What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (3 Viewers)

When a venue is selling tickets at the box office, are they pulling from the same pool as the internet purchasers? This would be for a live nation show.

Congratulations! You have just purchased the following tickets: -----------Sat Aug 8 2009 07:30 PM Phish, Gorge AmphitheatreNumber of tickets: 2, GENERAL ADMISSIONTicket Delivery: UPS 2nd Day Air (Domestic)
:thumbup:

My ticket requests for Shoreline came in. 4 for the lawn.
Got extras?Failing that, got advice about the best way to go about purchasing these on Sunday? I am considering the following:1. Calling.2. Internet.3. Drive to Shoreline.4. Drive to other location (live nation outlet i guess?) that you can buy in person5. #3 or #4 in conjunction with calling and having my wife try via internet.Thanks for your thoughts.

Got extras?Failing that, got advice about the best way to go about purchasing these on Sunday? I am considering the following:1. Calling.2. Internet.3. Drive to Shoreline.4. Drive to other location (live nation outlet i guess?) that you can buy in person5. #3 or #4 in conjunction with calling and having my wife try via internet.Thanks for your thoughts.
Don't drive to shoreline. I'm pretty sure they don't have a box office that will be open Sunday morning. I would work the internet. Its a big place. I'm sure you will get tickets if you start trying the exact minute they go on-sale. You're option 5 might be the best method. I know there is this Mexican music store in the Mission that is an outlet, I used to go there b/c there was never any line but you may not want to solely rely on one source. Good luck

Don't drive to shoreline. I'm pretty sure they don't have a box office that will be open Sunday morning. I would work the internet. Its a big place. I'm sure you will get tickets if you start trying the exact minute they go on-sale. You're option 5 might be the best method. I know there is this Mexican music store in the Mission that is an outlet, I used to go there b/c there was never any line but you may not want to solely rely on one source. Good luck
Yeah, I think I just needed external confirmation that #5 was the way to go :goodposting:Re: Shoreline -- phish.com says tix will be sold there beginning at noon on sunday... perhaps I'll call ahead and find out the dealioRe: outlets -- is the one you're referring to a ticketmaster or livenation outlet? From what i've researched, livenation has outlets at select blockbuster stores... this show appears to not be available via ticketmaster... I am contemplating finding a blockbuster in daly city or something :goodposting:

Yeah, I think I just needed external confirmation that #5 was the way to go :shrug:Re: Shoreline -- phish.com says tix will be sold there beginning at noon on sunday... perhaps I'll call ahead and find out the dealioRe: outlets -- is the one you're referring to a ticketmaster or livenation outlet? From what i've researched, livenation has outlets at select blockbuster stores... this show appears to not be available via ticketmaster... I am contemplating finding a blockbuster in daly city or something :pics:
Never heard of anyone going to Shoreline to buy tickets. :fishing: :The mexican place, I believe it was a ticketbastard outlet.

Got extras?Failing that, got advice about the best way to go about purchasing these on Sunday? I am considering the following:1. Calling.2. Internet.
As I said earlier - If you are going to try online, I think buying early is best... Set a price and bid away... I missed out on some Multiple ticket offers that would be a complete bargain now - (4 tickets for $400)... If you have Stubhub, I think they had even better deals.I got 1 ticket for Jones Beach for $150 in the orch... Right now it looks like I could sell that ticket for $300+.Really I won't B*tch much about spending $150.00 when the Eagles, Stones, Fleetwood Mac and Clapton all charge more than that Face Value.

is Red Rocks sold out? I totally spaced. Luckily one of our clients is a lead engineer there. He thinks my friend/coworker is hot. Said he could get us tickets.

Come on fall tour...
:goodposting: The HAVE to come to San Diego and Vegas, right? :mellow:
I would guess MAYBE a small tour around Halloween, and then NYE run.It would definitely make sense to have a SoCal stop and a Vegas stop. Atlanta and Florida have also been neglected. (and Texas - one can dream)NYE run is going to be another mad scramble for tickets. The scalpers have their claws dug in deep, and they won't let go until they take a bath for at least one tour. I wonder if enough kids got into Phish during the last five years that it's just going to be like this from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
is Red Rocks sold out?
Quickly.
Maybe I can parlay my gorge shows into a Red Rocks show.
Good luck. Red Rocks is going to be harder than Hampton.At least this could mean that the unwashed masses stay away and Phish actually gets invited back to Morrison.
I have a history of getting into hard Phish shows. Any NYE run I've gone to, Halloween Chicago and Vegas. The Flynn theater Lake Champlain Benefit in Burlington and a slew of others. If I really want to go I'll go. For the above shows I paid face or nothing at all. Kicked down Vegas Halloween and Chicago as well as NYE MSG in 97 or 98.

Come on fall tour...
:confused: The HAVE to come to San Diego and Vegas, right? :lmao:
I would guess MAYBE a small tour around Halloween, and then NYE run.It would definitely make sense to have a SoCal stop and a Vegas stop. Atlanta and Florida have also been neglected. (and Texas - one can dream)NYE run is going to be another mad scramble for tickets. The scalpers have their claws dug in deep, and they won't let go until they take a bath for at least one tour. I wonder if enough kids got into Phish during the last five years that it's just going to be like this from now on.
I have 2 friends that own a broker agency and they sell everything. They said they are laying off Phish tickets and still have a bunch from the Spring tour kicking around. Just told me this Saturday night.

is Red Rocks sold out?
Quickly.
Good luck. Red Rocks is going to be harder than Hampton.At least this could mean that the unwashed masses stay away and Phish actually gets invited back to Morrison.
I have a history of getting into hard Phish shows. Any NYE run I've gone to, Halloween Chicago and Vegas. The Flynn theater Lake Champlain Benefit in Burlington and a slew of others. If I really want to go I'll go. For the above shows I paid face or nothing at all. Kicked down Vegas Halloween and Chicago as well as NYE MSG in 97 or 98.
:confused: #######, man. you are so full of ####.

is Red Rocks sold out?
Quickly.
I hear you... things just have a way of working out on tour. Just seems different now unless you have some sort of in or really terrific luck. Stubhub has over 1000 tickets for some of the summer shows. I think the scalper economy around these tickets is bigger than the one generated by the face value of the tickets.

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting: #######, man. you are so full of ####.
How am I full of #### :goodposting: I've been to everyone of those shows and probably over 100 more.

:goodposting: #######, man. you are so full of ####.
How am I full of #### :goodposting: I've been to everyone of those shows and probably over 100 more.
no, no, man. keep it up. it's quite entertaining. i didn't mean for you to stop.

:lmao: #######, man. you are so full of ####.
How am I full of #### :confused: I've been to everyone of those shows and probably over 100 more.
no, no, man. keep it up. it's quite entertaining. i didn't mean for you to stop.
You honestly think I'm lying :confused: Wow. I did tour for 4 years. I owned that ####. I lived in Burlington VT from 1996-2000. Not sure how any of the above is unbelievable. Go back and read my posts in this thread and tell me I'm lying. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread