What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Rankings (11 Viewers)

I am a dynasty owner so I was happy to see some production. However he does not seem to have a good burst and will not rip too many long runs.
I take it this is about Moreno.I've covered at least 2/3 of the Broncos games this season, and I've noticed a great short-area burst by Moreno. He gets through line of scrimmage with power and explosion, but I think we all agree that he doesn't have great long speed. He's running with much more confidence now, and he's averaging 5.6 yards per carry on 47 attempts over the past three games while Correll Buckhalter has been held to 3.3 yards per carry on 29 attempts over the same three games. Moreno's ability to spin forward for nice gains after getting in the backfield last night was very impressive. He's been getting more yardage than what's blocked for most of the season, and he rarely gets stopped for negative yardage.

I mentioned this a page back and had no responses - but any thoughts on Brohm as a possible future startign QB?
We talked about it a few pages back, and there's a also a more in-depth Brohm thread on the front page right now.
Yeah, I'm in that other thread but wanted to get a sense from you guys :lmao:And sorry about that - I guess this thread moves too fast and I just missed those posts. Search is my friend, sorry :)

What kind of long term expectations do the experts in here have of LeSean McCoy? And how does he stack up compared to fellow rookie Donald Brown, fantasy-wise? Thanks a lot.
I see a long term borderline top ten type guy, but not one who will serious threaten the top five. He has good hands and good instincts, above average burst and good blocking (for a rookie), but none of his talents really stand out, and his long speed is lacking.At this point, he's a safe investment...but not a player I would expect to carry a fantasy team at any point in the future. Of all the rookie RB's, Moreno is the only one I like better, and that's by only a hair. (Moreno seems similar in overall skills, but a little bit more slippery in tight quarters.)

What kind of long term expectations do the experts in here have of LeSean McCoy? And how does he stack up compared to fellow rookie Donald Brown, fantasy-wise? Thanks a lot.
I see a long term borderline top ten type guy, but not one who will serious threaten the top five. He has good hands and good instincts, above average burst and good blocking (for a rookie), but none of his talents really stand out, and his long speed is lacking.At this point, he's a safe investment...but not a player I would expect to carry a fantasy team at any point in the future. Of all the rookie RB's, Moreno is the only one I like better, and that's by only a hair. (Moreno seems similar in overall skills, but a little bit more slippery in tight quarters.)
He may have a lower floor, but I think Beanie has the highest upside of any one of these rookies. As an owner of each of these guys in various leagues, I would probably have Beanie close to Moreno at RB1/2, with McCoy getting the slight edge over Brown at this point. I think Brown could be a huge commodity going forward, but Addai has been resurgent and he's had some trouble staying on the field. But, he's looked like a very complete back when he's been in there.

And sorry about that - I guess this thread moves too fast and I just missed those posts. Search is my friend, sorry :goodposting:
No worries at all. I know it can take forever to search this thread using the Ctrl + F-Key method.
You search using the CTRL+F method? You know there's an in-thread search feature, right? At the very very bottom-left corner of every page, just above the page numbers, there's a field where you can enter in a keyword and then hit the button right next to it, and it'll search for that keyword just within the thread you're currently in. I'm using it non-stop to find old opinions on players. Here's what you get if you search "Brohm".

I mentioned this a page back and had no responses - but any thoughts on Brohm as a possible future startign QB?
He couldn't beat out Matt Flynn for 2nd fiddle even in one of the absolute QB-friendly offenses in the entire league....Green Bay. I don't see how this guy has much of a future except as a career backup.

And sorry about that - I guess this thread moves too fast and I just missed those posts. Search is my friend, sorry ;)
No worries at all. I know it can take forever to search this thread using the Ctrl + F-Key method.
You search using the CTRL+F method? You know there's an in-thread search feature, right? At the very very bottom-left corner of every page, just above the page numbers, there's a field where you can enter in a keyword and then hit the button right next to it, and it'll search for that keyword just within the thread you're currently in. I'm using it non-stop to find old opinions on players. Here's what you get if you search "Brohm".
Yeah, I know, though it's not the best search feature... but honestly I didn't think I missed anything. I am set up for immediate notifications, and I always click through... I literally missed a full page though because this thread just moves too fast :) :thumbup:

Yeah, I know, though it's not the best search feature... but honestly I didn't think I missed anything. I am set up for immediate notifications, and I always click through... I literally missed a full page though because this thread just moves too fast :) :bag:
No worries- this is a big thread, and I hardly expect anyone to keep up with everything that goes on, let alone remember it days, weeks, months, or even years later. I'm always fine with pointing someone to the relevant conversation when necessary. I only mentioned the search feature because F&L said he was still using the CTRL+F method.

Yeah, I know, though it's not the best search feature... but honestly I didn't think I missed anything. I am set up for immediate notifications, and I always click through... I literally missed a full page though because this thread just moves too fast :thumbup: :goodposting:
No worries- this is a big thread, and I hardly expect anyone to keep up with everything that goes on, let alone remember it days, weeks, months, or even years later. I'm always fine with pointing someone to the relevant conversation when necessary. I only mentioned the search feature because F&L said he was still using the CTRL+F method.
Gotcha. I also think it would be a much more useful feature if it actually showed you (or at least gave you the option of showing you) the full post there, instead of having to click through each one and then figuring out where and when that comment was made.In my case though, I literally had asked the question, waited for the answer, and STILL managed to miss it :)

And sorry about that - I guess this thread moves too fast and I just missed those posts. Search is my friend, sorry :loco:
:wolf: Good info here. I never noticed the in-thread search function.

corpcow said:
Gotcha. I also think it would be a much more useful feature if it actually showed you (or at least gave you the option of showing you) the full post there, instead of having to click through each one and then figuring out where and when that comment was made.In my case though, I literally had asked the question, waited for the answer, and STILL managed to miss it :)
I'm a tabbed browser junkie. I just start at the beginning (i.e. the oldest opinions, meaning the LAST results that the search spits out) and open every single post in its own tab, then read/close them one by one.
Fear & Loathing said:
:crazy: Good info here. I never noticed the in-thread search function.
I'm terrified to think of what you must have gone through to find old opinions on players. The thread is 120 pages long, here. :lmao:

is it too early to start talking 2010 and talking about colt mccoy, sam bradford and brady quinn jr., i mean jimmy claussen?

corpcow said:
I'm a tabbed browser junkie. I just start at the beginning (i.e. the oldest opinions, meaning the LAST results that the search spits out) and open every single post in its own tab, then read/close them one by one.
Fear & Loathing said:
:own3d: Good info here. I never noticed the in-thread search function.
I'm terrified to think of what you must have gone through to find old opinions on players. The thread is 120 pages long, here. :confused:
I do it the same way as you.Btw, this thread is only 60 pages long for me. Much more helpful if you change the max posts/page to 100 instead of the 50 which is the default. Cuts down on the # of pages and stuff to wade thru :)

is it too early to start talking 2010 and talking about colt mccoy, sam bradford and brady quinn jr., i mean jimmy claussen?
Never too early. I'd prefer Locker to any of those guys.
Btw, this thread is only 60 pages long for me. Much more helpful if you change the max posts/page to 100 instead of the 50 which is the default. Cuts down on the # of pages and stuff to wade thru :mellow:
Too much scrolling for my tastes. It'd be one thing if I was browsing with a wheelie mouse, but I'm doing all my scrolling manually on a track pad, instead.

Dynasty League trade, which side wins? Non-PPR.

LeSean McCoy + 2010 Pick 2.03 (10 team league)

or

Sidney Rice + Darren McFadden

Much of this comes down to McFadden's future prospects. He's done nothing, but is still just 22 years old...

Dynasty League trade, which side wins? Non-PPR. LeSean McCoy + 2010 Pick 2.03 (10 team league) orSidney Rice + Darren McFadden Much of this comes down to McFadden's future prospects. He's done nothing, but is still just 22 years old...
Rice + McFadden in a landslide.
That's what I thought, just looking for some confirmation. I can't seem to pull the trigger on giving up McCoy straight up for Rice, and am trying to gain a bit of value elsewhere. The McFadden owner is very down on Darren, I just don't want to buy a lemon.

McFadden is craptastic. It still might be a good deal for you depending on what you think of McCoy/Rice, but don't expect DMC to make a difference for you.

If this is so then why do you rank Britt over Hicks?

Collins is a bad QB impersonator and I doubt Young will ever mature into a NFL caliber QB/Leader.

Does Britt's skill set exceed Nick's that much?

Nicks has a Manning throwing him the ball but does have more competition.

I have Britt and am wondering whether or not to hold him or trade him in a deal to land Nicks.

I like what I see with Britt but his situation is nutz.

Help me get my head around this and thanks for all your help.

Currently in 3rd place in a 12-team dynasty league and looking better every day.
This is dynasty. Who cares if Vince Young is a worse passer than Kerry Collins *THIS YEAR*. If Vince Young sucks, he'll be gone, and Kenny Britt will get a real NFL QB under center. If Vince Young surprises and doesn't suck, then Britt will already have a real NFL QB under center. Don't alter dynasty rankings based solely on the immediate future, especially for a rookie WR like Britt. Rank them based on talent, and if they're as talented as you think, the situation will fall into place eventually.
This may have been the best lesson I learned from SSOG + F&L this year!Thanks Guys!

I'm liking my WR corp for the next few years!

If this is so then why do you rank Britt over Hicks?

Collins is a bad QB impersonator and I doubt Young will ever mature into a NFL caliber QB/Leader.

Does Britt's skill set exceed Nick's that much?

Nicks has a Manning throwing him the ball but does have more competition.

I have Britt and am wondering whether or not to hold him or trade him in a deal to land Nicks.

I like what I see with Britt but his situation is nutz.

Help me get my head around this and thanks for all your help.

Currently in 3rd place in a 12-team dynasty league and looking better every day.
This is dynasty. Who cares if Vince Young is a worse passer than Kerry Collins *THIS YEAR*. If Vince Young sucks, he'll be gone, and Kenny Britt will get a real NFL QB under center. If Vince Young surprises and doesn't suck, then Britt will already have a real NFL QB under center. Don't alter dynasty rankings based solely on the immediate future, especially for a rookie WR like Britt. Rank them based on talent, and if they're as talented as you think, the situation will fall into place eventually.
This may have been the best lesson I learned from SSOG + F&L this year!Thanks Guys!

I'm liking my WR corp for the next few years!
I've been waiting for Meachem based on his talent and I think he will eventually return dividends next season. The guy is really starting to deliver. If a guy has talent he is worth waiting for.

This may have been the best lesson I learned from SSOG + F&L this year!Thanks Guys!I'm liking my WR corp for the next few years!
Kenny Britt went into beast mode today. I was beginning to doubt my high ranking of him a few weeks ago, but he's "Wally Pipped" Justin Gage and is undeniably the Titans' best receiver.

This may have been the best lesson I learned from SSOG + F&L this year!Thanks Guys!I'm liking my WR corp for the next few years!
Kenny Britt went into beast mode today. I was beginning to doubt my high ranking of him a few weeks ago, but he's "Wally Pipped" Justin Gage and is undeniably the Titans' best receiver.
Easily the highest yards per reception and reception percentage among Titans receivers:
Code:
Rec	Yds	Tds	Y/R	Targ	Rec%Washington  29	317	  5   10.9	  62   46.8%Gage		22	302	  1   13.7	  52   42.3%Britt	   33	521	  2   15.8	  55   60.0%
I've been really high on Britt even prior to the NFL draft. It's easy to pat myself on the back now after such a nice game, but he's consistently been productive with his targets. Aside from the New England game, his production has roughly correlated to his number of targets:
Code:
Wk   Opp		  Rec  Yards  TDs	FPs  Targ1	at Steelers	4	 85		12.5	 62	vs Texans	  2	 22		 4.2	 23	at Jets		4	 59		 9.9	 64	at Jaguars	 7	105		17.5	115	vs Colts	   2	 18		 3.8	 56	at Patriots					   0	 47	Bye					8	vs Jaguars	 1	  7		 1.7	 19	at 49ers						  0	 010   vs Bills	   2	 55		 7.5	 411   at Texans	  4	 42	1   14.2	 512   vs Cardinals   7	128	1   25.8	11
Two games with 11 targets, two games with 7 for 100+. You gotta love that from a rookie, particularly when each game came with a different quarterback.

