What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (3 Viewers)

I'm not surprised that Phil is pushing to wage war against Tony but one of his crew makes sexually laden comments to another boss' daughter and he doesn't expect consequences to come from that? You'd have to be pretty ignorant to not expect Tony to react strongly to that. Or you simply are looking for a fight and you're pushing Tony's buttons more and more until a fight becomes inevitable.
Phil is reckless and emotional. He always has been.Still - Tony overstepped. He himself admitted that he lost control. It is true, however, that what Tony did to Coco is no different than what Phil did to Vito. Except that Coco survived and Vito did not.
I think it's quite a bit different actually. With Vito, it was Phil's "ego" that was damaged. He didn't like having a homosexual connected to his family and wanted it dealt with. With Coco, that was a direct assault on Tony's family, a major form of disrespect. I mean, c'mon how stupid must Coco be to think he could make lude comments to a boss' daughter without there being some serious consequences? And Phil has to be aware of that and let it ride - unless he's aiming for a fight which I believe he is. I actually think Coco got off easy all things considered.
What you say is true.But I was more comparing the two incidents with respect to how much of an insult it was to each boss - Phil killed a man of Tony's crew without any kind of permission from Tony, and Tony nearly killed a New York guy also without the permission of Phil. In that respect, I think the two incidents are similar.

I don't know if it has already been posited, but I wonder if the asbestos dumping is what is going to get Tony. It would be interesting to have him brought down like so many other mobsters - some secondary charge. It may not be tax evasion, but it could be what they make stick.
True. After all, they did mention The Untouchables last night. Perhaps that was a clue of things to come. You never know...

I don't know if it has already been posited, but I wonder if the asbestos dumping is what is going to get Tony. It would be interesting to have him brought down like so many other mobsters - some secondary charge. It may not be tax evasion, but it could be what they make stick.
could be, you remember the steaming pile of trash just on some corner in NJ? I wonder if they could even tie tony to the dumping company?
I doubt that Tony would be as careless as to directly connect himself to the dumping after all these years of taking precautions bordering on paranoia.
That payment without the envelope would make a nice picture for the feds to link it to Tony's crew and thereby Tony. If he doesn't have a stake in the company outright that is and they can link the dumped asbestos to him.
:blackdot:

True. After all, they did mention The Untouchables last night. Perhaps that was a clue of things to come. You never know...
yeah maybe tony caught syphillis from that chick in Vegas like Capone did

could be, you remember the steaming pile of trash just on some corner in NJ? I wonder if they could even tie tony to the dumping company?
I doubt that Tony would be as careless as to directly connect himself to the dumping after all these years of taking precautions bordering on paranoia.
That payment without the envelope would make a nice picture for the feds to link it to Tony's crew and thereby Tony. If he doesn't have a stake in the company outright that is and they can link the dumped asbestos to him.
:confused:
:confused: How would a photo of Tony accepting a wad of cash prove at all that he had any idea how that wad of cash got to the people that gave it to him?

WHo is this charachter on the show? The Band of Brother dude. He kind of came out of nowhere with no introduction/explanation. :shrug:
Nothing on this? R-Nation any back story to speak of?
I found this on WikipediaWalden Belfiore

* Played by: Frank John Hughes

* Appears in: "Walk Like a Man," "Kennedy and Heidi."

Belfiore is a soldier in the Gervasi crew of the DiMeo crime family. He was first seen accompanying Carlo Gervasi to a meeting at the Bada Bing. He also visited Tony Soprano following the death of Christopher Moltisanti and went to great pains to reassure the others of Gervasi's imminent arrival.

:shrug:
:lmao: How would a photo of Tony accepting a wad of cash prove at all that he had any idea how that wad of cash got to the people that gave it to him?
It was Bobby, and it would be evidence if they were trying to build a case.

who was dominic again? I saw the name in the credits, but don't recall seeing him in the episode.
Maybe it was becuase of the reference Pualie made about him? Or he could have been in a scene that was cut? Not sure either, just trying to figure it out.

What a pathetic final season to a great show.

Episode A - Tony wallows in self pity

Episode B - A.J. wallows in self pity

Episode C - Christopher wallows in self pity

Episode D - somebody else wallows in self pity

It's turned into a soap opera with a token violent act added.

And finally, where's the humor that made it great?
Enjoy the season finale of Hero's, because that sounds like it's more of your type of show. Personally, I feel this has been the best season in a long time. The humor is there, it's just going over your head.
:goodposting:

WHo is this charachter on the show? The Band of Brother dude. He kind of came out of nowhere with no introduction/explanation. :banned:
Nothing on this? R-Nation any back story to speak of?
I found this on WikipediaWalden Belfiore

* Played by: Frank John Hughes

* Appears in: "Walk Like a Man," "Kennedy and Heidi."

Belfiore is a soldier in the Gervasi crew of the DiMeo crime family. He was first seen accompanying Carlo Gervasi to a meeting at the Bada Bing. He also visited Tony Soprano following the death of Christopher Moltisanti and went to great pains to reassure the others of Gervasi's imminent arrival.

