What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (1 Viewer)

his soul 100% left his body on that KO. i had a spliut second where i thought he died standing up.

on a somewhat related note.... that ko roundhouse on moraes... ok, im 99% that kick likely would have killed me, if he ko'd him... but ive watched it about 20x now and it looks like it barely touched him... to the point where his head/neck didnt even react to the kick.

so bizarre to see.

his soul 100% left his body on that KO. i had a spliut second where i thought he died standing up.

on a somewhat related note.... that ko roundhouse on moraes... ok, im 99% that kick likely would have killed me, if he ko'd him... but ive watched it about 20x now and it looks like it barely touched him... to the point where his head/neck didnt even react to the kick.

so bizarre to see.
Sandhagen mentioned he saw a lump on Moraes’s head and that his sparring partner had a similar lump in the same location and he knew if he landed a kick there it would knock him out. 

Damn, hate to see the Zombie go out like that. Might be the end of his window here, he looked a step slow all night and took a lot of punishment to add to the many miles already on his odometer.

Really nice performance by Ortega, aggressive and technical. Crute also looked pretty good throwing those bombs, will be interesting to see how he develops - I'd like to see him matched up against another human tank at 205 in William Knight and see who comes out on top of that one.

Also, KZ's translator not wasting words tonight:

- KZ goes back to corner after fourth round, trainer sits down in front of him and says something.

- Translator: "This is the last round."

-Trainer proceeds to spend entire remainder of time between rounds animatedly talking, pointing and gesticulating.

Translator: (long silence) "Need more boxing."

I have really been looking forward to this UFC.  I wonder if it ends up being a stand-up fight like Covington vs Usman turned out to be.  I've watched quite a bit of YouTube's analyzing this fight, and it sounds like the game plan is pretty clear cut for team USA.  Stay off the fence, and keep the fight in the middle.  Apparently, Gathjes wrestling style expends a lot of energy, but he should be able to hold his own.  

Did Khabib even make weight?

https://youtu.be/524wtNq86Ys

I wasn't expecting an arm bar or triangle from Khabib.  This makes the 155 division way more exciting imo note that he is gone.  Great career, and likely the most dominating fighter to ever step in the cage, and hold down a single division.  Best pound for pound?  Gtfo, go up or down a weight class then beg the ufc again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely sounds like that is it for him. Said he promised his mother and won't go back on his word.
He seems to me to be the type of guy who stays true to his word as well. 

This is likely the last we will see of him. 

Absolute legend. One of my favorite fighters ever. And probably the pound for pound goat. 

NewlyRetired said:
holy crap is he a complete fighter.  He has everything, even his striking his good.
It was his pressure today. I’m not saying his striking is bad, it’s simply good like you say, but he literally wore JG out in less than a round by stalking him. Didn’t think that would happen. He can eat a shot too...JG tagged him a few times and he looks completely unfazed. 

Hall KO's Silva in the 4th.

Thought it was a great choice of opponent for his possible final fight. Hall's always come up small his entire career yet still ranked as a top 10 guy in the weight class.

Izzy moving up to Light Heavy in next fight to challenge Blachowicz for his title according to Dana.

Also said he believes Khabib will return for possible win #30

Clayton Gray's boy Thug Nasty did work tonight.  He's legit title contender.

i've won stacks betting on him.  TY Clayton.

Been liking this card so far.  But, not every day you see a guys ear come off  :X

Users who are viewing this thread