What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE JEEP THREAD > All Things Jeep (1 Viewer)

Anyone know an estimated sticker price?  That thing looks badass with the doors and roof off.

Last edited:
I’m lazy. I’ll wait for the first Rocky Ridge Gladiators to show up at my local dealer. Then I’ll buy one as fast as humanly possible.  This is all but guaranteed. 

Only question is whether my wife will make me sell my Yukon or my Scout. 

I’m lazy. I’ll wait for the first Rocky Ridge Gladiators to show up at my local dealer. Then I’ll buy one as fast as humanly possible.  This is all but guaranteed. 

Only question is whether my wife will make me sell my Yukon or my Scout. 
Don't get rid of that scout

WhatDoIKnow said:
Anyone know an estimated sticker price?  That thing looks badass with the doors and roof off.
Well, the JLU Rubicon is 45-52k roughly. I'd guess they try to push this up from there a bit so I'd guess the sticker for a Rubicon version to be 48-55k.

Off the current topic, but for those of you that have purchased new over the past year or so, did you get the Jeep Wave card thingy?  I typically ignore most promotional stuff, but am glad I opened this one.  I got it with the purchase of our 2017 Sahara Unlimited and it comes with (5) Free Oil Changes at any Jeep Dealer.  I was able to add the VIN Numbers from the 2010 & '97 Jeeps too; so I have a dashboard that gives me access to manuals, up keep, etc.  It also links to products.  I picked up some swag for my son and brother-in-law.  

On current topic, I was not a big fan of the Gladiator when I saw some of the first photos, but the doors off videos have won me over.  

Daughter turning 17. Really has her heart set on buying a used (2007-2008) Jeep Compass as her first car. We’re finding many in that year, prices around $3-4K. Mileage around 120-200k. Most people seem to be in good shape. I’ve tried to find negative reviews on them and can’t really find any. 

Anyone here currently or ever own one? Wondering if this would be a good buy for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the best place for aftermarket Jeep parts?  Specifically looking for grill inserts and taillight cages.

I went "economical" on Amazon last time and the inserts didn't fit right and the cages rusted within a few months.  

Wife would like to trade in her Jeep in the next year.  We have a hard top now.

Anyone have any experience with a hard top vs. a soft top?  We live in Pennsylvania and my wife drives the highway everyday, so we're curious about how it effects the climate in the Jeep and the noise.  And anything else you guys would think worth noting, of course.  Thanks everyone!

what i really look for in a jeep is how high off the ground it is if you can get that puppy 4 posibley 5 feet off the ground and keep the regular size tires on it wooooweeeee brohans that is living the jeep dream right there hell yeah it is if found flip over for sure take that to the bank brohans

Anyone have any experience with a hard top vs. a soft top?  We live in Pennsylvania and my wife drives the highway everyday, so we're curious about how it effects the climate in the Jeep and the noise.  And anything else you guys would think worth noting, of course.  Thanks everyone!
Hard top is still quieter than the soft top even though the soft top has come a long way on the JL. Go test drive one to determine your tolerance.

Sat in a Gladiator the other weekend in San Jose. 

Thing was all and more then what I expected. Can’t wait to get one in a few months. 

I drove my 95 Wrangler for 18 years with exclusively soft tops. I'd imagine the newer models are better, but that SOB was LOUD at highway speeds. Pretty sure a good bit of my hearing loss is from cranking up the tunes to be heard over the roar of the wind and road. I loved every minute of it. 

Staying warm was never an issue though, even on the coldest subzero MN nights. The heater cranked.

Hard top is still quieter than the soft top even though the soft top has come a long way on the JL. Go test drive one to determine your tolerance.
Thanks Ron (big fan, by the way).  I've always heard that the biggest drawbacks were noise and harder to heat/cool.  Definitely will test drive one.  Sounds like they're worth checking out.

Thanks Ron (big fan, by the way).  I've always heard that the biggest drawbacks were noise and harder to heat/cool.  Definitely will test drive one.  Sounds like they're worth checking out.
They do offer a headliner option on the hard top now as well which may help even further. We don't have it on our hardtop and it is still quieter than the JK hardtop by a noticeable measure.  Overall, it is louder than my RAM 1500 but we'll still take it on road trips where as we hesitated with the JK.  Our old YJ with the soft top was a complete non-starter for any distance driving.

But I am also philosophically opposed to a headliner (or leather freaking seats for that matter) on a Wrangler.  Save those frilly things for the Grand Cherokee IMO.

Have had both (Soft top - 4 door) (hard top - 2 door).  Love the hard top for everyday driving.  Have had this https://www.amazon.com/Harken-Hoister-7803B-Jeep-Point-System/dp/B01KH4CTRK for a while and it worked very well with our old garage (very high ceilings) Not so well with new garage, cords get twisted a bit.

jeeps are so tough that if you are cold in the winter you can just have a campfire in the passenger seat and when you get cold just add another log on the old barby it will keep you warm and hey marshmellows are not going to roast themselves take that to the bank bromigos 

How did you not pick up a Gladiator???  I'm so tempted to trade in my 1979 Scout for one.  I likely won't because my Scout is a billion times cooler, but the Gladiator is pretty sweet.

I already have two pickup trucks. One diesel and one half ton. The gladiator is cool but don’t need it. I’m more wondering if next year I’m going to be wishing I would have waited for the new Bronco

I already have two pickup trucks. One diesel and one half ton. The gladiator is cool but don’t need it. I’m more wondering if next year I’m going to be wishing I would have waited for the new Bronco
I'm super curious about it.  Waiting with bated breath. 

I'm super curious about it.  Waiting with bated breath. 
Me too. Everything I’ve read says Ford is seriious about taking on jeep.  Solid axles, removable top and doors.  Whatever happens it’s the consumer who will benefit as completion always benefits the consumer.  The TACOMA is getting a refresh next year adding power drivers seat. Owners have been  complaining about this for sometime however Toyota only listened when Ford announced the launch of the new Ranger. 

Don't know if this fits here but my wife was interested in a Jeep Grand Cherokee.  We've had a couple in the past and now with a child going to college, we can use something smaller.  Their website is absolutely horrendous. Really hard to configure a vehicle or learn about the different models.  

Me too. Everything I’ve read says Ford is seriious about taking on jeep.  Solid axles, removable top and doors.  Whatever happens it’s the consumer who will benefit as completion always benefits the consumer.  
I would love to see this but I’ll beleive it when I see it :rolleyes:   Hopefully the runaway success of the Wrangler line over the last decade is enough to draw others to the “niche” market 

Don't know if this fits here but my wife was interested in a Jeep Grand Cherokee.  We've had a couple in the past and now with a child going to college, we can use something smaller.  Their website is absolutely horrendous. Really hard to configure a vehicle or learn about the different models.  
The Trackhawk is my favorite vehicle ever.  Has everything someone needs in an SUV and when you aren't towing your yacht, you have the fastest internal combustion engine SUV in the world (only top Tesla Model X is faster).

Was very close to getting the launch edition Gladiator today.  But really want the gator color.  Know the exact spec I want. Gator green saddle brown seats loaded Rubicon. 

The Trackhawk is my favorite vehicle ever.  Has everything someone needs in an SUV and when you aren't towing your yacht, you have the fastest internal combustion engine SUV in the world (only top Tesla Model X is faster).
I sat in some Trackhawks and seriously was considering them. Need a three row SUV to tow the family. Ended up falling in love with the BMW X7 and picked one up fully loaded a couple weeks ago. Just an awesome vehicle. And the 460hp is plenty fast... for now....

My Jeep is in the local rail yard waiting for dealer delivery. Got both the soft and hardtop.  Just ordered tub doors today. Can’t wait. 

We are now Jeep owners. 

I've been looking for a vehicle to replace our Forester when it comes off lease. I'm a pretty patient person when it comes to finding good deals on used cars. We will also use it as the vehicle we tow behind our motorhome in the near future. I had been looking at a couple different options from Fords to Volkswagens. I decided that a 10-12 year old CRV would be the best option. I briefly looked at some jeeps (Wranglers, Liberty, and GC). But they all had too many miles for the money I was looking to spend. Jeeps are great for towing with 4 wheels on the ground. Shift the transfer case into neutral and your ready to roll. 

After searching and looking at vehicles for about 6 months, I found a 2007 Jeep Liberty cream puff listed on Facebook Market a couple of days ago. It belonged to an 87 year old woman that had passed away. She was the original owner and rarely drove it in the rain, much less in the snow. It has just over 26k miles. Negotiated a price of $5800 and it's now sitting in our driveway. Don't think I'll do much other than new tires before winter, maybe a remote starter, and some seat covers. I can't believe how clean this thing is for being 12 years old. 

I know the Liberty isn't much of a rugged Jeep, but it's still a Jeep. 

Between the BMW X7 I just bought recently (god I love this car so effing much) and the 1979 Scout I have in the garage, I don't have a need for a Jeep at this point.  Would love a totally tricked out and lifted Gladiator at some point, and may consider trading the Scout to do that, but the Scout is just so unique and fun, it's hard to get rid of.  That said, a Jeep would be a lot more practical, could take it on long drives, etc. etc.

Between the BMW X7 I just bought recently (god I love this car so effing much) and the 1979 Scout I have in the garage, I don't have a need for a Jeep at this point.  Would love a totally tricked out and lifted Gladiator at some point, and may consider trading the Scout to do that, but the Scout is just so unique and fun, it's hard to get rid of.  That said, a Jeep would be a lot more practical, could take it on long drives, etc. etc.
Do not get rid of that scout

Still holding on to my 2000 Jeep Cherokee. First new car I ever owned. We have 3-cars in a two-driver family and no real place to store but damnit, it's mine and I love it!

Still the lowest maintenance car I ever owned. Only major work was replacing the radiator 4-5 years ago. The head gasket leaks a little oil, the AC has a small leak somewhere but overall, she's a beaut. Only about 140k miles on it. Not too bad for a 20-year old vehicle. I get an offer to buy it every couple of months as there aren't a whole lot of them still around in South Florida. If anything, I'll retire it up to my MIL garage in Illinois until I decide what to do with it. Maybe I'll give it to my son. He turns 16 next year.....hmmm.....

My dad bought a '71 Jeep Wagoneer brand new. We took that on multiple family vacations throughout my childhood. My oldest brother was kind of a juvenile delinquent. There was a weekend where my dad and other brother went on a weekend hunting trip. We left the Jeep behind and took one of my dad's buddy's Suburban. As we pulled up to the house on Sunday evening, there sat the jeep with all the glass broke out? Turns out my older brother snuck out of the house on Saturday night and took the Jeep for a joyride with his friends. He was doing donuts on the infield at the baseball diamond a few blocks away and rolled it. Needless to say, my dad was beyond upset. But, he fixed the bodywork and had all the glass replaced. All of us used it as our first vehicle (well, except my oldest brother) when we got our licenses in the mid to late 80's. That thing was a tank. 

TL:DR, kids ruin all your nice vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread