What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your return call etiquette/habit (1 Viewer)

belljr

Footballguy
Someone in your contacts calls you but does not leave a message.

They do not text either.

Do you return the call? What is the amount of time past that you don't bother to call back?

Depends who.

My wife, I text back.
My parents I’ll call.
Others, only if I’m planning something with them.
About where I'm at.

Wife/kid/Mom - I'll text back

If I'm waiting for someone somewhere and I somehow miss their call, I'll call them back.

I don't call back. If they want me to, they need to tell me that via message or text. A blank call doesn't require a call-back. 99% of all calls are people accidentally hitting the stupid redial button on their earbuds/headphones anyway.

If it's someone I know, I'll usually text first and ask what's up or if they need something or if I was a butt dial.

A number I don't know, I'll call.

Only exception is my wife, and then it depends on if I'm in trouble or not.

If someone in my contacts other than family or my closet two friends calls me.

24 hour rule.

Family and closet to buddies I call back same day asap.

If it's someone in my contacts (so someone I know), I will text them to see if there was anything of consequence going on.

I’d probably send a text saying “you called?”

Also if someone calls me I assume someone died or is in the hospital or something
100% this.

Only exceptions are my mom and my wife. They get calls back. If my daughter calls, clearly the end of the world is nigh.

No.

I'm assuming butt dial. If they want something, they'll call back or text. Unless it is from a contact that I haven't heard from in a while or my lady or mom.

Pet peeve ... 1 of my sales staff of 4 calls a customer and leaves a detailed voicemail.
At some point later in the day the customer sees a missed call and calls us back "Yeah, use guys called?"
The new sales person has no idea who called the customer or why ... and neither does the customer because they refuse to listen to voicemail.
and the game of 20 questions ensues; "what is your name sir?" .... "did we leave a voicemail?" .... "OK, you didn't listen to your voicemail. Any idea why we might be calling you?"

Pet peeve ... 1 of my sales staff of 4 calls a customer and leaves a detailed voicemail.
At some point later in the day the customer sees a missed call and calls us back "Yeah, use guys called?"
The new sales person has no idea who called the customer or why ... and neither does the customer because they refuse to listen to voicemail.
and the game of 20 questions ensues; "what is your name sir?" .... "did we leave a voicemail?" .... "OK, you didn't listen to your voicemail. Any idea why we might be calling you?"
CRM system down?

CRM system down?
As they all should be.

My favorites are the people that will only call back if you leave a voicemail, but then never listen to it.
Is it OK if I read it instead?
If you can pass the below voice to text quiz, then yes....

"Hey daddy. Was calling to our date you, the order opposed to shop tomorrow has pen managed and will belay."
Hello Father. I'm calling to update you, the order supposed to ship tomorrow has been damaged and will be late.
:help:

My favorites are the people that will only call back if you leave a voicemail, but then never listen to it.
Is it OK if I read it instead?
If you can pass the below voice to text quiz, then yes....

"Hey daddy. Was calling to our date you, the order opposed to shop tomorrow has pen managed and will belay."
Hey, Danny. Was calling to update you. The order supposed to ship tomorrow has been damaged and will be late.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread