What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo's Top 50 for 2006 (1 Viewer)

gbill2004

Footballguy
1 Shaun Alexander, Sea, RB Could lose top spot depending on where he signs - 2 LaDainian Tomlinson, SD, RB - 3 Larry Johnson, KC, RB Holmes will be back, but in a lesser role - 4 Edgerrin James, Ind, RB - 5 Peyton Manning, Ind, QB - 6 Tiki Barber, NYG RB - 7 Carson Palmer, Cin, QB Weapons, consistency to be force for a long time - 8 Marvin Harrison, Ind, WR The classic -- numbers are there in the end -- player - 9 Steve Smith, Car, WR - 10 Rudi Johnson, Cin, RB - 11 Torry Holt, StL, WR Stud despite QB carousel; Will welcome Bulger return - 12 Chad Johnson, Cin, WR - 13 LaMont Jordan, Oak, RB Passed featured back test with flying colors - 14 Anquan Boldin, Ari, WR Dynamic ... - 15 Larry Fitzgerald, Ari, WR ... Duo - 16 Corey Dillon, NE, RB Has 26 TDs in first 27 games in NE - 17 Antonio Gates, SD, TE - 18 Clinton Portis, Was, RB Atoned for '04, and in a good spot going forward - 19 Carnell Williams, TB, RB Needs to be more consistent, but he's a HR hitter - 20 Hines Ward, Pit, WR - 21 Steven Jackson, StL, RB He's capable of much more; Faulk may not return - 22 Donovan McNabb, Phi, QB Needs WRs, be it #1 pick or free agent - 23 Randy Moss, Oak, WR Wasted year, but he's still a red zone terror - 24 Deuce McAllister, NO, RB Will be fully ready for '06 season (ACL) - 25 Julius Jones, Dal, RB If Parcells retires, that would leave some uncertainty - 26 Terrell Owens, FA, WR Don't know where he'll be, but he'll be somewhere - 27 Tom Brady, NE, QB A pick that comes with a quality guarantee - 28 Willis McGahee, Buf, RB A bum in 2nd half, but he can be much better - 29 Kevin Jones, Det, RB Like Moss, ready to write '05 off as bad experience - 30 Santana Moss, Was, WR At times, Brunell/Moss are like Delhomme/Smith - 31 Chris Chambers, Mia, WR Goal line skills are matched by few WRs - 32 Matt Hasselbeck, Sea, QB Efficient leader of NFL's top offense - 33 Michael Vick, Atl, QB Matured as a passer in 2nd half - 34 Daunte Culpepper, Min, QB Benefit of doubt, but he'll be a tough pick to make - 35 Warrick Dunn, Atl, RB Something to be said for always a 1,000 yards - 36 Darrell Jackson, Sea, WR Should be a 1,200-yard shoe-in in '06 - 37 Jeremy Shockey, NYG, TE Only issue is playing style takes a toll - 38 Plaxico Burress, NYG, WR Fade down the stretch is disconcerting - 39 Reggie Wayne, Ind, WR - 40 Andre Johnson, Hou, WR Still waiting on a true breakout year - 41 Joey Galloway, TB, WR He's older, but he's hardly lost a step - 42 Domanick Davis, Hou, RB Where Reggie Bush lands will push DD up or down - 43 Thomas Jones, Chi, RB Benson's gotta figure more into the '06 mix - 44 Reuben Droughns, Cle, RB Deserves to be Browns featured back again in '06 - 45 Mike Anderson, Den, RB This spot could go to Bell as offseason unfolds - 46 Tony Gonzalez, KC, TE Coming off worst year since '98 - 47 Marc Bulger, StL, QB Still has great weapons if he can stay healthy - 48 T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Cin, WR Plays a solid Robin to Chad Johnson's Batman - 49 Drew Brees, SD, QB Has averaged 25+ TD passes in past two years - 50 Ahman Green, GB, RB Likely to be featured again, be it GB or elsewhere - ON THE BUBBLE: Priest Holmes, KC, RB; Brian Westbrook, Phi, RB; Ricky Williams, Mia, RB; Ronnie Brown, Mia, RB; Willie Parker, Pit, RB; Isaac Bruce, StL, WR; Keenan McCardell, SD, WR; Roy Williams, Det, WR; Jason Witten, Dal, TE; Trent Green, KC, QB; Drew Bledsoe, Dal, QB; Ben Roethlisberger, Pit, QB; Jimmy Smith, Jac, WR; Todd Heap, Bal, TE; Javon Walker, GB, WR (Favre? ACL?); Jamal Lewis, Bal, RB; Eli Manning, NYG, QB; Terry Glenn, Dal, WR; Curtis Martin, NYJ, RB; Fred Taylor, Jac, RB; Chris Cooley, Was, RB/TE

Here's to hoping someone spends a top 5 pick on Peyton Manning again! :)Heck, even a first rounder would be overpaying for any QB in a "normal"ff points system.Besides the QBs being ranked too high overall for my taste, I don't thinkI'd put Marvin Harrison as the #1 WR overall (I'm in man-love with Holt'sconsistency).I could nitpick more but that's my first impression of the top part of the list.

A few quick comments on where I disagree.B Westbrook should be in the top 30. Always underrated.Culpepper is too high. Will not be the same, especially in 1st half of season.Dillon too high. He's going in a different direction than Portis and Cadillac.Galloway too high. Only one good season in ages and he's in the top 50?Jamal Lewis should be in the top 50. He should not be forgotten.P Manning and C Palmer should not be top 10. No QB should.

.....so they took this years final stats and arranged them in that order?

The creativity here is brutal - and hence these are useless.
Uhm, no. I just checked your theory, and it is not correct. Nice try though :rolleyes:

Here's to hoping someone spends a top 5 pick on Peyton Manning again! :)

Heck, even a first rounder would be overpaying for any QB in a "normal"

ff points system.

Besides the QBs being ranked too high overall for my taste, I don't think

I'd put Marvin Harrison as the #1 WR overall (I'm in man-love with Holt's

consistency).

I could nitpick more but that's my first impression of the top part of the list.
Nice call on M Harrison. He's good, but I won't see him going first WR in any draft.

Uhm, no. I just checked your theory, and it is not correct. Nice try though :rolleyes:
Actually it is very close - and they throw in the odd Deuce and Daunte pick somewhere to mix it up.Go ahead and use it - but there is nothing here revolutionary at all - and expect to not win your league clown.

Show me where they go off the edge and make a prediction of ranking worthy of a gutsy call.

Actually it is very close - and they throw in the odd Deuce and Daunte pick somewhere to mix it up.Go ahead and use it - but there is nothing here revolutionary at all - and expect to not win your league clown.

Show me where they go off the edge and make a prediction of ranking worthy of a gutsy call.
I'm going to take the high road here and I'm not even going to respond to your immature comments (i.e. calling me a clown).The purpose of this is to spawn some debate. And keep in mind this top 50 list will likely drastically change by the start next season.

Bottom line Adrian, if you don't like this post, then don't look at it and don't reply. If you have some constructive comments, then I'd be interested to hear them. Thanks - I appreciate your cooperation.

If Brees is back, Gates is in my top 12. He's worth that much to me.
I agree completely. I'll have no problem taking him where I would normally take a #1WR or even higher and still end up with 2 solid #1/#2 WR types later on. He's proven to be as consistent over the past 2 years as anyone for TDs, receptions, and yardage.

I'm going to take the high road here and I'm not even going to respond to your immature comments (i.e. calling me a clown).The purpose of this is to spawn some debate. And keep in mind this top 50 list will likely drastically change by the start next season.

Bottom line Adrian, if you don't like this post, then don't look at it and don't reply. If you have some constructive comments, then I'd be interested to hear them. Thanks - I appreciate your cooperation.
You found it tough to find a gutsy call then - thanks - we agree!

Got to love a top 50 with no scoring system given.Of course, it is Yahoo, so maybe I should be happy that all the players they named were in the NFL.

Jordan should be higher with his 272 rushes, 70 catches, 11 TDs and 1500+ total yards. That is alot of production.

Users who are viewing this thread