What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Laveranues Coles, NYJ (1 Viewer)

cracKer

Shawn Culcasi
Please post the latest news here. Please use this as an injury update thread, not a who do I start, or who I am starting thread. Thanks.

FBG Blogger

WR Coles Planning On Playing Sunday

Brian Lewis, NY Post - [Full Article]

Jets WR Laveranues Coles is listed as questionable with a calf injury and didn't practice fully yesterday. But the wideout seems all but certain he'll play this Sunday against the Bills. "I'm OK. I hope I'll be able to [play]. The only thing that'll change that is if coach says something. Other than that, I'll be there. I'm traveling. I got my bags packed. It looks pretty good from me."

TEXT:

Laveranues Coles (calf) is listed as questionable, and didn't practice fully yesterday. But the wideout - who leads the NFL with 253 receiving yards - seems all but certain he'll play, praised by Mangini as a model of toughness.

"I'm OK. I hope I'll be able to [play]. The only thing that'll change that is if coach says something. Other than that, I'll be there. I'm traveling. I got my bags packed. It looks pretty good from me.

Coles, who played through a hurt toe the last two years. "Y'all draw your own conclusions. What do y'all think?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Footballguys News Blogger - LINK

September 24, 2006, 06:52

Jets :: WR

WR Coles Expected To Play

Rich Cimini, New York Daily News - [Full Article]

"I think WR Laveranues Coles is a role model of toughness," said HC Eric Mangini, who will be relying on that toughness as the Jets try to record their first division road win since Oct. 3, 2004. Coles is banged up and he could be limited, but he's expected to play. The Jets need him. He brings a street fighter's mentality to the offense.

Also Footballguys Sunday Morning Updates-Updates start around 11:30 am.

RW

Last edited by a moderator:
FoxSports.com reports WR Laveranues Coles (questionable, calf) is likely to miss "most of the game" Sunday.

Coles will try to start, but John Czarnecki apparently doesn't think he'll finish. Even if he's active, Coles isn't an automatic start in fantasy leagues now if you have other good options.

Source: FoxSports.com

FoxSports.com reports WR Laveranues Coles (questionable, calf) is likely to miss "most of the game" Sunday.Coles will try to start, but John Czarnecki apparently doesn't think he'll finish. Even if he's active, Coles isn't an automatic start in fantasy leagues now if you have other good options.Source: FoxSports.com
:goodposting: Thank you!

Jets | Coles to start Week 3

Sun, 24 Sep 2006 06:29:35 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports New York Jets WR Laveranues Coles (calf) will start Week 3.

FoxSports.com reports WR Laveranues Coles (questionable, calf) is likely to miss "most of the game" Sunday.Coles will try to start, but John Czarnecki apparently doesn't think he'll finish. Even if he's active, Coles isn't an automatic start in fantasy leagues now if you have other good options.Source: FoxSports.com
How could they possibly know this? ThT he will miss "most of the game" ?

The only thing factual seems to be that he "will start" (which means virtually nothing if it's the only play he's on the field for.

I don't think anyone (even the coaches) could possibly know that "he will miss most of the game" at this point unless the Jets' plan is to give him the start and then sit him out the rest of the game.

:confused: Leads the league in Yardage, A TD and a bunch of catches...Whats does a player have to do to warrant "Must Start" every week????Unless I am misinterpreting this as... hes injured and it might be better to start someone else....

:confused: Leads the league in Yardage, A TD and a bunch of catches...Whats does a player have to do to warrant "Must Start" every week????Unless I am misinterpreting this as... hes injured and it might be better to start someone else....
yes you misinterpreted it. of course he's a must start if healthy.

Mort just said on Countdown the NYJ coaches don't expect much out of Coles today but he will start. Also factor in the windy conditions and Pennington's lack of arm strength.

Mort just said on Countdown the NYJ coaches don't expect much out of Coles today but he will start. Also factor in the windy conditions and Pennington's lack of arm strength.

Users who are viewing this thread