What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Rankings (9 Viewers)

It might have been mentioned a few times in passing, but right now, I feel that RBs are pretty bad, not just for 2013 NFL draft, but dynasty as a whole. So many guys suck/are underperforming (CJ?K, DMC, Mathews, Charles), hurt (Murray, MJD), or aren't great PPR options (Ridley, Morris). Even Shady is underperforming relative to expectations, and Foster is currently RB1, supported by a huge number of carries. I can't really make sense of RB right now.
I forget if it was this thread or another, but I was talking about that earlier. Back in 2009, something like 12 of the top 30 RBs were 24 or older ("young"), and another 8 or so were 25-26 ("middle aged"). This year, 5 RBs are young and 10 are middle aged. In 2009, the top four fantasy backs (Rice, Peterson, Johnson, Jones-Drew) were all 24 or younger. This season, you've got Richardson, Ridley, Martin, Morris, and Murray, and everyone else worth owning is already at the peak or on the downside. And next year's draft class at RB doesn't offer a whole lot of hope. Just a really, really weak time for dynasty RBs. On the other hand, it's a great time for dynasty WRs.
So what's the play on RBs? I feel I have a pretty loaded WR corps (Green, Julio, Harvin, Cobb, D Moore, Brown, Roberts), but thin at RB (Forte, Martin, SJax, DRich, Rodgers, Vereen). I've targeted the young RBs (McCoy, TRich, Mathews) but were told they weren't for sale or the asking price was too high IMO (Harvin, Martin and 2 high 1sts for TRich). So is the play to stick with the WRs and do one's best with RBs or overpay given the dearth in the draft?
I'd just say target different RB's.

I think the main issue is I see the tier difference after Julio (and realize you disagree there too). I would not entertain any trade of giving up Julio, Green, Harvin or of course Calvin for Cruz. Favoring elite talent over elite near term utilization.I would give up Fitz, Nicks, or Thomas for Cruz in the right scenario even though I might be slightly higher on those players long term.
I agree with all of this. We talk about top 5 and top 10 because we have five fingers, but the reality is that we should be talking about the top 4. Calvin, Green, Julio, and Harvin are the class of dynasty right now. In the second group, you've got Cruz, Bay Bay, Nicks, Fitz, Marshall, and Nelson. I think the first four names are relatively interchangeable, and I think the second six are relatively interchangeable (although I think Cruz is the class of the group), but I think the groups are pretty firm.

It might have been mentioned a few times in passing, but right now, I feel that RBs are pretty bad, not just for 2013 NFL draft, but dynasty as a whole. So many guys suck/are underperforming (CJ?K, DMC, Mathews, Charles), hurt (Murray, MJD), or aren't great PPR options (Ridley, Morris). Even Shady is underperforming relative to expectations, and Foster is currently RB1, supported by a huge number of carries. I can't really make sense of RB right now.
I forget if it was this thread or another, but I was talking about that earlier. Back in 2009, something like 12 of the top 30 RBs were 24 or older ("young"), and another 8 or so were 25-26 ("middle aged"). This year, 5 RBs are young and 10 are middle aged. In 2009, the top four fantasy backs (Rice, Peterson, Johnson, Jones-Drew) were all 24 or younger. This season, you've got Richardson, Ridley, Martin, Morris, and Murray, and everyone else worth owning is already at the peak or on the downside. And next year's draft class at RB doesn't offer a whole lot of hope. Just a really, really weak time for dynasty RBs. On the other hand, it's a great time for dynasty WRs.
So what's the play on RBs? I feel I have a pretty loaded WR corps (Green, Julio, Harvin, Cobb, D Moore, Brown, Roberts), but thin at RB (Forte, Martin, SJax, DRich, Rodgers, Vereen). I've targeted the young RBs (McCoy, TRich, Mathews) but were told they weren't for sale or the asking price was too high IMO (Harvin, Martin and 2 high 1sts for TRich). So is the play to stick with the WRs and do one's best with RBs or overpay given the dearth in the draft?
The scarcity does inflate the value of the real top tier guys (Rice, Richardson, McCoy), but it also means that more teams are going to be doing without. If you can't get one of the top guys, then don't force things and overpay, just get good talents at other positions. These things ebb and flow over time. If an oversupply of talented young WRs leads to them being undervalued, then buy. If an under supply of talented young RBs leads to them being overvalued, sit out the feeding frenzy.

You are talking about clips of him in space. He is great in space. He doesn't have quick feet out of his breaks. Show me great routes in tight space. That is what he would need to do to be a threat for 100 catches a season.

In my opinion, he is much more like TO than Fitz and Marshall. A poor man's TO, and I don't say that to be insulting.
Not really interested in dragging this along much further, as I've said most of what I want to say on the topic of Thomas, but I don't think your take has much basis in reality. Thomas is not some slow-footed lumbering goon who can only run a go route. Here he is coming off the line of scrimmage and getting good separation on a 1 yard out route. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoKy-mhxe10

I'm not seeing any stiffness or lack of foot quickness there. Here are some other good clips that showcase his running ability:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0ap2000000067999/QB-Manning-to-WR-Thomas-25-yd-pass

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0ap2000000067956/Raiders-defense-fumble-recovery

Teams don't usually throw the 1 yard bubble screen to players who can't run in tight spaces. You use this play to get your best playmaker the ball with a chance to make something happen. Thomas has delivered some massive gains on these screens this year (including a pretty nice 70 yard score against Pittsburgh).

And this clip really shows how fast he is off the LOS. He eats the corner for breakfast.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000078036/Thomas-38-yard-catch

Here he is running a pretty challenging stop-and-go route in which he gets the corner to bite:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000077918/Thomas-30-yard-one-handed-catch

You can say that Manning makes him, but his talent just pops off the screen. It's hard to look at what this guy does on the field and not think he's one of the very best in the league. He passes the eyeball test. The numbers are there. The physical metrics are there. He was a first round pick. There's really nothing missing in his game.

As for the TO comparison, his single season career high in yardage is 1451. Thomas is on pace for 1552 this season. Granted, TO missed two games that year, but Thomas is basically producing on par with TO's best year and I'd guess that he's doing it on far fewer targets (although I can't find the target info from that far back).

Having Peyton chucking passes his way helps in the sense that his opportunities are good when he gets them, but the flipside is that he doesn't get very many chances compared to other top NFL receivers. Here are the top 10 NFL leaders in receiving yards along with their total targets to date:

Reggie Wayne - 757 yards - 92 targets

Wes Welker - 736 yards - 83 targets

Demaryius Thomas - 679 yards - 57 targets

Brandon Marshall - 675 yards - 80 targets

Percy Harvin - 667 yards - 79 targets

Victor Cruz - 650 yards - 89 targets

Calvin Johnson - 638 yards - 74 targets

AJ Green - 636 yards - 73 targets

Vincent Jackson - 626 yards - 66 targets

Roddy White - 591 yards - 57 targets

By and large, yardage is a function of opportunities. Thomas has more yards than Brandon Marshall, Percy Harvin, Victor Cruz, AJ Green, and Calvin Johnson, on approximately 65-75% of the targets. So I think he could quite easily go to a bad team, get a larger slice of the pie, suffer a reduction in target quality, and still put up top 5 FF stats.

For me, Thomas is a top 10 pick in PPR dynasty startups. I think that will become the consensus as the season rolls on and he continues filling the box scores and highlight reels every week.

Last edited by a moderator:
How confident are we that Manning will be around for a few years? If you were already a Decker owner starting him every week, would you try to make a move for Demaryius, or would the chance that one of them goes down-hill once Peyton retires be too much risk? My thinking is that for the next three years, if you have them you should start them both and reap the rewards. Manning is good enough to support them both. For how long, though? Is it better to diversify and target someone else in trade discussions?

EBF, you and I view DT similarly. What side of a Calvin/DT deal would you want to be on, and what would it take to balance the value in your opinion? I've got an idea on my end, but I'm curious what another huge supporter of DT as a top-5 dynasty WR thinks. Is there a difference in tiers between Calvin and DT that necessitates something to bridge the gap, or are they close enough that you'd rather have the young guy with Peyton throwing the ball in the near future, but with injury risks?

For me, Thomas is a top 10 pick in PPR dynasty startups. I think that will become the consensus as the season rolls on and he continues filling the box scores and highlight reels every week.
If Thomas continues his pace and finishes with 1500+ yards, I agree. I just don't think he will.

Speaking of top 10 picks in PPR startups, I know there is a long way to go, but how do you all see it for 2013?I have:1. Richardson2. Rice 3. Foster4. RG35. Luck6. McCoy7. Rodgers8. AJG9. Calvin10. Julio

How confident are we that Manning will be around for a few years? If you were already a Decker owner starting him every week, would you try to make a move for Demaryius, or would the chance that one of them goes down-hill once Peyton retires be too much risk? My thinking is that for the next three years, if you have them you should start them both and reap the rewards. Manning is good enough to support them both. For how long, though? Is it better to diversify and target someone else in trade discussions?
If there's a guy to sell, it's Decker. Nice player, but doesn't have the qualities to be a perennial 1000+ yard threat regardless of situation. He's more of a classic #2 WR than a guy who scares defenses. So if the perception is that he and DT are about equal, then by all means cash in.
EBF, you and I view DT similarly. What side of a Calvin/DT deal would you want to be on, and what would it take to balance the value in your opinion? I've got an idea on my end, but I'm curious what another huge supporter of DT as a top-5 dynasty WR thinks. Is there a difference in tiers between Calvin and DT that necessitates something to bridge the gap, or are they close enough that you'd rather have the young guy with Peyton throwing the ball in the near future, but with injury risks?
I think DT is a more well-rounded receiver than Calvin, but Calvin is one of the best in the league as a deep ball and jump ball threat. Calvin is having a "down" year and he's still among the NFL leaders in yards per game. You have to be careful trading a player like that. However, DT is one of the few players in the NFL I would consider as part of a package for Calvin. If I could get someone to throw in a nice piece or two, I would definitely think about it. Even a single first rounder in a typical PPR might get it done. I think DT has a reasonable chance to outscore Calvin indefinitely, but one of the reasons you have to hesitate is that Calvin's perceived value is so incredibly sky high. You can ask the world for him and possibly get it. That's not the case with DT. Perception of his value is actually lagging a bit behind reality, as this thread indicates. His owners will not sell him cheaply, but there doesn't seem to be a widespread belief that he's a slam dunk dynasty cornerstone type. As I might have mentioned earlier, I have DT and Julio in one league, and people always assume that Julio will cost more when they approach me for trades. In reality, they are both on my short list of untouchable players.

Speaking of top 10 picks in PPR startups, I know there is a long way to go, but how do you all see it for 2013?I have:1. Richardson2. Rice 3. Foster4. RG35. Luck6. McCoy7. Rodgers8. AJG9. Calvin10. Julio
These guys are my top 11. Order depends on format:AARON RODGERSCAM NEWTONROBERT GRIFFINANDREW LUCKTRENT RICHARDSONCALVIN JOHNSONDEMARYIUS THOMASJULIO JONESAJ GREENDEZ BRYANTJIMMY GRAHAMI would probably take Trent #1 in most leagues due to the scarcity of elite RBs and the relative depth at positions like QB and WR. By that logic, I would probably have Rice and McCoy in my top 10 with a gun to my head, but I don't think McCoy is as special as the players on my list and I wouldn't want to pay market value for Rice unless I was going with an all out win-now strategy, which isn't personally how I like to build my teams. Foster to me is not an elite NFL player in real life and not someone I'd want as a foundational piece of a dynasty team. I know most won't agree with that assessment though.

Interesting that Dez remains on your short list. I can get past Bryant's personal issues. Why I don't want him (and Murray also), is that the Cowboys (Garrett) are not consistent in their usage. I will not take another Cowboy until they figure out what they want their offense to be. Or at least until I figure it out. :)

Interesting that Dez remains on your short list. I can get past Bryant's personal issues. Why I don't want him (and Murray also), is that the Cowboys (Garrett) are not consistent in their usage. I will not take another Cowboy until they figure out what they want their offense to be. Or at least until I figure it out. :)
He would probably be one of the last guys I'd take from that list, but at the end of the day he is a 23 year old WR with top 10 talent who should be a rock in your lineup for years to come. The off-field stuff is a red flag, but even guys like Chris Henry and PacMan Jones were still cashing NFL paychecks long after they were known headcases. Coaches need wins to keep their jobs and players like Dez can get you wins, which is why he's probably a safer pick for long term production than people would think. A guy like this will get infinite second chances.

Anyway, the one that stands out here is Stewart. I've gone back over the past month or so and I know he's been discussed frequently, but does anyone else see him in the 13 range? If he really is a potential 13th RB, now would be a great time to buy
I don't. Eventually, we have to learn, right? It would be one thing if Cam wasn't getting over 50% of the goal line carries - the team is phasing Williams out. But Stewart is in a less than ideal situation, even assuming the Panthers get him the ball 15-17 times a game. Injury history on top of that.I do think he is a good buy, or, at the very least, was until a week or two ago. He is a talent and still young, but I don't expect RB1 numbers anytime soon. RB13 is simply too rich for my blood. RB13 would allow you to acquire both MJD and R. Jennings, and I would much rather that combo. In general, assuming his value was RB13, I would rather spend a bit more for a guy like Forte. Or a bit less for players like Bradshaw, Murray, MJD, Ridley, CJ1K, etcetera.
For whatever its worth, I just bought Stewart for the price of Ingram and a (likely late) 2014 2nd in a 12 team .5ppr and the other owner (a very dedicated and generally fairly savvy one) said afterwards that he likely would have done it for the pick alone. At that price I would buy wherever I can.RE: ebfs top 11 above, I am on board with most of that but cannot imagine a circumstance under which I would take dez over harvin.

Anyway, the one that stands out here is Stewart. I've gone back over the past month or so and I know he's been discussed frequently, but does anyone else see him in the 13 range? If he really is a potential 13th RB, now would be a great time to buy
I don't. Eventually, we have to learn, right? It would be one thing if Cam wasn't getting over 50% of the goal line carries - the team is phasing Williams out. But Stewart is in a less than ideal situation, even assuming the Panthers get him the ball 15-17 times a game. Injury history on top of that.I do think he is a good buy, or, at the very least, was until a week or two ago. He is a talent and still young, but I don't expect RB1 numbers anytime soon. RB13 is simply too rich for my blood. RB13 would allow you to acquire both MJD and R. Jennings, and I would much rather that combo. In general, assuming his value was RB13, I would rather spend a bit more for a guy like Forte. Or a bit less for players like Bradshaw, Murray, MJD, Ridley, CJ1K, etcetera.
For whatever its worth, I just bought Stewart for the price of Ingram and a (likely late) 2014 2nd in a 12 team .5ppr and the other owner (a very dedicated and generally fairly savvy one) said afterwards that he likely would have done it for the pick alone. At that price I would buy wherever I can.RE: ebfs top 11 above, I am on board with most of that but cannot imagine a circumstance under which I would take dez over harvin.
Let's be honest, anyone that would sell Stewart for a mid to late 2nd isn't very savvy. He may have been feeding you a line, but the market for Stewart in any league I've seen, ppr or not, is at least in the mid to high 1st. And rightfully so IMO. I'd pay Ingram and a 2nd without a 2nd thought.

He would probably be one of the last guys I'd take from that list, but at the end of the day he is a 23 year old WR with top 10 talent who should be a rock in your lineup for years to come. The off-field stuff is a red flag, but even guys like Chris Henry and PacMan Jones were still cashing NFL paychecks long after they were known headcases. Coaches need wins to keep their jobs and players like Dez can get you wins, which is why he's probably a safer pick for long term production than people would think. A guy like this will get infinite second chances.
The Broncos Thomas-over-Dez decision looking great right about now. Equal or greater production without all the headcasery = win.

These guys are my top 11. Order depends on format:AARON RODGERSCAM NEWTONROBERT GRIFFINANDREW LUCKTRENT RICHARDSONCALVIN JOHNSONDEMARYIUS THOMASJULIO JONESAJ GREENDEZ BRYANTJIMMY GRAHAMI would probably take Trent #1 in most leagues due to the scarcity of elite RBs and the relative depth at positions like QB and WR. By that logic, I would probably have Rice and McCoy in my top 10 with a gun to my head, but I don't think McCoy is as special as the players on my list and I wouldn't want to pay market value for Rice unless I was going with an all out win-now strategy, which isn't personally how I like to build my teams. Foster to me is not an elite NFL player in real life and not someone I'd want as a foundational piece of a dynasty team. I know most won't agree with that assessment though.
sounds like you get to hung up on "talent" Hell you would probably still take Stewart over Forte. Not wanting Foster as a foundational piece is just wrong, do you play to win? And why Jimmy Graham but no gronkowski? Both QBs are old and when they retire it will severely cripple both players fantasy value IMO

And why Jimmy Graham but no gronkowski? Both QBs are old and when they retire it will severely cripple both players fantasy value IMO
I didn't understand how anyone could have Graham ahead of Gronk before the season and I think it's crazy now.2011/2012 Combined Stats

Gronk: 24 games, 133 catches, 1907 yards, 24 TDs

Graham: 25 games, 129 catches, 1625 yards, 15 TDs

Gronk has the same number of catches, +2 yards/reception, 60% more TDs and he's three years younger.

It's not even close IMO.

sounds like you get to hung up on "talent" Hell you would probably still take Stewart over Forte. Not wanting Foster as a foundational piece is just wrong, do you play to win? And why Jimmy Graham but no gronkowski? Both QBs are old and when they retire it will severely cripple both players fantasy value IMO
Foster's YPC has dropped every season despite playing on a great team. He will be 27 at the start of next season, meaning his trade value is about to bottom out. His main value stems from his huge workload, but he hasn't looked like a special back for a while. Given all of those factors, there are lots of other guys I would rather spend a top 10 pick on. As for Gronk vs. Graham, Graham reminds me more of the TEs who have demonstrated great longevity like Gonzalez and Witten. No doubt Gronk gives you a big edge when he's in your lineup, but I see him as the type who will burn brightly for a while and then fade away. I don't see his playing style as a recipe for long term dominance (ironic because Graham is the one who is injured right now). Finally...I could see Stewart outscoring Forte if he gets the workload. That has always been his problem.

Not wanting Foster as a foundational piece is just wrong, do you play to win?
If Foster continues his carries pace, and the Texans make the playoffs (pretty much a lock), have fun with your 400 carry back, because I can assure you he won't be on any of my teams. I've already begun to sell him in the dynos I own him in.

Somebody talk me out if trading Calvin for Martin and Austin. I'm heavy at wr with cal Julio Percy Randall and lance. Light at rb with sproles Bradshaw spiller Jennings Rodgers. Non ppr

The off-field stuff is a red flag, but even guys like Chris Henry and PacMan Jones were still cashing NFL paychecks long after they were known headcases. Coaches need wins to keep their jobs and players like Dez can get you wins, which is why he's probably a safer pick for long term production than people would think. A guy like this will get infinite second chances.
Your comment would have sounded much more convincing if you didn't name Henry and Jones...

I'd be interested in looking at some of the rosters of those that contribute heavily to this thread and seeing some commentary from the owners about how they built the rosters and their outlook moving forward. And discussion about that... maybe like a version of the in season dynasty trades thread.

And I'd love to get some comments on my roster from the savvy dynasty posters here. But I know that is frowned upon. I avoid the AC forum, and I assume there isn't much dynasty activity there, especially not quality activity.

Anyone else interested in this? If so, how best to go about it?

I don't think there is anything wrong with talking about rosters. It would give us more perspective and makes posters accountable for their opinions. I would be interested in that. Maybe a separate thread because of all the complainers.

I don't think there is anything wrong with talking about rosters. It would give us more perspective and makes posters accountable for their opinions. I would be interested in that. Maybe a separate thread because of all the complainers.
Before starting a new thread, I want to see if guys like EBF, Coop, SSOG, et al are willing to participate.

I'd be really interested in doing something along those lines. <-- Edit... 666th post... I hope that's not an omen... :)

I'd post a couple of my teams if people would be interested in that.
can't wait - I know it won't be the typical "Here is my team" post. I would follow the analysis of your moves and decision making. I think just if you and the other guys (SSOG, etc) just posted ONE team each it would be better than having teams and teams to pore over. Just my two cents.

I'd definitely be up for that. Would be good to discuss moves you've made and why. (both good and bad).

Also would be interesting to see different strategies that perhaps take place within one format (HA/ MOX/ FFPC)

I'd be interested in looking at some of the rosters of those that contribute heavily to this thread and seeing some commentary from the owners about how they built the rosters and their outlook moving forward. And discussion about that... maybe like a version of the in season dynasty trades thread.And I'd love to get some comments on my roster from the savvy dynasty posters here. But I know that is frowned upon. I avoid the AC forum, and I assume there isn't much dynasty activity there, especially not quality activity.Anyone else interested in this? If so, how best to go about it?
I would be...but I'm already in several leagues with a few regular posters in this thread ;)

'renesauz said:
'Just Win Baby said:
I'd be interested in looking at some of the rosters of those that contribute heavily to this thread and seeing some commentary from the owners about how they built the rosters and their outlook moving forward. And discussion about that... maybe like a version of the in season dynasty trades thread.And I'd love to get some comments on my roster from the savvy dynasty posters here. But I know that is frowned upon. I avoid the AC forum, and I assume there isn't much dynasty activity there, especially not quality activity.Anyone else interested in this? If so, how best to go about it?
I would be...but I'm already in several leagues with a few regular posters in this thread ;)
It can be a blessing and a curse. When I was doing rankings weekly, I actually sent everyone in my league the link. Sometimes, it made it hard to buy a player I loved at his market value. Other times, people were approaching me with deals that I never would have thought to offer just because they saw something they disagreed with in my rankings. Anyway, I posted my team in my "main" dynasty. It's my first league, and the one that brought me into this thread in the first place. I've done others since, but that's still the sentimental favorite, the one I want to win if I can only win one. It's also the one where I developed my philosophy, and the one where I have been most successful in executing it.

McFadden down again.

I'm sure it's just another "unlucky" injury. The fact that he has ballerina ankles and plays the most violent position in pro sports is purely coincidental.

:popcorn:

McFadden down again. I'm sure it's just another "unlucky" injury. The fact that he has ballerina ankles and plays the most violent position in pro sports is purely coincidental. :popcorn:
EBF you know you are my bro but really? Yes every injury is unlucky. Sorry but your statement here is terrible. This makes Donovan McNabb sound smart.

McFadden down again. I'm sure it's just another "unlucky" injury. The fact that he has ballerina ankles and plays the most violent position in pro sports is purely coincidental. :popcorn:
:goodposting: Another lower body injury to add to the laundry list.

Too bad you feel compelled to offset your high quality posts with posts like this. :thumbdown:

Take a shot at the guy while he's down - classy! Guess he'll wanna talk about Jonathan Stewart's great average per rush tomorrow.
Who's taking shots? I won't speak for EBF, but the neverending string of lower body injuries is why I have been consistently lower on DMC than just about everyone else. He was fine for redraft purposes while Michael Bush was around, but without a handcuff DMC is a gamble I'm not going to make. No one is disputing what he does when he's healthy, he just never is, and I don't think this is a case of a random RB injury. Some backs just aren't made to withstand the pounding, unfortunately DMC is one of them.

picked up stevie johnson this weekend. disappointing first effort, but i like picking up clear no. 1 WRs. they are hard to trade for.

I don't really want to go on a McFadden rant again, but I'd dispute the idea that he's a great player even when he's healthy. Great players can excel in any system. McFadden is too one-dimensional. Awesome straight line speed. Not much else. He doesn't have natural power. Combine his rail thin frame with his tendency to run hard and his inability to avoid contact, and you have the recipe for an injury-plagued career. He will always be hurt because he doesn't have the bulk to survive his own running style. The guy is no better than a 5th round pick in dynasty startups and I hope people will finally realize this.

No more McFadden/Stewart, please! ;)

How high are people moving Doug Martin up after his last 4 games? I haven't had a chance to watch the Raider game yet, but hope to this week. I'll have an opinion to share then.

Tier 1? 1st round startup pick?

Take a shot at the guy while he's down - classy! Guess he'll wanna talk about Jonathan Stewart's great average per rush tomorrow.
Don't want to draw the ire of Coop, but as a Panthers' fan and dynasty owner of Stew, I was pretty peeved with the playcalling yesterday. Guy is ripping off huge chunks of yardage early on, and Rivera, Chud, and co. go away from him. Yes DW ripped off the 30-yard score, but what did he do with his other carries? Nothing. Like he's done the rest of the season.In a game they led the whole way, Stew got 10 carries while averaging 5.6 per, and even that YPC is misleading as I believe he had 7 for 50+ early on in the game.One of these days he'll get a full workload... I think it's coming later this year, but definitely next year (IMO), and I think the guy's going to explode. Buy now.EDIT - let me also say this would be getting a lot more attention from local reporters, etc. had they lost that game.... Winning glosses over a lot.

I had him at #4 last week.

With the earlier question about Murray and Spiller, injuries this year to Murray and MJD, and recent news out if Carolina suggesting Stewart is becomming a bell cow, who's in your top 10-15 RBs for dynasty?
I'll take a stab at it. 1. Trent Richardson - Actually a pretty clear #1 for me, provided that he can stay healthy. Best overall back in the league now.

2. Ray Rice - Should be good for about 3 more peak seasons. Trade value won't really drop for at least another year.

3. LeSean Mccoy - Good, proven, and young. Some risk that his value drops if Reid is canned.

4. Doug Martin - On raw talent alone he isn't the 4th best RB, but I think he represents a safe workhorse back with his entire career ahead of him.

5. Jamaal Charles - I feel a bit uneasy about this ranking given his inability to stay healthy and productive over a full season, but he is clearly a dynamic talent and he's still in his prime.

6. Ryan Mathews - Value is similar to Martin's, except he has a more checkered injury track record.

7. Arian Foster - I'm not really a fan of the NFL player, but if they keep feeding him the rock then he'll remain valuable.

8. Adrian Peterson - Still playing at a dynamite level, but getting old. You could take him higher if you were just thinking win now.

9. Marshawn Lynch - He is what he is. I think he can play like this for a few more years.

10. CJ Spiller/Jonathan Stewart - Both guys have obvious talent, but obvious question marks. The main thing they lack is the opportunity to touch the ball 20+ times per game. If either guy had that chance, I would expect big things. The problem is that there's no way of knowing exactly if/when that will happen for either of them.
I think that's a good spot for him right now. The only difference is that I'm a bit more excited about his talent than I was a week ago. I have been higher on Martin than average for a while (actually was lucky enough to get him with the 1.12 in a dev draft last year :excited: ), but it seems I still might have underrated him. He is a pretty complete back with no weaknesses and appears to be an even more dynamic talent than anticipated.A game like this will do wonders for his draft stock. The 200+ total yard effort on national TV last week didn't hurt either.

At this point Richardson is the only obvious RB I'd take over him. You can make a really good case for Rice and McCoy. On the other hand, Martin is starting to look just as good as those guys and he's even younger. There is some risk that the past two weeks turn out to be a fluke, but even in a worst case scenario a quality first round RB getting 20+ touches every game is going to have immense FF value.

Given the relative scarcity of bankable RBs in dynasty, I'd say he's definitely moved into the top 10 picks of most startup drafts. I have him in a couple dynasty leagues and there aren't too many players I'd feel good about shifting him straight up for after the past few weeks.

Don't want to draw the ire of Coop, but as a Panthers' fan and dynasty owner of Stew, I was pretty peeved with the playcalling yesterday. Guy is ripping off huge chunks of yardage early on, and Rivera, Chud, and co. go away from him. Yes DW ripped off the 30-yard score, but what did he do with his other carries? Nothing. Like he's done the rest of the season.In a game they led the whole way, Stew got 10 carries while averaging 5.6 per, and even that YPC is misleading as I believe he had 7 for 50+ early on in the game.One of these days he'll get a full workload... I think it's coming later this year, but definitely next year (IMO), and I think the guy's going to explode. Buy now.EDIT - let me also say this would be getting a lot more attention from local reporters, etc. had they lost that game.... Winning glosses over a lot.
I actually think there is a lot to talk about, in regards to Stewart. I just don't want to read the "McFadden/Stewart" talk again. That could just be me.I was shocked by Stewart's usage yesterday, however. Something has to be going on that we are not being made aware of, right?

No more McFadden/Stewart, please! ;)How high are people moving Doug Martin up after his last 4 games? I haven't had a chance to watch the Raider game yet, but hope to this week. I'll have an opinion to share then. Tier 1? 1st round startup pick?
A lot higher than I was a month ago when I traded him away :(

Users who are viewing this thread