What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your mt rushmore of sitcoms (2 Viewers)

Seinfeld

The Office

Big Bang Theory

Friends

Put me in the "MASH is the most overrated sitcom" camp...never thought it was funny...maybe a generational thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
IASIP 

Taxi

Cheers 

Seinfeld

But love a ton more the office, frasier, Night Court etc

WKRP - soley based on the character of Herb Tarlek
Barney Miller - Ridiculously underrated 
Mary Tyler Moore - Ted Baxter made me laugh
The Office - watched each episode countless times and still laugh as hard as I did the first time around

Flight Of The Conchords (mainly season 1) *

Taxi

Futurama (original set of seasons)

Simpsons (seasons 2-9)

------------------------------------------------

Seinfeld

The Office (British)

WKRP

Absolutely Fabulous

Veep

Archer

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Night Court

Police Squad!

Silicon Valley

Big Mouth

* Not sure if Flight Of The Conchords is technically a sit com, if not, sub in Seinfeld.

I'm just going to my childhood and what I used to watch and love. It's not going to be anyone else's Mt Rushmore and I'm not saying these are the best sitcoms ever, but they are the ones that I think of.

The Cosby Show

Family Ties

Friends

The Jeffersons

Honorable Mentions -- Who's the Boss and Everybody Loves Raymond

I'm just going to my childhood and what I used to watch and love. It's not going to be anyone else's Mt Rushmore and I'm not saying these are the best sitcoms ever, but they are the ones that I think of.

The Cosby Show

Family Ties

Friends

The Jeffersons

if this was a line up of the best PopTart flavors - "Who's The Boss" would be the unfrosted rhubarb Toast'em.  

Village Idiot said:
Green Acres (Episodes with Mr. Haney or Ebb or Arnold Ziffel are always money)

Scrubs

Cheers

Police Squad!
Ooooo... forgot Scrubs.  Loved that show!

gianmarco said:

The Cosby Show

Family Ties

Friends

The Jeffersons

Oh, come on!

the #### Van Dyke Show - This show made me want to grow up to be funny. And marry Mary Tyler Moore.

Soap - First time I felt like I was watching comic genius and not simply comedy.

It's Gary Shandling's Show - Layers of complex creativity disguised as simple silliness.

Arrested Development - Narrator: It was the pinnacle of all television.

The Office, Seinfeld, Cheers, and Big Bang Theory.

The nearby Crazy Horse type secondary monument:

Scrubs, The League, Silicon Valley, and The Simpsons.

The Office, Seinfeld, Cheers, and Big Bang Theory.

The nearby Crazy Horse type secondary monument:

Scrubs, The League, Silicon Valley, and The Simpsons.
I totally forgot about this one.  It was awesome for a few seasons before it got played out.

the #### Van Dyke Show - This show made me want to grow up to be funny. And marry Mary Tyler Moore.

Soap - First time I felt like I was watching comic genius and not simply comedy.

It's Gary Shandling's Show - Layers of complex creativity disguised as simple silliness.

Haven't seen shandling show mentioned a lot in here.  Extremely rewatchable.

For those with HBO ...or looking for a reason to get HBO for a few months - the entire series is on there.  

MTM the first woman on television who looked good in pants.

Also it should be noted that although not a sitcom in the traditional sense, Batman circa 1966 certainly fits the bill in my book. Although I'm sure Bob Kane and Christopher Nolan would like everyone to forget that particular delve into SPLATTY doofiness.
But as luck would have it, (depending on your time zone) today the 17th is National Batman Day. I got to spend the day watching my DVD Box set with my 14 Year old Bat-Buddy shouting our punching sound effects with glee (much to Mrs Simsarge's eye rolling chagrin). Couldn't get him to show me his best Batusi tho.

Wow, I feel the need to include one old timey show in my list and what I’m going to put in isn’t mentioned once, neither favorably or unfavorably. I blame my parents if it is somehow looked down upon, but of all the classics from that era this one made young me laugh the most and even provided certain references I still use to this day:

The Beverly Hillbillies (pre-color)
Cheers/Frasier (can’t decide right now, but one of these 2 is on the mountain)
The Simpsons
The Office

Tons of honorable mentions available, liked the suggestion by someone for Crazy Horse statue nearby for all these options. But to make the mountain, for me, it’s not the funniest necessarily but impact to how it’s done. Also, Friends is trash and Curb rendered Seinfeld unwatchable

Cheers

Seinfeld

Curb Your Enthusiasm

The Office

There are very few others that I like even a little. I wonder if we’ll ever see a sitcom as unique & brilliant as The Office again.

I truly love sitcoms, so many difficult choices here. I'll go:

Andy Griffith Show (black and white only)
Parks and Rec
Seinfeld
The Office

Seinfeld
Cheers
2-1/2 Men
Modern Family

ETA: There are a few that don't belong in the "best" conversation but they crack me up every time I watch an episode. They include Last Man Standing, Rules of Engagement, & The New Adventures of Old Christine.

Seinfeld
Cheers
2-1/2 Men
Modern Family

ETA: There are a few that don't belong in the "best" conversation but they crack me up every time I watch an episode. They include Last Man Standing, Rules of Engagement, & The New Adventures of Old Christine.
:goodposting:

I'd linclude Blackish in that list as well.

i am starting over and deleting my prior post because i missed up big time i say bonanza simpsons and cheers but i forgot about happy days so those are my four happy days is a damned national treasure take that to the bank brochachos

Modern Family, Parks & Rec, The Office, The Simpsons, Curb Your Enthusiasm, All in the Family, Cheers

Not sure I can rank them.

The big 3 for me are carved in granite (yes pun intended) no brainers. The 4th could be any number of shows imo.

Seinfeld

The Office

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread