Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Mel Gibson or Kramer

Chaka

Mel Gibson v Kramer  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Michael Richards thread has now become a discussion of Mel v Kramer so I thought a pole was in order.

What say you?

ETA: Forgot to add "Both the same" as a choice. Can I add these? If not will the mods please do so? TIA

I voted as Mel's tirade as being worse because his was not really instigated and seemed more of a drunken glimpse into his inner mind. Plus the "sugar-####" thing. Kramer was being heckled and maybe was going for shock value over-the-top thing. Both were horrible though.

Mel's got more money, so his apology was a lot more polished.

The Michael Richards thread has now become a discussion of Mel v Kramer so I thought a pole was in order.What say you?ETA: Forgot to add "Both the same" as a choice. Can I add these? If not will the mods please do so? TIA

You forgot the "neither one of them did anything wrong" choice. I'm just saying.
Would you have voted for that choice if it were there?J

Has anyone actually seen Gibson's tirade?

Is there video? All I am going by is the official police report. The one they tried to hide first time around.
I think just comparing transcript to transcript is the way to do it.Camara phone and youtube was the undoing here. You can bet they would have tried to hide it if they could. Just like Gibson.J

Has anyone actually seen Gibson's tirade?

Is there video? All I am going by is the official police report. The one they tried to hide first time around.
I think just comparing transcript to transcript is the way to do it.Camara phone and youtube was the undoing here. You can bet they would have tried to hide it if they could. Just like Gibson.J
Well no one was arrested so there was no police report for Richards. But certainly I am thinking a video of Gibson hanging from the holding cell bars and threatening officers would have been quite enlightening. And since it is a very rare police car or police station that don't have video, that video exists somewhere. Be interesting to see if it ever leaks. My money is on it being destroyed almost immediately.

Who's tirade was worse?

Mel [ 16 ] ** [32.00%]

Kramer [ 30 ] ** [60.00%]

tie [ 4 ] ** [8.00%]

I would expect this to be closer, or at least for there to be more tie votes.

I wonder why this is. Were Richards' words more offensive? "Hanging upside down in trees" vs. "Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Do people feel Jews are less persecuted today? Perhaps because they are perceived as a group to be successful that it is not as offensive to insult them? Maybe some white guilt for the oppression that African Americans were subjected to during the slave days?

Probably all of the above.

Archived