What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You may have free tickets at Ticketmaster due to settlement...but probably not (1 Viewer)

i finally found some concerts but when i try using a voucher for two GA tix it only takes one off.  So now each one is only worth 1 voucher.. what a PIA

Well I guess they are making attempts to make the site better. They added back in all the events and the one's that the free tickets are used up are identified as such. Would prefer those don't show up but better than when they started. And they have a location search function now so that's good.

Well I guess they are making attempts to make the site better. They added back in all the events and the one's that the free tickets are used up are identified as such. Would prefer those don't show up but better than when they started. And they have a location search function now so that's good.
All of them show sold out now.

UPDATE JUNE 22 11:30 PM EDT At this time, nearly $5m worth of eligible ticket vouchers have been redeemed and the first wave of eligible events has been closed. Given the overwhelming interest, Ticketmaster is adding another $5m worth of eligible tickets so more class members can redeem ticket vouchers. Please check back tomorrow for additional information.

Yeah, I have about 15 free sets of tickets, but guess what? No shows in Oregon or Washington. Ticketmaster can go suck a big fat ****. So typical. Hope their site gets hacked, and often.

Yeah, I have about 15 free sets of tickets, but guess what? No shows in Oregon or Washington. Ticketmaster can go suck a big fat ****. So typical. Hope their site gets hacked, and often.
What a bunch of BS. They should give you air fare to some shows so you can use those vouchers.

How does that hurt TM?  Whoever bought the ticket originally paid their fees.  You are just f'ng yourself paying a higher price on the secondary market.
It won't hurt TM. TM won't give a ####. I'm just a "principals" kind of guy and so won't give them any more money. The only real effect I see is I won't be going to NBA games anymore most likely. And I didn't go to a single one last season anyways.

I did give it a second chance when they said they added more shows. The result was posted above. Just more frustration with TM.

Also Ticketmaster agreed to provide $5 million in ticket vouchers for select Live Nation concerts through May 2017, subject to availability and a cap of 17 claims per account. Given the tremendous initial interest for these tickets, Ticketmaster will increase to $10 million its allotment of tickets made available through May 2017. The potential for additional tickets will be based on the redemption rates of the discount and UPS vouchers.
WAT?

Wait, so what they're saying is that once this next wave of tickets they're releasing are gone, that's it? So, even though they don't expire until 2020, you'll never actually get to use them? 

FYI, new events were added last night. I was finally able to find something near me for someone I heard of (Gwen Stefani) and used 2 voucher codes to get 4 tickets. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, the event I wanted was already sold out by the time it worked...

Are things coming out in future years?  I already have tickets to the only non-Gwen Stefani/Toby Keith event in my area

Settlement agreement

If I'm reading it right, according to 2.2(c), TM is required to make $42 million worth of tickets available over 4 years. During the first year, and each subsequent year, there is a requirement of 10.5m worth of tickets to be made available. However, any amount over the $10.5 million/year can be deducted from subsequent years. Basically, they need to offer a combined $10.5 million by 6/18/17, $21 million by 6/18/18, $31.5 million by 6/18/19 and $42 million by 6/18/20.

Since they have already made 15 million available, they've fulfilled their first year requirement and almost 1/2 of the second year requirement. They have until 6/18/18 to release a minimum of $6 million more in tickets.

I'm not a lawyer and slept in my own bed last night, so not sure if I'm interpreting that correctly.  

To date, class members have redeemed nearly $15M worth of ticket vouchers, almost three times the amount required by the settlement this year. At this time, the eligible event list has closed. We will periodically notify class members who have signed up for the e-mail subscription service when additional inventory becomes available.

How many people am I competing against?

Ticketmaster sent an estimated $386 million worth of discount codes to nearly 57 million people, according to Steven Blonder, a leading attorney on the lawsuit and a principal at the law firm Much Shelist.

Recall that the company is obligated to pay out only $42 million, and it becomes apparent that most of the vouchers will never be redeemed.

I followed the lead of some in this thread and just bought everything I could get my hands on all over the country as soon as this happened and got 17 pairs to various shows.  Managed to sell 16 of them on the secondary market (damn you, Gwen Stefani !) and made $1,000 pure profit.  I would recommend that anyone reading this do the same if and when any more tickets become available if you have a bunch of vouchers.

I followed the lead of some in this thread and just bought everything I could get my hands on all over the country as soon as this happened and got 17 pairs to various shows.  Managed to sell 16 of them on the secondary market (damn you, Gwen Stefani !) and made $1,000 pure profit.  I would recommend that anyone reading this do the same if and when any more tickets become available if you have a bunch of vouchers.
how did you sell them? stubhub, craigslist type of thing?

Woke up to this beauty in my inbox:

You are receiving this email because you requested to be notified when eligible events would be posted for ticket voucher redemption.

If you are a class member in possession of ticket vouchers as part of the settlement, please visit http://settlement.livenation.com for an updated list of eligible events.  Ticket vouchers can only be redeemed on listed events accessed directly through http://settlement.livenation.com.

Ticket vouchers are only redeemable for select events in Live Nation owned or operated venues, subject to availability, on a first-come, first-served basis. 

View your active vouchers here.  Note that your Live Nation login and password is the same as your Ticketmaster login and password.

Unfortunately, there's no events currently listed, but I believe they are getting ready to release another $5 million in lawn seats to various amphitheaters across the country for events that still have a high volume of lawn seats available.

Users who are viewing this thread