Jamal Charles -- a hold or sell at this point? [ppr league]I don't think he's a feature back, but he's got an opportunity here. If you're dealing at this moment, what type rookie pick would you accept for him? His value seems like it could change at an instant [either way].
In Dynasty leagues, I think he's a sell. IMO, he's on the Jerious Norwood/Leon Washington career path. Rookie picks are over-rated. If I wanted to move him, I'd package him with someone else for an upgrade.
Wondered if everyone still felt this way?Looking back a couple weeks ago the majority said sell.I bought. Mainly because I'm in a win now mode.However after watching Charles the last two weeks he looks like cheap CJ3I think the Chiefs will have much more important needs come draft time. Also seems coach Haley likes what Charles has to offer. Good hands, Great speed. In the last game Coach kept Charles in the game inside the 5yrd line. Can he be a top 15 dynasty RB or is he still a mere J. Norwood?

Jamal Charles -- a hold or sell at this point? [ppr league]I don't think he's a feature back, but he's got an opportunity here. If you're dealing at this moment, what type rookie pick would you accept for him? His value seems like it could change at an instant [either way].
In Dynasty leagues, I think he's a sell. IMO, he's on the Jerious Norwood/Leon Washington career path. Rookie picks are over-rated. If I wanted to move him, I'd package him with someone else for an upgrade.
Wondered if everyone still felt this way?Looking back a couple weeks ago the majority said sell.I bought. Mainly because I'm in a win now mode.However after watching Charles the last two weeks he looks like cheap CJ3I think the Chiefs will have much more important needs come draft time. Also seems coach Haley likes what Charles has to offer. Good hands, Great speed. In the last game Coach kept Charles in the game inside the 5yrd line. Can he be a top 15 dynasty RB or is he still a mere J. Norwood?
I think he's proving to be able to handle a bigger workload than Norwood so far, but there's still a good chance the Chiefs will pair him with a bigger runner in 2010. There's no question, though, that his last two performances have been impressive. He just has to prove he can handle the workload and sustain a rushing attack.

What's the ranking of Justin Forsett doing? It seems from word of mouth like Seattle does not see him as a feature back, but 2 out of 3 weeks now he's performed like one. Physically he's not much different from Ahmad Bradshaw. Impressive TD totals so far for someone who might be type cast as a 3rd down back.

Also is there any reason to add Dixon now? I know F&L was high on him. That was hardly a Matt Schaub vs. the Patriots moment but he played a good game and only made the one big mistake. Obviously showed great speed and good game management, but a little green as a QB. Is he trade bait for the Steelers or is he the new Charlie Batch?

I have a hard time seeing Dixon as anything more then a quality NFL backup. He's small for an NFL QB and has a terribly low release point. He has some accuracy and his running is impressive, but his limitations will almost certainly relegate him to a career backup role.

Even if you believed he could be more....he isn't going to displace Ben, so what's his upside in the next 3 years? Not worth a roster spot, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
F&L - thoughts on Lendale White going forward? :D
Probably the same thoughts he has on LW going backwards; London Bridges falling down, falling down......Despite the warnings of many, including this site, I held on to LW because he had actually been a pretty good hand-cuff to CJ over the previous two years and I hoped he would have some value after this year with his impending Free Agency (if we see an new CBA), weight loss and attitude readjustment. Instead he has looked very pedestrian with his (few) chances and hasn't shown much more agility or vision than with last year's battering ram weight. I don't even want to get into who I dropped while keeping him on my 19 man roster at the beginning of the season before dropping him after about 5 games.But hey, if you have a 53 man Zealots roster he's probably worth a flier.

There was a small discussion regarding Alex Smith here about a month ago. Since then we've been able to see him play quite a bit more. F&L had him 30th among dynasty QBs on Nov. 19th.

I have watched him play vs the Bears and Packers in the last few weeks. The Bears game was wretched. So was the first half vs the Packers.

But he put together a very solid 2nd half comeback vs the Packers, and had another good week this week vs JAX.

He's played in 5.5 games so far, and we've seen both good and bad out of him.

Anybody have some thoughts on Alex going forward?

There was a small discussion regarding Alex Smith here about a month ago. Since then we've been able to see him play quite a bit more. F&L had him 30th among dynasty QBs on Nov. 19th.

I have watched him play vs the Bears and Packers in the last few weeks. The Bears game was wretched. So was the first half vs the Packers.

But he put together a very solid 2nd half comeback vs the Packers, and had another good week this week vs JAX.

Personally, I'm holding onto Nate Davis. The Niners going to the spread and passing 40+ times has both good and bad connotations. Good: They are doing everything they can to help Smith succeed. The coaching staff's support is probably the best thing he has going for his long term value. A lot of passing should mean a lot of fantasy points.

Bad: How likely is it they will run the spread long-term? What happens when they stop? I don't think running the spread long-term is in Singletary's mindset for the team (defense first, ball control) and at this point the FO is more committed to Singletary than Smith.

Certainly if the Niners run the spread long term, Smith has low #1 upside. He would be a better version of Tyler Thigpen last year with the Chefs. But it's going to take a lot of success this year and next in order to change the team long term to accommodate Smith. Not just (modestly) beating up on a bad JAX pass defense.

Personally, I'm holding onto Nate Davis. The Niners going to the spread and passing 40+ times has both good and bad connotations. Good: They are doing everything they can to help Smith succeed. The coaching staff's support is probably the best thing he has going for his long term value. A lot of passing should mean a lot of fantasy points.

Bad: How likely is it they will run the spread long-term? What happens when they stop? I don't think running the spread long-term is in Singletary's mindset for the team (defense first, ball control) and at this point the FO is more committed to Singletary than Smith.

Certainly if the Niners run the spread long term, Smith has low #1 upside. He would be a better version of Tyler Thigpen last year with the Chefs. But it's going to take a lot of success this year and next in order to change the team long term to accommodate Smith. Not just (modestly) beating up on a bad JAX pass defense.
:thumbup: Almost exactly what I was going to say about Smith and his situation. Very well put.

I'd add only that Smith has proven to be a brutal QB when not operating out of the shotgun, which is obviously a black mark on his long-term value.

Re: the Jared Cook discussion a couple of pages ago. I covered the Titans game yesterday. Cook was just as invisible as he's been all season until the game-winning 99-yard drive where he caught two key passes for 29 yards. There's really not anything new to add other than he certainly looks a heck of a lot faster and more athletic than Bo Scaife.

I love what the Titans have done with their last two drafts. Chris Johnson was obviously a grand slam, and Kenny Britt certainly looks like a home run as well. Lavelle Hawkins is developing slowly but surely as the No. 4 receiver and future No. 3. He had a nice game yesterday as well. Though raw, Jared Cook could take over as the starting TE as soon as next season. Javon Ringer is the long-term backup to Johnson. And that's just on offense. GM Mike Reinfeldt deserves a raise and an extension for transitioning a plodding, slow, conservative offense into a potential dynamic unit with playmakers at every skill position.

What's the ranking of Justin Forsett doing? It seems from word of mouth like Seattle does not see him as a feature back, but 2 out of 3 weeks now he's performed like one. Physically he's not much different from Ahmad Bradshaw. Impressive TD totals so far for someone who might be type cast as a 3rd down back.
Since last season, I've had Forsett pegged as an interesting stash who should be traded as soon as he puts up nice stats in a couple of spot starts. So I'd advise unloading him this week.I like him as an NFL role player, but he's not a special talent by any means. The Seahawks have been hesitant to use him despite having nothing but dregs in front of him, and his big game just came against an awful defense. I think he's a patch as opposed to a solution.

I apologize in advance for putting a "should I do this trade" question in this thread, but since there was a pretty spirited debate about all 4 players involved I'm gonna.

I'm currently winning my league, but I always look for ways to improve. Standard 1-2-2-1 league. My main guys are:

QB: Schaub, Warner

RB:CJ3, MJD, Thomas

WR: Wayne, DeSean, Harvin

TE: Davis, Winslow

I was offered Knowshon Moreno and Vincent Jackson in exchange for Pierre Thomas and Reggie Wayne. Should I accept it?

I'm under the impression that long term Moreno>Thomas and short term Moreno=Thomas.

Is Jackson's recent slump a sign or is it just a temporary blip?

I apologize in advance for putting a "should I do this trade" question in this thread, but since there was a pretty spirited debate about all 4 players involved I'm gonna.I'm currently winning my league, but I always look for ways to improve. Standard 1-2-2-1 league. My main guys are:QB: Schaub, WarnerRB:CJ3, MJD, ThomasWR: Wayne, DeSean, HarvinTE: Davis, WinslowI was offered Knowshon Moreno and Vincent Jackson in exchange for Pierre Thomas and Reggie Wayne. Should I accept it?I'm under the impression that long term Moreno>Thomas and short term Moreno=Thomas. Is Jackson's recent slump a sign or is it just a temporary blip?
That's an interesting offer for you. I think Wayne is quite a bit better than Jackson. He's as reliable as any WR in the NFL and he strikes me as the type who could remain productive into his mid 30s ala Isaac Bruce. He helps you more than Jackson in the short term, which is important in this case because your team is good enough to contend immediately. The downside is that Jackson is younger with the potential to play longer. You have to factor that into the equation, but in this case I prefer the Wayne side of the deal for the reasons mentioned previously (more reliable, better short term production, similar 3-4 year outlook). Moreno/Thomas is another interesting decision. Moreno isn't a phenomenal physical specimen. He doesn't have great power or speed, but he does have that Walter Payton/Curtis Martin thing where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. It's hard to say how his career will play out. He could be a reliable fringe RB1 for several years like Martin or he could be the latest in a long line of rookie RBs overrated on the basis of limited work (K. Jones, J. Jones, Addai, W. Green, Bennett, Lynch, Forte, etc). Pierre Thomas has played well throughout his career, but how much of that is the result of his own talent and how much of it is the result of his favorable situation? Is he good enough to eventually emerge as a starter somewhere? I think it's possible, but maybe not probable. Overall I favor Moreno. My gut says he's somewhat overrated at the moment, but he's the workhorse in Denver and if nothing else his trade value should remain high for another year. Cliffs:Wayne > JacksonMoreno > ThomasSince your team is built to win now and since you already have two RBs better than Knowshon, I think you should stay put. You might regret passing on this offer 2-3 years from now, but Wayne is the best player in the deal and there's too much uncertainty with Moreno/Jackson to justify dumping one of the top 3-4 WRs in FF. You might want to see if you can swing Thomas for Moreno as a side deal.

I apologize in advance for putting a "should I do this trade" question in this thread, but since there was a pretty spirited debate about all 4 players involved I'm gonna.I'm currently winning my league, but I always look for ways to improve. Standard 1-2-2-1 league. My main guys are:QB: Schaub, WarnerRB:CJ3, MJD, ThomasWR: Wayne, DeSean, HarvinTE: Davis, WinslowI was offered Knowshon Moreno and Vincent Jackson in exchange for Pierre Thomas and Reggie Wayne. Should I accept it?I'm under the impression that long term Moreno>Thomas and short term Moreno=Thomas. Is Jackson's recent slump a sign or is it just a temporary blip?
That's an interesting offer for you. I think Wayne is quite a bit better than Jackson. He's as reliable as any WR in the NFL and he strikes me as the type who could remain productive into his mid 30s ala Isaac Bruce. He helps you more than Jackson in the short term, which is important in this case because your team is good enough to contend immediately. The downside is that Jackson is younger with the potential to play longer. You have to factor that into the equation, but in this case I prefer the Wayne side of the deal for the reasons mentioned previously (more reliable, better short term production, similar 3-4 year outlook). Moreno/Thomas is another interesting decision. Moreno isn't a phenomenal physical specimen. He doesn't have great power or speed, but he does have that Walter Payton/Curtis Martin thing where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. It's hard to say how his career will play out. He could be a reliable fringe RB1 for several years like Martin or he could be the latest in a long line of rookie RBs overrated on the basis of limited work (K. Jones, J. Jones, Addai, W. Green, Bennett, Lynch, Forte, etc). Pierre Thomas has played well throughout his career, but how much of that is the result of his own talent and how much of it is the result of his favorable situation? Is he good enough to eventually emerge as a starter somewhere? I think it's possible, but maybe not probable. Overall I favor Moreno. My gut says he's somewhat overrated at the moment, but he's the workhorse in Denver and if nothing else his trade value should remain high for another year. Cliffs:Wayne > JacksonMoreno > ThomasSince your team is built to win now and since you already have two RBs better than Knowshon, I think you should stay put. You might regret passing on this offer 2-3 years from now, but Wayne is the best player in the deal and there's too much uncertainty with Moreno/Jackson to justify dumping one of the top 3-4 WRs in FF. You might want to see if you can swing Thomas for Moreno as a side deal.
Reggie Wayne is already 31. As good as he's been, I would take VJax over him straight up. And as much as I love P. Thomas, you have to take Moreno simply from a value standpoint. This is a no-brainer deal, IMO.

Reggie Wayne is already 31. As good as he's been, I would take VJax over him straight up. And as much as I love P. Thomas, you have to take Moreno simply from a value standpoint. This is a no-brainer deal, IMO.
is this a deal that is going to be pulled off the table if it isn't agreed to right away? perhaps you can make this deal in january, after you win the championship.

With the fantasy playoffs starting in the next couple of weeks, many of us are looking towards next year. Who are some players that you would look to acquire early in the offseason that could be undervalued? Not necessarily cheap, just cheaper than they might be by the time the preseason starts.

With the fantasy playoffs starting in the next couple of weeks, many of us are looking towards next year. Who are some players that you would look to acquire early in the offseason that could be undervalued? Not necessarily cheap, just cheaper than they might be by the time the preseason starts.
I have Kenny Britt on my list.

Page Up and Page Down keys work wellthe spacebar goes down a page in most browsers too
Eh, I have a whole browsing system worked out. My right hand never leaves the trackpad as I browse the site and open a bunch of links in new tabs, beer in left hand. After I have everything opened and set up, I'll set the beer down and start replying. Moving my hand from the trackpad to the page up/page down keys is inefficient, and while the space bar is within easy reach, it only scrolls downwards. My current system is just too easy and efficient to bother changing just to fit another 50 posts per page.
I actually didn't see a lick of Sunday football (Holiday travel :lmao: ). Did Britt hit honest-to-goodness, "Elvis Dumervil in the 4th quarter" Beast Mode, or was it just garden variety "good game against an overmatched opponent" beast mode? What other news, notes, and tidbits from this week's action should I be aware of?
What's the ranking of Justin Forsett doing? It seems from word of mouth like Seattle does not see him as a feature back, but 2 out of 3 weeks now he's performed like one. Physically he's not much different from Ahmad Bradshaw. Impressive TD totals so far for someone who might be type cast as a 3rd down back.Also is there any reason to add Dixon now? I know F&L was high on him. That was hardly a Matt Schaub vs. the Patriots moment but he played a good game and only made the one big mistake. Obviously showed great speed and good game management, but a little green as a QB. Is he trade bait for the Steelers or is he the new Charlie Batch?
I dropped Brohm for Dixon as soon as Ben was ruled out. I'm a Roethlisberger owner, so it was partially a handcuff move. I was also confident that Brohm would still be sitting on waivers if I changed my mind in 2 weeks, but if Dixon looked good this week, he wouldn't be. I basically made the move to give me time to watch Dixon and decide for myself who I'd rather own long-term.
is this a deal that is going to be pulled off the table if it isn't agreed to right away? perhaps you can make this deal in january, after you win the championship.
I'm not a fan of waiting on deals. It never winds up working out. Too much stuff changes too quickly. Either take the deal now, or move on without it.

