What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (3 Viewers)

our trip in Sept cost about $4500 for 4 days.
sorry Disney is not worth $4500
guess if you are a broke-### then prolly not...
Lived in North Florida all my life. I have been to all the parks many times. Back in November my wife and I took our daughter to Magic Kingdom (for the kids), Animal Kingdom (great if you like animals) and MGM. We dropped $1,000. They are VERY overpriced. I paid $6,000 to go to Hawaii.

Lived in North Florida all my life. I have been to all the parks many times. Back in November my wife and I took our daughter to Magic Kingdom (for the kids), Animal Kingdom (great if you like animals) and MGM. We dropped $1,000. They are VERY overpriced. I paid $6,000 to go to Hawaii.
blah, blah, blah...nice backpedal...

get a real job..

blah, blah, blah...nice backpedal...

get a real job..
;)

how strict are they on the height requirements...

my youngest is about 38", lots of rides are looking for 40"...

i bot some large heel shoes but he needs a little more...
You should be ok, but some of the rides aren't for little kids - like Mission Space.

does it rain or is it just wet in general...

should i take an umbrella each day expecting a shower in the afternoon...
No. Check the weather reports - the weather channel down there has a special bulletin just for Disney World, and the Disney info channels have their own weather reports.

are backpacks allowed...

are there restrictions on what i can bring in...

i'm thinking some kid snacks and unopened bottled water...
They are allowed - they will be searched upon entering all the parks. You can have snacks and water. All bags are checked - backpacks to purses.

another question..

my 2 year old is the one who is real close to 40"...

so i'm not buying him a ticket..

assuming he slides by the height restriction will he be allowed to ride without a ticket...
They don't check your tickets once you're in the park. You slide your ticket through a biometric scanner at the front gate, and then everything inside is for you to play with - with a few restrictions like special tours, the Segway tours, and the concerts at the ampitheatre in the American pavilion.

thanks yankee, was hoping you would stop by...

i've printed some of your earlier posts to schedule stuff with...

thanks for everything...

You should be ok, but some of the rides aren't for little kids - like Mission Space.
Speaking of which, I was really thrown by how people totally avoid this ride now. Jeez, just because 2 people died in the last year. The wait was never more than 30 minutes for the "intense" ride and no wait at all for the "less intense" ride.I was actually glad they put in the lesser version. We did the full deal a couple years ago and while I thought it was awesome, my kids are prone to motion sickness. The one who was big enough for the ride two years ago decided against orange team this time out. My little guy LOVED the ride and insisted we go back enough times for him to be each type of crew member. :)

Speaking of which, I was really thrown by how people totally avoid this ride now. Jeez, just because 2 people died in the last year. The wait was never more than 30 minutes for the "intense" ride and no wait at all for the "less intense" ride.I was actually glad they put in the lesser version. We did the full deal a couple years ago and while I thought it was awesome, my kids are prone to motion sickness. The one who was big enough for the ride two years ago decided against orange team this time out. My little guy LOVED the ride and insisted we go back enough times for him to be each type of crew member. :)
I don't think it's a ride for young kids period. Between the force, the close quarters and the visuals while it's going on, there is a lot for a young brain to deal with. I don't sick on stuff like that, ever, but walking out of the ride even I stumbled slightly to get my bearings set again.

thanks for everything...
Like I have said - my main advice is that if you know you are going to go again, don't try to get everything done in one trip. It turns into a job more then a vacation.

thanks for everything...
Like I have said - my main advice is that if you know you are going to go again, don't try to get everything done in one trip. It turns into a job more then a vacation.
Pretty good advice. Been reading a lot from the links given here and checked out a couple of books from the library. The Itenary's some of them talk about are just :loco: One recommended telling your kids that there are designated times for meeting characters and if they see one walking down the street don't run to them as we will see them later. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

News flash... If you are taking kids to Disney World, It is for thier enjoyment.. NOT yours :wall:

We have some lunch/dinner reservations. Short of those plus Cinderellas Royal Table breakfast and fantasmic! we are not on a Time limit.

We are there for our duaghter to have fun and enjoy the vacation.

If she decides she wants to go back to Fantasyland 3 times during our 2 days in MK so be it.

