What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (9 Viewers)

am i the only one who thought tony said "I DID IT" at the end of the episode? Could have sworn that was what he yelled

Following up on Tony's "and all that entrails," last night he said he was "prostate with grief" when Tony B. was shot in the face. :goodposting:

The line about Christopher's daughter inheriting his schnozz when she hits puberty was good also.

I have not read all the previous posts, so I don't know if this was ever thrown out there, but any thoughts about AJ killing Tony.I think it would be the most meaningful way for the show to go out. I think its obvious that AJ does not have it in him to be a mobster, but enough angst to end the cycle of violence that he is a part of.
End the cycle of violence by committing murder? I don't see it. AJ has always been pretty detached from his dad's career and lifestyle, unlike Meadow.

I agree - AJ is clueless - you need someone with knowledge if you're going to flip someone - I thought Chris was the guy to flip before last night. Can't see Paulie doing it so not sure if that angle will be played out.

Still think it will end in War with Phil - the laughing and lack of respect from the NY is getting out of control.

I agree - AJ is clueless - you need someone with knowledge if you're going to flip someone - I thought Chris was the guy to flip before last night. Can't see Paulie doing it so not sure if that angle will be played out.
I think we've probably run out of time for someone to flip and for that to play out. Now, I suppose it's possible that there's been a major rat for awhile that we haven't known about, but that would be a surprise.

the one thing that i think is cool about the show now is honestly i dont think anyone has their finger on how it will all end. Many will be disappointed or let down by the ending im sure, but with 3 episodes left, they really are not swaying one way or the other. I am not sure that a standoff with Phil would be the best ending. To me, Johnny Sac will always be the head of that family, Phil is just a backup RB who is being forced to start. He's a jabronie

I have not read all the previous posts, so I don't know if this was ever thrown out there, but any thoughts about AJ killing Tony.I think it would be the most meaningful way for the show to go out. I think its obvious that AJ does not have it in him to be a mobster, but enough angst to end the cycle of violence that he is a part of.
End the cycle of violence by committing murder? I don't see it. AJ has always been pretty detached from his dad's career and lifestyle, unlike Meadow.
Thats exactly why it would be the most fitting way. Its like an abused child/women/ etc killing their tormentor. Even though they are not violent by nature, it is the only way to end the cycle of violence.AJ can pretend to be detached but it will never be possible as long as his father is alive. Any time he meets a new friend, etc the first thing he here's is he's the son of Tony Soprano.I am not saying it is going to happen, but the way the writers are focusing on AJ, makes me think it is possible.

Couple of notes -

re: dream sequence

the flash of light from the sun was peculiar

re: while playing roulette

when he started winning Tony laughed when he said, "he's dead!" hence his luck has changed

I would be disappointed if AJ killed Tony, not a very fitting ending IMO, only motive I could see would be if it was Tony that caused the breakup with his fiance, it was a little peculiar how that went down, she accepted his proposal and when she dumped him and he said he loved her she replied that she loved him too :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good episode. Tony is screwed. He is giving up on his therapy and is going to embrace himself as the violent pig he is. Good for him.

I hope Butchie gets flayed or something like that. I hate that little #####.

Mahoney said:
Loopdog said:
am i the only one who thought tony said "I DID IT" at the end of the episode? Could have sworn that was what he yelled
Nope. I thought he yelled, "I did it" as well.
I thought so too. As if he had successfully removed the albatross (Chris) from around his neck and was now reaping the benefits.

Mahoney said:
Loopdog said:
Nope. I thought he yelled, "I did it" as well.
I thought for sure he yelled out "I GET it". I went back and checked with the CC on.It was "GET" not "DID".

Was he staying in Caesars?
Bellagio.
I was pretty sure it was Caesars. :rant:He said "i get it" twice.
It looked in the one scene like Caesar's was next door (to the left - that's why I assumed he was at Bellagio), but then again, Caesar's is so damn big that if he was on one side of the hotel, it could look like that.
I think it was Caesars also...Had the pillars at the pool and the bathrobe had the Greek style trim on it...

I heard in the next episode, Artie Bucco tells Tony to go f himself when he shows up at Vesuvio with Carm's parents and asks to be seated while Carm's father parks the car.

SHIZNITTTT said:
I for one will be glad when the series is finally over, due to the last couple of episodes. I think the scenes, the plots, and characters are losing their "edge". I wonder if HBO has something to do with the ruining of episodes before the end (like Deadwood). I can't really say that I am going to miss the Soprano's much after this season. With Tony's son turning out to be a head case, Carmella a head case (I wish Tony would get rid of her), Christopher gone, what’s really left? Maybe I am missing something that the rest of you get, but spending 20 minutes on the Christopher wake of a 50 minute show, means that they are running out of ideas. Good Bye, Soprano's, and I am sorry that the last season did not do you justice.
HBO pretty much gives complete control to the creative people on their shows. Example: when Alan Ball gave HBO the script to HBO for Six Feet Under, HBO's only notes were "...make it more ####ed up."

What was the deal with all the commentary about Carlo's arrival when Tony was laid up after the accident...

That one guy made mention of it like 3-4 times...

Even Sil commented on it...

Okay, here is another thing I am wondering...If Christopher wasn't wearing his seat belt, wouldn't he have been thrown from the car? There is almost no way he would still have been in the driver's seat after that kind of jarring.

