't add many wins?
That's what I'm wondering. I mean, they were hovering around .500 even with him out before they lost all the other guys to injury.

Assuming Nick Young gets suspended, if the league decides Jordan Hill left the bench last night, the Lakers might be suiting up 7 guys vs. the Celtics as the two teams race to the bottom, the Celtics clinging to a 1 game lead in the loss column.

It's like 2010 all over again isn't it?

As a Laker fan this season going way better then expected. Kobe out another month. Top 5 looking good. From what I hear it's a 6-player draft.

Going to go Embiid, wiggins, parker, randle, gordon, smart and Australian kid in some order.

Keep on doing what you do Lake show.

Kobe, $48 Million...

Did Kobe give written warning past performance doesn't guarantee future results?

I mean, 37 and declining (& in the league since the showtime era) coming off of a major injury - lets throw max dollars at him, what could go wrong :shrug:

Let's lock down this top 3 pick!
Agreed. The best thing possible for a score first forward or super athletic center is to be paired with a guy that has never embraced playing with a score first forward or super athletic center.

Only 1/2 game in front of Utah for worst in the Western Conference!

:topcat:
Hopefully only 1 or 2 more wins before the All Star break.
You got your eye on any particular lottery prize?
What up Groovs? As I've mentioned, I'm not nearly as knowledgeable re: the college game as many on the boards, so my opinion isn't worth much. But from what I've seen coupled with the needs the Lakers have and the areas they have covered, either Embiid or Wiggins would be franchise transformers, and maybe Exum. Any of those 3, along with either a max FA or two solid FA starters would immediately put LA back in the playoffs.

I'm not as high on Randle as others, and I think Parker will be an all star, I'm just not sure he would fit as well as the other 3 I mentioned with Kobe still around for 2 years.

Let's lock down this top 3 pick!
you and gunz really are confused with how the NBA lottery works
I know exactly how it works, and the overwhelming odds are that if you have one of the top 3 worst records, you end up with a top 3 pick. At worst, you pick 6th.
just pointing out that there is no way to lock down a top 3 pick. even having the worst record there is still like a 35% chance you pick 4

Only 1/2 game in front of Utah for worst in the Western Conference!

:topcat:
Hopefully only 1 or 2 more wins before the All Star break.
You got your eye on any particular lottery prize?
What up Groovs? As I've mentioned, I'm not nearly as knowledgeable re: the college game as many on the boards, so my opinion isn't worth much. But from what I've seen coupled with the needs the Lakers have and the areas they have covered, either Embiid or Wiggins would be franchise transformers, and maybe Exum. Any of those 3, along with either a max FA or two solid FA starters would immediately put LA back in the playoffs.

I'm not as high on Randle as others, and I think Parker will be an all star, I'm just not sure he would fit as well as the other 3 I mentioned with Kobe still around for 2 years.
I know zip about college ball. The few people I've talked to have given me the impression that Embiid is a bit of a project in the Mutumbo type mold. That doesn't excite me much.

On the Laker station talk shows, they're now saying the idea is to focus on being ready for when Durant is a free agent. The 2 year Kobe deal is just an attempt to bridge the gap until then. Maybe a young project center makes sense if that's the plan. :shrug:

I wonder if they'll make a play for Stephenson. Seems like he'd be a bad fit with Kobe, and possibly Young if they hang on to swaggy-p.

That may have been the goofiest, strangest pro basketball game I've ever seen. Even when they were up 27 I figured there'd be no way they could hold it together.

Also, did anyone else catch Vujacic's Clippers debut last night? Made me somewhat sad that the Lakers couldn't work him into the mix somehow this season.

That may have been the goofiest, strangest pro basketball game I've ever seen. Even when they were up 27 I figured there'd be no way they could hold it together.
Very disappointed to see the losing streak come to an end last night. Hopefully we can get another one going tomorrow in Philly. Go Sixers!

tommyGunZ said:
Gr00vus said:
Very disappointed to see the losing streak come to an end last night. Hopefully we can get another one going tomorrow in Philly. Go Sixers!
Hush your mouth!

The Lakers gonna have a winning streak.

Cliff Clavin said:
Gr00vus said:
But we hung in there and got the win!
The Cavs just wanted it less.

Users who are viewing this thread