I have certain things I'd like to see and do but if I don't get to them :shrug: I'm adult I can live with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks for everything...
Pretty good advice. Been reading a lot from the links given here and checked out a couple of books from the library. The Itenary's some of them talk about are just :loco: One recommended telling your kids that there are designated times for meeting characters and if they see one walking down the street don't run to them as we will see them later. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

News flash... If you are taking kids to Disney World, It is for thier enjoyment.. NOT yours :wall:
If the characters are something you want to do, one thing we noticed this last trip was that those lines are almost nonexistent in the mornings. Granted, this is also when the lines at the most popular rides are shortest also. What we found that worked out well was my wife would stay with the kids in the character sections and I'd go get a fastpass to whatever was the most popular ride that we wanted to do at that particular park. One thing to note about the Fastpass is that it is not necessary to be at that ride on the scheduled time frame that is printed on the FP ticket. I read this prior to our last trip and I also asked guest services upon arrival at each park. They all said the same thing... that the fastpass doesn't expire until the close of the park that day no matter what timeframe is printed on the FP ticket. However, at EPCOT, and only EPCOT, I did get some heat from the Maelstorm crew for trying to use a fastpass at 4:00pm that had a range of 2:00 to 3:00pm printed on it.

Any of you belong to the Disney Vacation Club or ever considered buying into it?
No, don't plan on going enough to make it worth my while.Have read others that go there often though that love it.78 days and counting until we head to Disney World. :pickle:

I was just there over Labor Day Weekend and had a great time

Since Labor Day is the start of their down season, we got a great deal. 5 days included rooms / park hoppers / disney dining for about $1700.

When you do the math and compare it the peak season, we basically ate for free as our disney dining was pretty much free.

Got in Wednesday before Labor Day as the remainder of what was Hurrican Ernesto was coming through. Just a lot of rain, nothing more than that, and it was gone by Thursday morning.

That thing scared everyone away I think. On Thursday, we waited 10 minutes at the most for every ride at the Magic Kingdom. It was a great day.

As it turned to the weekend, it got a little more crowded but nothing too bad. All the big rides had 30-40 minutes waits, but that's why they have Fast Passes. Do take advantage of them

As for the must sees

Magic Kingdon - The parade and the fireworks are great. The parade goes right down Main St around 9:00 PM and the fireworks start at about 10:00 over the castle. Its a great way to end your day. We got really lucky and had reservations for Tony's Restraunt @ 8:15 and they were swamped, so we didn't get seated unil about 8:45, but we did get seated outside on the porch which gave us a great view of the parade while we were eating.

MGM - Lights, Action, Speed!!!! Stunt show is really cool. Lots of cars and motorcycles doing manuveurs and stunts. Indiana Jones stunt show is my favorite thing there. Just a great show. Rock and Roll Rollercoaster is very cool if you can stomach Aerosmith being blared in your ears. End of the night they do a show called Fantasmic. An awesome show about Mickey vs. all of the evil characters from the Disney movies. It is the must see of all the disney parks.

Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest is the new roller coaster there and it is the most imaginitive roller coaster I have ever been on. I highly recomend spending whatever amount of time it takes to get on this ride. Its well worth it.

Epcot - Test Track and Soarin' are great rides. Both are very fun and most kids 5 and up are big enough to go on them. Some might be a little scared, but there's nothing scary about either of them, they'll be fine.

Didn't get to go on the rocketship ride, but I hear its really cool.

Have fun!!!

Magic Kingdon - The parade and the fireworks are great. The parade goes right down Main St around 9:00 PM and the fireworks start at about 10:00 over the castle. Its a great way to end your day. We got really lucky and had reservations for Tony's Restraunt @ 8:15 and they were swamped, so we didn't get seated unil about 8:45, but we did get seated outside on the porch which gave us a great view of the parade while we were eating.MGM - Lights, Action, Speed!!!! Stunt show is really cool. Lots of cars and motorcycles doing manuveurs and stunts. Indiana Jones stunt show is my favorite thing there. Just a great show. Rock and Roll Rollercoaster is very cool if you can stomach Aerosmith being blared in your ears. End of the night they do a show called Fantasmic. An awesome show about Mickey vs. all of the evil characters from the Disney movies. It is the must see of all the disney parks.Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest is the new roller coaster there and it is the most imaginitive roller coaster I have ever been on. I highly recomend spending whatever amount of time it takes to get on this ride. Its well worth it.Epcot - Test Track and Soarin' are great rides. Both are very fun and most kids 5 and up are big enough to go on them. Some might be a little scared, but there's nothing scary about either of them, they'll be fine.Didn't get to go on the rocketship ride, but I hear its really cool.Have fun!!!
Thanks for the report.We are going December 9th-14. Christmas time down there is suppose to be spectacular and we are going right before the main rush starts.

Thanks for the report.We are going December 9th-14. Christmas time down there is suppose to be spectacular and we are going right before the main rush starts.
It will be fun. We went right before Thanksgiving last year and they had a bunch of stuff, if not everything, already set up for xmas.Check out the city area of MGM. It is an amazing display of christmas lights down the entire block.

It will be fun. We went right before Thanksgiving last year and they had a bunch of stuff, if not everything, already set up for xmas.Check out the city area of MGM. It is an amazing display of christmas lights down the entire block.
:yes:We are going there our first full day down there(Sunday the 10th). We have Reservations for dinner and Fantasmic which should get us off to a great start. :thumbup:

How anybody could go in months other than October to April is beyond me. Stifling humidity. I usually like to stop sweating by 10pm..

3 More sleeps and we will be on our way!!

Leaving 20's and clouds to go to 72-78 highs with sunshine.. :pickle:

We were there last year at the end of the first week in November.

We left the Magic Kingdom after the parade one night, and when we came in the next morning (during Extra Magic hours), the entire place had been decorated for Christmas.

Can't imagine how many people they had working all night on that. Funny thing was, they didn't let us in for about 15 minutes because they were filming a commercial on Main Street. They dropped the ropes and then filmed Mickey leading everyone up Main Street -- maybe they put out Christmas stuff early because they were shooting a holiday commercial.

3 More sleeps and we will be on our way!!Leaving 20's and clouds to go to 72-78 highs with sunshine.. :pickle:
You're going to have a lot of fun Snogger. The parks should have their Christmas decorations out. I love the Disney parks in Orlando around Christmas...
I just can't wait to start taking :pics: I now have two 512MB cards that with my 4Mp camera will hold about 240 Pics each and have a 256MB card as a backup. :pickle:

Looks like my family and I will be there during ESPN the Weekend. Has anyone been there for this before and have any tips on how to get the most out of it? My son; will be 9 at the time; loves sports and should get a kick out of meeting actual sports celebs.

How about a trip update and some :pics: snogger?
working on the pics. Have some of the first ones uploaded .. See sigas for the trip..We had a great time. 75-80 each day, only one day did it shower for about 30 minutes and that was it. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge and I will never stay any where else. It was so nice to leave the parks, get back to the lodge and feel like you weren't anywhere near Disney World.Longest wait we ever had the whole trip was for character signing which sometimes lasted 30 minutes in line. The longest ride line was 20 minutes for the Jungle Cruise.Wife & I both thought MGM was the best park of all(We didn't have time for Epcot). We were at MGM from 9am to 8pm and still didn't get to Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Rock & Roll Coaster or The Muppets in 3D. Easily could have spent another day there to see everything. The trip was about the daughter so spent a lot of time in lines getting character signatures and :pics: . Saw Fantasmic and it is definitely worth your time, great show. Osbourne Christmas lights were going on and they were great also.We tried our best not to run ourselves ragged but you couldn't help it at times. They have the shows all scheduled so closely together you tend to run from one to other. An example was Animal Kingdom.. Saw Nemo, then headed over to Lion King, then Pochantas before going to the safari. Last day there was our 2nd day at Magic Kingdom. Worked our way to frontierland where Splash Mountain and the Roller Coaster is. Daughter had never been on any roller coaster larger than a kiddie one but thought Splash Mountain looked like fun. I took her over and as we worked our way to the front of the line I kept asking her if she was sure. We came to the last exit and I told her, no turning back now. She just said "OK, just make sure you hang onto me".She LOVED it! She laughed at the end and said "That wasn't so bad, can we go on the railroad coaster now?" :confused: That one was a little rougher for her as that thing gets going pretty fast. At the end I asked her how she liked it and she said "Well, except when I felt like my stomach was going to fly out of me it was great" :lmao: It was definitely worth the money we spent. We are already talking about going back again in about 4 or 5 years. I think the final count was 420+ :pics: (a lot of double and triple takes) as well as 2 hours of video.The only thing I can say is please, PLEASE don't bring toddlers(under 4) there. Every parent I saw with a stroller looked wiped by noon and most of the kids were either sleeping or crying or asking to go back to the pool at the hotel.