El Floppo said:
I really don't get the hate for the recent seasons. :cry:

Disclaimer: theyr'e starting to blur- so I don't really remember which one's which. That said- wasn't it last year when the season started with Tony recovering from getting shot by Junior? Those opening 3, 4, 5? episodes were amongst the best ever, IMO. And there have been moments of genius throughout.

This week- thought the car ride pre-crash was amazing. Without saying much of anything, we saw the range of Tony's emotions towards Chris... unbelievable writing and acting (without dialogue). Although I did feel that the endless looking up and down at the stereo presaging something coming was a bit too heavy-handed in the direction (and maybe the writing too I guess).

Anthony... meh. Seems to me they're setting him up as character for an important cataystic (is that a word?)... woof... that word just plum finished me. I'm too tired to even finish this thought.

:cry: Good night!
I don't hate them. They are still better than most dramas. But no way do the last few years measure up to the first 2 or 3 years.

I figured it out...

Anthony Jr continues to get mixed up with those guys running the college book. Eventually someone is gonna get shot for a debt, Anthony is gonna try and stop it (can't everyone just get along?) and will end up taking the bullet.

I figured it out...Anthony Jr continues to get mixed up with those guys running the college book. Eventually someone is gonna get shot for a debt, Anthony is gonna try and stop it (can't everyone just get along?) and will end up taking the bullet.
Nope going to go with this.AJ's gang says to hell with this were the #1 gang. Kills of Tony's gang and the NY gang. :goodposting:

Capella said:
prosopis said:
After reading the last three pages here I think I came up a winner by not signing up with HBO this time.
:(Right, you're in here asking for episode recaps and wondering what's going on, but you're proud of yourself for saving 12 bucks.
I will end up renting the DVDs to :lmao:

Minotauro said:
Last night he said he was "prostate with grief" when Tony B. was shot in the face.
I can't even guess what word he was going for there.I get the "let's throw in a malaprop or two every episode" to show what an uneducated neanderthal he is, but this one seemed too forced. He's not THAT stupid.

Wheelhouse said:
One thing I caught just before the accident. Chris foreshadows his death...He says "This Departed soundtrack is f***** killer"Not only does "The Departed" tie in to things, but then he says it's "f***** killer" Interesting. :confused: I don't know about any of you, but I could sense something was going to happen on the road.
Funny, all I could sense was that they were shamelessly pimping "The Departed" soundtrack.

Minotauro said:
Last night he said he was "prostate with grief" when Tony B. was shot in the face.
I can't even guess what word he was going for there.I get the "let's throw in a malaprop or two every episode" to show what an uneducated neanderthal he is, but this one seemed too forced. He's not THAT stupid.
Prostrate is the proper word...Not exactly that big of a difference there...

ETA:

1. Lying face down, as in submission or adoration.

2. Lying flat or at full length.

3. Reduced to extreme weakness or incapacitation; overcome.

4. Botany Growing flat along the ground.

Minotauro said:
Prostrate is the proper word...Not exactly that big of a difference there...

ETA:

1. Lying face down, as in submission or adoration.

2. Lying flat or at full length.

3. Reduced to extreme weakness or incapacitation; overcome.

4. Botany Growing flat along the ground.
Interesting that Andy Sipowicz used to say "prostrate" when he meant "prostate." :blackdot:

Minotauro said:
Another malaprop - Chris said "flying ointment" too. At least I thought he said that.

Minotauro said:
Another malaprop - Chris said "flying ointment" too. At least I thought he said that.
:confused: Heard that too.

Wheelhouse said:
One thing I caught just before the accident. Chris foreshadows his death...He says "This Departed soundtrack is f***** killer"Not only does "The Departed" tie in to things, but then he says it's "f***** killer" Interesting. :thumbup: I don't know about any of you, but I could sense something was going to happen on the road.
Funny, all I could sense was that they were shamelessly pimping "The Departed" soundtrack.
I haven't seen The Departed or heard the soundtrack. Is it all live versions of Pink Floyd songs? And is it as ####### killer as Christopher says it is?

Wheelhouse said:
One thing I caught just before the accident. Chris foreshadows his death...He says "This Departed soundtrack is f***** killer"Not only does "The Departed" tie in to things, but then he says it's "f***** killer" Interesting. :sadbanana: I don't know about any of you, but I could sense something was going to happen on the road.
I haven't seen The Departed or heard the soundtrack. Is it all live versions of Pink Floyd songs? And is it as ####### killer as Christopher says it is?
That's the only PF song on it, and its the live version from the 1990 Berlin Wall show w/Van Morrison and The Band...The rest of the tracks are: 1. "Comfortably Numb" (Roger Waters Feat. Van Morrison and The Band, version from The Wall Concert in Berlin) – 7:59 2. "Sail on, Sailor" (Beach Boys) – 3:18 3. "Let It Bleed" (Rolling Stones) – 5:18 4. "Sweet Dreams" (Roy Buchanan) – 3:32 5. "One Way Out" (Allman Brothers Band) – 4:57 6. "Baby Blue" (Badfinger) – 3:36 7. "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" (Dropkick Murphys) – 2:34 8. "Nobody But Me" (Human Beinz) – 2:18 9. "Tweedle Dee" (LaVern Baker) – 3:10 10. "Sweet Dreams (Of You)" (Patsy Cline) – 2:34 11. "The Departed Tango" (Howard Shore, Marc Ribot) – 3:32 12. "Beacon Hill" (Howard Shore, Sharon Isbin) – 2:33All in all a very good soundtrack,...The Dropkick Murphys are kickass, and that song is great...

Users who are viewing this thread