Enjoy the season finale of Hero's, because that sounds like it's more of your type of show. Personally, I feel this has been the best season in a long time. The humor is there, it's just going over your head.
The humor must be 5 miles over my head.Your comment is funnier than anything I've seen on the show this season. :lmao:

The humor must be 5 miles over my head.Your comment is funnier than anything I've seen on the show this season. :goodposting:
I thought it was pretty funny how Co Co's tooth was in Tony's pants at the shrink's

FWIW, "Coco" is played by a Lieutenant in the East Providence, R.I. police department.

A city a few miles from me. He was in "The Departed" also.

Watching this again right now, it's funny how Carmella got pissed that Meadow was staying at Pat's apartment when she told her that she was staying with her friend "Kimmy." Meadow is what.... like 37 now?

:goodposting:

Watching this again right now, it's funny how Carmella got pissed that Meadow was staying at Pat's apartment when she told her that she was staying with her friend "Kimmy." Meadow is what.... like 37 now? :thumbup:
Pretty sure she was just annoyed that Meadow was lying, not what she was actually doing.

Meadow has really come full circle in the life of this show.

she went from a prissy, defend-the-poor anti-mob life whiney liberal to a person who might very well marry into the same life her father has

Last edited by a moderator:
Meadow (JLS) lived about 5 houses away from me for about 5 years. I didn't know it until my daughter and I were watching MTV Cribs :thumbup: and saw them entering our gate and coming down our street....she moved about 6 months later.

The humor must be 5 miles over my head.Your comment is funnier than anything I've seen on the show this season. :lmao:
I thought it was pretty funny how Co Co's tooth was in Tony's pants at the shrink's
I laugh just about everytime Pauly talks :thumbup:

full scale mob war breaks out, with people dying left and right. But that probably wouldn't be subtle enough for Chase.
I am coming around to this line of thought, simply b/c Chas has spent so much time being subdued, that "going to the mattresses" is the only thing he hasn't yet done on the show. Why start the series with Carm getting a machine gun out of a pillar in the house if you aren't going to ever show a shootout?

Meadow (JLS) lived about 5 houses away from me for about 5 years. I didn't know it until my daughter and I were watching MTV Cribs :thumbup: and saw them entering our gate and coming down our street....she moved about 6 months later.
meadow lives in Green Bay?

full scale mob war breaks out, with people dying left and right. But that probably wouldn't be subtle enough for Chase.
I am coming around to this line of thought, simply b/c Chas has spent so much time being subdued, that "going to the mattresses" is the only thing he hasn't yet done on the show. Why start the series with Carm getting a machine gun out of a pillar in the house if you aren't going to ever show a shootout?
Because it was a pretty hilarious image.I think there's not enough time left to go to the mattresses without rushing it terribly. Doesn't seem to fit the entire character of the show. I'll be a little disappointed if this thing turns into Hamlet with 2 episodes left.

What did Phil mean when he said "cooler heads prevailed" -- he wouldn't have tried to take out Tony and Carmine in his own house would he?
I thought that meant that Butchie convinced him not to have a pow-wow, but maybe he talked him out of a pow-pow. :blackdot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was anyone else thinking of the Wizard of Oz when Phil was bellowing at Tony and Carmine from behind the dark windows of the house?

Because it was a pretty hilarious image.I think there's not enough time left to go to the mattresses without rushing it terribly. Doesn't seem to fit the entire character of the show. I'll be a little disappointed if this thing turns into Hamlet with 2 episodes left.
Someone made an analogy top the last ten minutes or so of The Godfather.I think if Chase had an hour, he could do something effective. Does Chase want the show to be OVER or does he want the door open for a Sopranos movie?

The humor must be 5 miles over my head.Your comment is funnier than anything I've seen on the show this season. :yes:
I laugh just about everytime Pauly talks :lmao:
:cry:

Was anyone else thinking of the Wizard of Oz when Phil was bellowing at Tony and Carmine from behind the dark windows of the house?
No.
Yes.I can see the analogy, too. Tony exposes the little man behind the big wizard facade.
You were thinking Wizard of Oz when you watched it? I don't believe that. You may see the analogy now, but c'mon. You weren't thinking WoO, you were trying to see through the screen, or wondering if Tony would pop a shot from the street, or something else along those lines...you weren't thinking, "Gee, this is like the Great and Powerful Oz".

Meadow has really come full circle in the life of this show.she went from a prissy, defend-the-poor anti-mob life whiney liberal to a person who might very well marry into the same life her father has
In a lot of ways, she's become the son Tony will never have.

He always says he is in waste removal. I don't remember if he has an actual company, however, so maybe he just contracts with them. It would be a nice way to mirror real life though by bringing him up on a charge like this.
I thought he was dismissed from Barone sanitation with an insurance package and Phil took over?

Meadow has really come full circle in the life of this show.she went from a prissy, defend-the-poor anti-mob life whiney liberal to a person who might very well marry into the same life her father has
In a lot of ways, she's become the son Tony will never have.
exactly what I was thinking.. she is smart, level headed and family... if she had been born with #### she would have easily be the heir apparant

Users who are viewing this thread