as for the trip..We had a great time. 75-80 each day, only one day did it shower for about 30 minutes and that was it. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge and I will never stay any where else. It was so nice to leave the parks, get back to the lodge and feel like you weren't anywhere near Disney World.
I love the Wilderness Lodge but you are missing out if you don't try some of the other resorts. All of them have something unique and each has their own advantages. The Polynesian is our favorite -- love the atmosphere and it is the most convenient going to the parks.
Wife & I both thought MGM was the best park of all(We didn't have time for Epcot). We were at MGM from 9am to 8pm and still didn't get to Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Rock & Roll Coaster or The Muppets in 3D. Easily could have spent another day there to see everything. The trip was about the daughter so spent a lot of time in lines getting character signatures and :thumbdown: . Saw Fantasmic and it is definitely worth your time, great show. Osbourne Christmas lights were going on and they were great also.
Wow, you missed A LOT at MGM. ToT, R&R coaster and Muppets are three of the best attractions at MGM. Of course if you are going with little kids ToT and R&R might be too intense.
The only thing I can say is please, PLEASE don't bring toddlers(under 4) there. Every parent I saw with a stroller looked wiped by noon and most of the kids were either sleeping or crying or asking to go back to the pool at the hotel.
You can take little ones as long as you don't try to do too much and you go back to the hotel for a break. It is definitely better when your kids are 9+.

For the "Only if I knew" Part of this thread.

I would never...Let me repeat that NEVER go without using the dining plan.

The One dinner bill I saw before they realized we were on the dining plan for just the 3 of us was around $85. Add in Lunch for the 3 of us each day and a snack option each day and it more than paid for itself.

In our book, at least for us and for anyone with kids, Whispering Canyon Restraunt at Wilderness Lodge is a "Must See". The meal was GREAT but the atomosphere was 2nd to none. We had a blast there and would highly recommend it if you like to be entertained during your meal.

Will add more as it comes to me.

For Christmas this year the wife and I decided to join the Disney Vacation club. Since we are young (I'm 24) we figured it would be best to join now and later we will have a great time for cheap when we have kids. The cool thing is that there are plenty of other options besides Disney if you get sick of going. That sold it for me.

The meal plan is a must I agree. You don't have to worry about what to order. You just go for the most expensive thing without guilt.

I second that if you are travelling with kids!!!! The meal plan comes out to $35/day for adults and $10/day for kids 9 & under. For each person, you get 1 snack credit, 1 counter service credit, and 1 sit down meal credit per day. They say that the kids credits must be used for kids meals, but the have no way of verifying it. If you know how to use the credits properly, you can feed the family 3 meals/day with almost no out of pocket money. We have 3 kids and would use 2-3 credits in the morning for breakfast and pay a couple of $$ for extra drinks. A single breakfast platter was usually enough to feed my 2-yr old and 6 yr-old. We would also use 2-4 counter credits for lunch. The counter credits include drink, main course, side dish, and dessert. Again, 1 meal would feed my two younger kids. If you have lunch at one of the inexpensive restaurants, simply pay cash. We ate 1 lunch at the McDonald's at Animla Kingdom. The prices were comparable to a regular McD's, so it made sense to pay cash.

At dinner, if you're kid wants an inexpensive meal, pay cash for that one and save your credits for a nicer meal. Again, even though they say kids credits must be used for kids meals, their computer system does nto differentiate when calculating credits. The extra sit down credits can be used for a nicer lunch or for a reallt nice dinner (some of the nicer restaurants require two credits per meal)

For Christmas this year the wife and I decided to join the Disney Vacation club. Since we are young (I'm 24) we figured it would be best to join now and later we will have a great time for cheap when we have kids. The cool thing is that there are plenty of other options besides Disney if you get sick of going. That sold it for me. The meal plan is a must I agree. You don't have to worry about what to order. You just go for the most expensive thing without guilt.
We joined last month as well, 250 pts. I am 47 but my kids are 21, 20 and 18. The wife and I figure we can use it for a few years and then our kids can use it with their kids.

I second that if you are travelling with kids!!!! The meal plan comes out to $35/day for adults and $10/day for kids 9 & under. For each person, you get 1 snack credit, 1 counter service credit, and 1 sit down meal credit per day. They say that the kids credits must be used for kids meals, but the have no way of verifying it. If you know how to use the credits properly, you can feed the family 3 meals/day with almost no out of pocket money. We have 3 kids and would use 2-3 credits in the morning for breakfast and pay a couple of $$ for extra drinks. A single breakfast platter was usually enough to feed my 2-yr old and 6 yr-old. We would also use 2-4 counter credits for lunch. The counter credits include drink, main course, side dish, and dessert. Again, 1 meal would feed my two younger kids. If you have lunch at one of the inexpensive restaurants, simply pay cash. We ate 1 lunch at the McDonald's at Animla Kingdom. The prices were comparable to a regular McD's, so it made sense to pay cash.

At dinner, if you're kid wants an inexpensive meal, pay cash for that one and save your credits for a nicer meal. Again, even though they say kids credits must be used for kids meals, their computer system does nto differentiate when calculating credits. The extra sit down credits can be used for a nicer lunch or for a reallt nice dinner (some of the nicer restaurants require two credits per meal)
:bowtie: We even bought 3 Adult Counter Service meals at the sametime and didn't even get questioned.

Tried that the first day, after we saw it worked we went with the buffet meals most of the time for the wife & I and had or daughter just order a small appitizer that we piad $ for and then we piled it on our plates and let her eat what she wanted.

:yes: We even bought 3 Adult Counter Service meals at the sametime and didn't even get questioned.

Tried that the first day, after we saw it worked we went with the buffet meals most of the time for the wife & I and had or daughter just order a small appitizer that we piad $ for and then we piled it on our plates and let her eat what she wanted.
I can top you. We arrived in Orlando in the afternoon, checked into the hotel, and went to the Magic Kingdom for the fireworks show. We scoped out a table at the restaurant just before Tomorrowland, figuring we would eat & watch the show. My wife & two younger kids sat down. My son & I went to get the meals. The cashier, who must have been relatively new, punched us up for 2 counter service meals. Not knowing how it worked, I asked & she explained that you got a drink, main course, side dish, and dessert. So, Iorder 5 drinks, 5 meals, some potsitckers, egg rolls, and 5 desserts. She never adjusted to debit for 5 meals. Should have been like $75, and she only charged us for two counter service meals.

For Christmas this year the wife and I decided to join the Disney Vacation club. Since we are young (I'm 24) we figured it would be best to join now and later we will have a great time for cheap when we have kids. The cool thing is that there are plenty of other options besides Disney if you get sick of going. That sold it for me. The meal plan is a must I agree. You don't have to worry about what to order. You just go for the most expensive thing without guilt.
We joined last month as well, 250 pts. I am 47 but my kids are 21, 20 and 18. The wife and I figure we can use it for a few years and then our kids can use it with their kids.
Wife and I went on our honeymoon and we had the best time being kids during the day, and then romantic at night. It was fantastic. We went right after New years and the parks were perfect. We brought the Mickey and Minnie wedding hats. I told my wife I would only wear it one day, but we got special treatment the entire time. So, I decided to wear them the entire time. We got to start the fireworks on stage at pleasure island. We were the grand marshals in the MGM day parade. We got to ride several rides by ourselves, including splash mountain were we have a picture kissing going down the drop. Complimentary champagne and appitizers at resturants. Going with the entire family ( besides you and the kids) is extremly difficult and not worth doing at all if you don't want to split up for a big portion of the day.

Other "Things I wish I knew.."

Pirates is :yawn: Come on disney, you can't do better than that :thumbdown: Skip this

Haunted Mansion SUCKS..Skip it

Daughter had never been in a Haunted House , but after surviving Splash Mountain And Thunder Mountain she was willing to give it a try..

Afterwords she said "Dad, that sucked it wasn't even scary"

I asked "Well, was it more spooky than scary?" to which she replied "I've seen spookier Scooby cartoons" :thumbup: :shrug:

Unless you want "it's a small world" wandering in your head the rest of the day, bring some ear plugs.

Narinia :yawn: again Disney, that's the best you could come up with?? :headbang: Skip it

Stiches Revenge.. Daughter loved this so much she talked my wife into going on it. One word of caution.. I hope you like Chilli dogs. :lmao:

Again, will update as I remember more.

Other "Things I wish I knew.."Pirates is :yawn: Come on disney, you can't do better than that :wall: Skip thisHaunted Mansion SUCKS..Skip it Daughter had never been in a Haunted House , but after surviving Splash Mountain And Thunder Mountain she was willing to give it a try.. Afterwords she said "Dad, that sucked it wasn't even scary" I asked "Well, was it more spooky than scary?" to which she replied "I've seen spookier Scooby cartoons" :lmao: :lmao: Unless you want "it's a small world" wandering in your head the rest of the day, bring some ear plugs.Narinia :yawn: again Disney, that's the best you could come up with?? :thumbdown: Skip itStiches Revenge.. Daughter loved this so much she talked my wife into going on it. One word of caution.. I hope you like Chilli dogs. :lmao: Again, will update as I remember more.
You can't diss Pirates. Pirates was my sons' favorite ride and is a Disney classic! It was cool going on it with them because I was right around their age when I first went on it. We were in the park late one night when they let the park guests stay late and rode it 2-3 times in a row with no one else around.Stitches Revenge was way cool. Same with A Bug's Life at Animal Kingdom and Soarin' at Epcot. Leave it to Diney to take the sensory experience to a new level.

Other "Things I wish I knew.."Pirates is :yawn: Come on disney, you can't do better than that :wall: Skip thisHaunted Mansion SUCKS..Skip it Daughter had never been in a Haunted House , but after surviving Splash Mountain And Thunder Mountain she was willing to give it a try.. Afterwords she said "Dad, that sucked it wasn't even scary" I asked "Well, was it more spooky than scary?" to which she replied "I've seen spookier Scooby cartoons" :lmao: :lmao: Unless you want "it's a small world" wandering in your head the rest of the day, bring some ear plugs.Narinia :yawn: again Disney, that's the best you could come up with?? :thumbdown: Skip itStiches Revenge.. Daughter loved this so much she talked my wife into going on it. One word of caution.. I hope you like Chilli dogs. :lmao: Again, will update as I remember more.
Wow, it just shows you how different people are. Pirates and the Haunted Mansion are two of my favorite attractions in Walt Disney World. Certainly in my top ten along with Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Tower of Terror, Rock n Rollercoaster, Everest, Test Track and Buzz Lightyear.

Yeah I agree on Pirates and Haunted Mansion... they are classics, I will not leave a trip to Disney World without riding those.

Yeah I agree on Pirates and Haunted Mansion... they are classics, I will not leave a trip to Disney World without riding those.
Maybe my expectations were to high but I just thought there could have been more. With what they did with Stich and Buzz where you were part of the "ride" I thought they could have more interaction with those two. In Haunted I kept waiting for the Big moment and the only thing that I found semi-cool was the ghost mirror where it looked like a ghost was in the ride with you. Same with Pirates.. I kept waiting for that one WOW moment and it just never hit us.. Like I said, expectations may have been to high for these two after Stich, Buzz and some other rides.

Maybe my expectations were to high but I just thought there could have been more. With what they did with Stich and Buzz where you were part of the "ride" I thought they could have more interaction with those two. In Haunted I kept waiting for the Big moment and the only thing that I found semi-cool was the ghost mirror where it looked like a ghost was in the ride with you. Same with Pirates.. I kept waiting for that one WOW moment and it just never hit us.. Like I said, expectations may have been to high for these two after Stich, Buzz and some other rides.
It is the attention to detail that makes Pirates and the Haunted Mansion so great. These attractions actually get better the more you experience them.

It is the attention to detail that makes Pirates and the Haunted Mansion so great. These attractions actually get better the more you experience them.
I can see that.. guess I was viewing them more through the eyes my daughter and she wasn't impressed at all. Kept looking at me asking "Is that it?" :mellow:

I can see that.. guess I was viewing them more through the eyes my daughter and she wasn't impressed at all. Kept looking at me asking "Is that it?" :mellow:
My favorite is the jungle cruise with the bad jokes.However, The attention to detail is what makes Pirates and the Mansion so great. Did you see the piano in the great hall playing by itself. Then on the floor you see a shadow of the skeleton playing. Does anyone actually know the words to the pirates ride? I think I would rather not know because we have fun trying to figure out what they are trying to say throughout the ride. I go so much that I enjoy the detail....Like trying to find all the hidden Mickeys in the parks.I could see that the first time goers, or less often goers would enjoy the newest attractions the most.

We're pretty interested in buying into this. How much are the maitenance fees?

For Christmas this year the wife and I decided to join the Disney Vacation club. Since we are young (I'm 24) we figured it would be best to join now and later we will have a great time for cheap when we have kids. The cool thing is that there are plenty of other options besides Disney if you get sick of going. That sold it for me.

The meal plan is a must I agree. You don't have to worry about what to order. You just go for the most expensive thing without guilt.
We're pretty interested in buying into this. How much are the maitenance fees?
Start here:wiki Info on Disney Club

edited to add another good Info site:

More Info

Users who are viewing this thread