As always, the first guys that jump to mind are elite talents in bad situations. Steve Smith (CAR) is the best buy going right now, and Lee Evans isn't far behind. Greg Jennings is still there. It's a great week to buy Vincent Jackson. Others: Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Pierre Thomas, Knowshon Moreno, Beanie Wells, Zach Miller, Dustin Keller, Tony Scheffler, Jared Cook.

I always like to focus on high picks whose talent has been kept secret by a lack of opportunity. A lot of the breakout players every year fit this mold. This season hasn't been any different (Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhall, Mike Walker, Sidney Rice, Steve Smith - all top 100 draft picks who didn't get a real opportunity until this season). Some of the names I like for 2011:RB

Donald Brown - Addai sucks. Brown can't be any worse.

Beanie Wells - Never been a big fan, but he has the pedigree and the opportunity.

LeSean McCoy - Looks primed to take over for Westbrook. Unfortunately, I doubt he'll come cheap.

Shonn Greene - Has shown flashes. Should get his chance eventually.

Bernard Scott - Haven't seen much of him, but he seems like he has some talent.

Felix Jones - Playmaker with starting potential. Just needs to stay healthy.

Leon Washington - Hard to say if he'll ever be more than a committee guy, but he certainly has dynamic ability.

Of the above guys I would say Felix Jones and Shonn Green offer the best bang for your buck. They have as much potential as almost anyone on this list and they won't cost you as much as the premium 2010 rookies (Brown, Wells, McCoy). Scott and Washington don't have the pedigree of the other players on this list. I would classify them as longshots to become startable FF players, but they've shown enough gameday flashes to warrant some consideration.

WR

Hakeem Nicks - Still feel he's the best WR on the roster. You might be able to get him cheap, but probably not.

Mohammed Massaquoi - Had a hunch he would outshine Robiskie. Not a sure thing, but definitely has potential.

Johnny Knox - Like what I've seen from him. Could become a productive starter.

Eddie Royal - Definitely believe in his talent long term. He'll bounce back eventually.

Andre Caldwell - Quietly carved out a role on this team. Don't see why he can't be the WR2 here in the future.

James Jones - Looks good when he gets opportunities. Driver will be gone soon.

Harvin and Crabtree are obvious targets, but neither will come cheap. The buy low moment never existed for Crab and already came and went for Harvin (it was this past offseason). You can probably file Nicks in the "too late" category as well. I doubt he'll come cheap. I think Knox, Royal, Caldwell, and Jones are the guys I'll be looking to get for discount prices this offseason. They all have long term starter potential and you won't have to break the bank to get them.

I'm not a fan of waiting on deals. It never winds up working out. Too much stuff changes too quickly. Either take the deal now, or move on without it.
it's a bad trade for the next 5 weeks. it's a good trade after that. i wouldn't do it today because i'd want to win this year.

I'm looking at acquiring Maclin. Good speed, running better routes than expected, will go over the middle, and makes the tough catch. I like what I see, and at the moment, he's flying a bit under the radar.

Users who are viewing this thread