What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tatum Bell begins his takeover (1 Viewer)

Implying that Bell is about to take over is far fetched but I've said it before and I'll say it again, some of the Griffin supporters seem infatuated with the guy to the point of being obsessive. Someone posted above that hopefully people are taking him as their 3rd RB or later and I agree that he should not be going any earlier than that. But I have a not so sneaking suspicion that a lot are taking him sooner and they could be in for a real disappointment. This situation screams of uncertainty where any of the following has a very good chance of happening: Griffin replaced at some point, RBBC, team underperforms as a whole and Griffin posts atypically low #'s for a Denver back. I've asked on more than one occasion for some projections from the Griffin fanatics, Breddick in particular. Maybe I missed the post but I have not yet seen these numbers. Something quantitative like that would tell me if I am correct that Griffin is being overvalued or if I'm incorrect and it's just hope and excitement for this particular player.

I didn't see the game, just read about it everywhere (Ramnation.com, Denver Post)...how did Van Pelt look?
One series only. I was hoping we'd see him the whole 4th Q. 1st pass was shaky, then he seemed to settle in. Hit his marks, last 2 passes were long gainers, and he finished the drive with a TD run that Griffin wishes he could make.It hurts to think that DEN is going to carry Kannell as its #2 QB but can't find a spot for Van Pelt. His linemen would kill for him - kind of like how GB feels about Favre.
:wall: There will be some seriously pissed off Coloradoans, if Van Pelt lands somewhere else.I would love to see what Parcells would do with the guy.

OK, I know the bus was here on page one, but apparently some people in this thread didn't notice, and forgot to get on. :11: :11: ALL ABOARD! :11: :11: :wall:

I didn't see the game, just read about it everywhere (Ramnation.com, Denver Post)...how did Van Pelt look?
One series only. I was hoping we'd see him the whole 4th Q. 1st pass was shaky, then he seemed to settle in. Hit his marks, last 2 passes were long gainers, and he finished the drive with a TD run that Griffin wishes he could make.It hurts to think that DEN is going to carry Kannell as its #2 QB but can't find a spot for Van Pelt. His linemen would kill for him - kind of like how GB feels about Favre.
:wall: There will be some seriously pissed off Coloradoans, if Van Pelt lands somewhere else.I would love to see what Parcells would do with the guy.
FYI - I saw this morning on ramnation there was a link (I think to broncos.com) that had a video clip of the entire BVP drive. Run Houston Run!!!

FYI - I saw this morning on ramnation there was a link (I think to broncos.com) that had a video clip of the entire BVP drive. Run Houston Run!!!
:excited: Thanks for that...I'm on my way...

Yes and Griffin is #1 :thumbup:
I will retract this statement if I am mistaken and you have responded somewhere with some projections. But I believe this is the THIRD time I have called you out over the past 4 weeks or so to give some sort of projections for Griffin and it appears that you are purposely ignoring the issue. I found one of those threads below:http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...4692&hl=griffinAnyway, I see you are still viewing the thread, so how about some numbers? Otherwise, I can only assume that you refuse out of fear that you will be wrong and made to look foolish later.

:excited: Thanks for that...I'm on my way...
Had another window open, here ya gohttp://home.comcast.net/~nut-meg/

I will retract this statement if I am mistaken and you have responded somewhere with some projections.
Better start retracting...BREDDICK and my projections can be found here.Although those projections are about a month old. I'd probably bump Hearst's stats down slightly right now, and bump Bell's stats up slightly.

Thanks, did not know he had projections there. I take back the implication that he was completely avoiding the issue. Still, would have appreciated some response when I posed the question several times, even if it was just a comment like yours to look at that thread.

I don't think 1000 yards and 5-7 TDs rushing and 2-3 recieving is out of the question either. I figured his projections would be a whole lot more bullish, considering the passion I see in the numerous posts about him. I think those numbers are about right, IF he stays healthy and IF he continues to get the majority of the carries all season. But I'd still take him after most of the other RBs projected for similar numbers and even a few that I think have more upside because I think he has a lot of risk of being replaced, RBBC, ineffectiveness as I posted earlier. Somewhere around RB #25-28.

And for the record' date=' I never claimed Griffin would be the starter all season long, all I ever said was that he'll start the season as Denver's featured RB (and yeah, I was right about that one).[/quote']
I anticipate at SOME POINT this year [bell] may take over - - but I'm not IGNORANT. It is Griffin's job to lose' date=' not Bell's job to win.[/quote']
Im just saying all Q has to do is fumble twice in a game.....rush for a crappy YPC the first 4 weeks or do something really really dumb and Tatum will be out there with the 1st team offence
All I am saying is that Q doesn't have a strangle hold on the starting job as much as most of you would like to think
I've said all along that I don't know who the starting RB in DEN will be in week 8
:rotflmao: For weeks there has been bluster and argument and hyperbole about these guys with everyone taking' date=' for the most part, uncompromising positions about "their" guy. Now, with the season kicking off in a week, everyone's hedging. :rotflmao: [/quote']

For my part, I have not been consistent, or particularly in favor of any one guy, but have simply analyzed the facts each day based on an ever chanhging landscape in the Denver backfield.

If, in two weeks, Griffin has had back to back 100+ yd games and the Broncos are winning, I will probably say that it won't be until mid-season that you'll even see Bell on the field.

If he struggles, I'll be looking for more Bell in week 3.

In FF, you must be like Kerry and flip flop. If you stand hard and firm behind a player regardless of the facts, you become Bush - steady and determined, but wrong.

LOL!
It probably wasn't fair to include you in the quote, because you haven't been particularly bombastic up to now, but just seeing all those statements one right after the other, I thought I had walked into a Waffle House!

Yes and Griffin is #1 :thumbup:
I will retract this statement if I am mistaken and you have responded somewhere with some projections. But I believe this is the THIRD time I have called you out over the past 4 weeks or so to give some sort of projections for Griffin and it appears that you are purposely ignoring the issue. I found one of those threads below:http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...4692&hl=griffinAnyway, I see you are still viewing the thread, so how about some numbers? Otherwise, I can only assume that you refuse out of fear that you will be wrong and made to look foolish later.
i think he is going to be a top 10-15 RB this yr....here ya go: 1,438yds 11TD; 47/376 2TD

OK, I know the bus was here on page one, but apparently some people in this thread didn't notice, and forgot to get on. :11: :11: ALL ABOARD! :11: :11: :wall:
:honda:, even though you declared it. Macdaddy has a front row seat.

I really don't understand the amount of hype around Tatum Bell. The knock on him in the draft was the guy has great size and amazing speed for a back (4.2-4.3/40), but wasn't particularly elusive. He was also benched in college due to fumbling problems and that continued to be an issue throughout much of his college career at OSU. I don't have access to combine/scouting reports, but here is an article that speaks to it:

Broncos Gazette

Couple that with the fact that the guy has fumbled THREE times in the preseason even though he has only played in two games against mostly 2nd and third stringers, and that leads me to believe that Q is the starter barring an injury. NFL coaches won't start a player that turns the ball over -- PERIOD.

Users who are viewing this thread