What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo game on TV? (1 Viewer)

Bills signed QB Josh Johnson, formerly of the Colts.
The move indicates concern about Tyrod Taylor, who is playing through an ankle injury. Johnson slots in as Buffalo's third quarterback behind Taylor and E.J. Manuel. Johnson knows OC Greg Roman's offense from their time together in San Francisco

And I guess it's not like I might want to use my computer for something else while watching football :shrug:
Good thing you can stream the game on other devices besides a cpu.
Like my 5" cell phone?
Yup. Or these things called tablets, or your TV itself.
Don't have a tablet, and if I did why would I want to watch football on it? And there's nothing wrong with the current method of sending television signals to my TV.

And I guess it's not like I might want to use my computer for something else while watching football :shrug:
Like my 5" cell phone?
Don't have a tablet, and if I did why would I want to watch football on it? And there's nothing wrong with the current method of sending television signals to my TV.
:lmao:

Then don't watch the game if its such a challenge for you to use modern technology.

Do you have the ticket? Would you otherwise even be able to watch this game?

Like my 5" cell phone?

Then don't watch the game if its such a challenge for you to use modern technology.

Yes, I have the Ticket. And yes, as mentioned I would otherwise have been able to watch the game as broadcast on network television.

Sorry for hardship. Prepare to be left behind, as this is just another step in an evolution that is going have everybody streaming on their TV's soon. Reminds me of my buddy's father who doesn't own a computer or know how to use email.

Like my 5" cell phone?

Yes, I have the Ticket. And yes, as mentioned I would otherwise have been able to watch the game as broadcast on network television.
If you have the Ticket and don't watch football on anything other than a TV then you are not getting the most out of your money.

I have it and set up two TVs and my ipad to watch 3 games at once. I also watch games on my phone if I have to run to the store for the wife or god forbid have to interrupt my 12 hours on my couch for any other reason.

And people who otherwise would have been able to watch on network TV should still be able to do so with perhaps a few rare exceptions.

Sorry for hardship. Prepare to be left behind, as this is just another step in an evolution that is going have everybody streaming on their TV's soon. Reminds me of my buddy's father who doesn't own a computer or know how to use email.
Soon? LOLNO. Our technological infrastructure is nowhere close advanced enough to make this the primary method of viewing anything anytime "soon".

Glad we made this big move to high definition TV the past 10 years so that I can watch a pixelated webcam quality football game on my computer.
I'm sending it to me TV through Google Chromecadt and the picture looks perfect, although there has been a few instances where it froze for a second or two.

Soon? LOLNO. Our technological infrastructure is nowhere close advanced enough to make this the primary method of viewing anything anytime "soon".
I didn't mean tomorrow. HTH

Meh it's ONE game. No other ones on so we aren't missing out having it on TV with the ability to flick channels, set up multiple TVs, or do whatever your regular Sunday routine is.

For those of us in the west, I'm actually enjoying being able to stay in bed this early and watch it from there on my laptop. Quality much better then I expected.

I don't think this method of viewing football is going away. I would expect this to increase in the coming years. Watching the game on my Roku looked no different than cable or satellite. It's just another platform for viewing. Blockbuster video was victim and DirecTV may not be far behind.

samsung smart tv + yahoo app + nfl - cable subsription = winning
Congrats on the one 3 hour streHow tch the year you win.
It seems like you don't understand how this works. Without a cable subscription I've watched every single primetime game through apps. Plus OTA. Plus I spend $2 a month for RedZone channel.
How does this work? I try to get RedZone and it says I need a specific cable provider. I cut the cord before this season.

I don't think this method of viewing football is going away. I would expect this to increase in the coming years. Watching the game on my Roku looked no different than cable or satellite. It's just another platform for viewing. Blockbuster video was victim and DirecTV may not be far behind.
But why limit viewer ship? Why not show it on both? Pretty sure my 70 year old father in law didn't find the game.

It seems like you don't understand how this works. Without a cable subscription I've watched every single primetime game through apps. Plus OTA. Plus I spend $2 a month for RedZone channel.
How does this work? I try to get RedZone and it says I need a specific cable provider. I cut the cord before this season.
I get it through verizon wireless. Streamed to my phone which I can then stream to other devices. When I had cable I had to pay $8 a month for the full sports package in order to get RedZone.

Glad we made this big move to high definition TV the past 10 years so that I can watch a pixelated webcam quality football game on my computer.
I'm sending it to me TV through Google Chromecadt and the picture looks perfect, although there has been a few instances where it froze for a second or two.
Are you able to pause, rewind, fast forward and slow-mo the game with that? Asking, no clue if Chromecast has that capability.

it will be interesting to see what the stats are on this broadcast. i wonder if they are also able to display targeted ads.

how many yahoo smart tv app downloads occured due to this game? some eyeballs will stick around to see what other content comes via yahoo smart tv app

Thought this thing was terrific thru Yahoo FIre TV App and had zero problems throughout. Definitely interested to see if leads to anything in future.

Been impressed with what Yahoo has done lately with fantasy football.

Thought this thing was terrific thru Yahoo FIre TV App and had zero problems throughout. Definitely interested to see if leads to anything in future.

IME the app worked great. I had to watch a few minutes in the kitchen so I tried it through the website on my MacBook Air and it was horrible (got blurry like every 15-30 seconds.) The stream worked great on iPhone, iPad, et al.

Great experiment and I hope they do this much more often going forward.

Was glad I found that out.

I was just using a tab in Chrome to stream to my Chromecast, but it didn't look as good. The Yahoo app on the Fire Stick looked much better. Still had some issues here and there where the picture would get jumbled a bit and kinda skip around, but overall, it wasn't too bad.

Was glad I found that out.

I was just using a tab in Chrome to stream to my Chromecast, but it didn't look as good. The Yahoo app on the Fire Stick looked much better. Still had some issues here and there where the picture would get jumbled a bit and kinda skip around, but overall, it wasn't too bad.
Yup, worked perfect on my Fire TV app as well. Crystal clear HD without a problem.

I do have gigabit internet though.

Why is this going to be the evolution of things to come. I know I can stream Netflix for movies, but what makes football better on stream?

With movies, its nice to have all of that content at your fingertips. So I find it convenient and it's as easy as starting up my TV and hitting the Netflix button.

Streaming this football game was more of a pain than a convenience and until you convince a lot of people that there is a benefit to streaming football/regular TV then this will not be the evolution. I didn't go through the hassle of streaming the game. Why would I want to watch the Jags/Bills game that much? I would need some kind of motivation to want to stream on my TV. Maybe Yahoo can guarantee that I will get all NFL games for free. (no Sunday Ticket req'd) That would be motivation.

I guess if you want to reach a larger (global) audience then streaming would be OK and from Yahoo's perspective that is probably their motivation. I just can't see streaming replacing live TV in the near future because from the consumer's perspective it's a hassle and there is no additional benefit from streaming on TV right now. In fact, imagine streaming all NFL games on Sunday...Watching game A, which goes to an ad...Flip to game B...Buffering...Game B goes to an ad...Flip back to game A...Buffering...you get my point. The technology is getting better but with live TV there is no wait, instantaneous channel flipping.

Look, I like new technology. I've been streaming music with wireless audio for years now. But I need a real benefit to change my ways.

I get it through verizon wireless. Streamed to my phone which I can then stream to other devices. When I had cable I had to pay $8 a month for the full sports package in order to get RedZone.
How are you getting it from your phone to the tv? I thought the redzone and live games were blocked from outputting from the phone.

How are you getting it from your phone to the tv? I thought the redzone and live games were blocked from outputting from the phone.
Phone screencast to Chromecast. The performance/framerate wasn't good enough for me to stick with it though. Just watching it on my phone for now. Less than ideal but worth avoiding a full cable bill.

Users who are viewing this thread